Adelaide Crows 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:51 am

Stumps wrote:Rance and Bont both good players but genuinely overrated. Rance stands out cos he is surrounded by duds, and he is all arms and legs. Loses his fair share of 1 on 1s don't worry. Even tex stitched him up at Adelaide oval this year.
Both are in the Top 20 in the comp but to say rance is that much better than Lever, Talia, Hurley is just plain wrong. As for Bont. V good player but not in the top 10 midfielders in the comp for mine let alone players

yeah i do agree that the melbourne media have an infatuation with Rance.

Bont is 21 years old, so i think his hype is as much about his potential - if he keeps going the way he is he will be scary good
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:53 am

bennymacca wrote:
Stumps wrote:Rance and Bont both good players but genuinely overrated. Rance stands out cos he is surrounded by duds, and he is all arms and legs. Loses his fair share of 1 on 1s don't worry. Even tex stitched him up at Adelaide oval this year.
Both are in the Top 20 in the comp but to say rance is that much better than Lever, Talia, Hurley is just plain wrong. As for Bont. V good player but not in the top 10 midfielders in the comp for mine let alone players

yeah i do agree that the melbourne media have an infatuation with Rance.

Bont is 21 years old, so i think his hype is as much about his potential - if he keeps going the way he is he will be scary good

I think Rance's work off the screen is as good as anyone's.
Has the balls to leave his player to make a contest and it pays off plenty of times, he either wins the ball or creates a stoppage.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7929 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:25 am

yeah, and i think thats the comparison they were trying to make with lever.

lever just looks so composed and never fails to leave his man when he needs to
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:35 am

bennymacca wrote:yeah, and i think thats the comparison they were trying to make with lever.

lever just looks so composed and never fails to leave his man when he needs to

I haven't studied Lever much this season but I've heard nothing but great stuff about him.

Lever could be their prise recruit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7929 times

Postby Lance's brother » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:29 pm

bennymacca wrote:Didn't he sign a new deal last year?

He wouldn't be a free agent either so Brisbane would have to deal for him. Also from WA.

Would love to know your source mate.

He's originally from Qld, hence the interest from Brisbane via the go-home factor. He played rugby growing up but moved to WA in his teens and switched to AFL.

Don't think he will leave Eddie while he's playing from what I've been told.
Lance's brother
Under 18s

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Lance's brother » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:32 pm

He didn't stand Tex that night. Switched and picked up anyone but him. I was watching for it at the game that night. It was laughable.
Lance's brother
Under 18s

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:00 am

bennymacca wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:Does Jenkins come straight back in, or does he drive to Prospect this weekend?

No.... his driver will take him there, given the coin he is on.

Lol look at the hawthorn supporters trying to deflect

You were saying?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:19 am

Yeh wow, how bad were we last night? If anyone here tells me Tom Lynch is a vital cog in our chain ill spew. Have never rated him, he is selfish in his running patterns and basically a witches hat in defensive work. His 'goal assist' tally looks nice but have a look at where he runs and you will see its to his own benefit. Our midfield is lacking that star power to break a game open when things are tough and we cant play the game on our terms. We are fumbly under pressure, and that's my biggest concern come finals time, im not sure we are up for it if we play a side that brings the heat around the contest.. Which you would think will be all sides

Corona Man, enjoy them this weekend mate. I hope BWS have a special on for ya. Your mob will have ups and downs in the coming year or 2 so enjoy the ups when they present themselves..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby MW » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:21 am

You are way off on Tom Lynch, but everything else is on point.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2613 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:23 am

I can't agree with the Lynch comments, he's Adelaide's most consistent forward. Jenkins can ahve plenty of it with no impact and Walker can have quiet patches but knocking Lynch for his "running patterns" is well off the mark.

If you don't want him, we'll have him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7497 times
Been liked: 10784 times

Postby Former Glory » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:34 am

Totally disagree re Lynch comments also. Pretty accurate on everything else.

Not sure what can be done to improve the midfield immediately. Thompson probably deserves a go but he is clearly not the future. I would also like to see Sloane go forward to see if that can help him get involved, he isn't getting much help from his team mates and persisting with him trying to shake the tag isn't happening either.

Really liking the look of Greenwood. Hopefully Wigg gets an opportunity as well, has definitely earned a chance in my eyes.
Former Glory
Mini-League

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:03 am

Cheney has to come back in for Otten. Nice little story while Otten was kicking a goal or two, but he's a liability when the ball hits the deck.

McGovern in for Jenkins who rightly cops criticism.

Knight misses out for Beech, another selection shocker.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:14 am

Definitely a familiar pattern in their losses. Tag Sloane and put a man between Betts and the goals to limit his cheapies and you are a decent chance to beat them. Onfield leadership is pretty nonexistent at times, Walker needs to stand up under pressure. In the last quarter he should of took responsibility not take the soft option and give the ball off.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:18 am

Jim05 wrote:Definitely a familiar pattern in their losses. Tag Sloane and put a man between Betts and the goals to limit his cheapies and you are a decent chance to beat them. Onfield leadership is pretty nonexistent at times, Walker needs to stand up under pressure. In the last quarter he should of took responsibility not take the soft option and give the ball off.

Doesn't know his team mates that well either. Lynch is 20.14 this year and 50% from set shots. Onus also on him to know he's not on fire and not ask for it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wazz17 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:20 am

Former Glory wrote:Totally disagree re Lynch comments also. Pretty accurate on everything else.

Not sure what can be done to improve the midfield immediately. Thompson probably deserves a go but he is clearly not the future. I would also like to see Sloane go forward to see if that can help him get involved, he isn't getting much help from his team mates and persisting with him trying to shake the tag isn't happening either.

Really liking the look of Greenwood. Hopefully Wigg gets an opportunity as well, has definitely earned a chance in my eyes.

What about Sloane doing the half back flanker role i.e. Hodge. Frees him up up, good mark, reads the play exceptionally well and would provide run and direction.
Wazz17

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:50 am

Booney wrote:Cheney has to come back in for Otten. Nice little story while Otten was kicking a goal or two, but he's a liability when the ball hits the deck.

McGovern in for Jenkins who rightly cops criticism.

Knight misses out for Beech, another selection shocker.

Not Cheney he is a dud, I would rather you Tom Doedee now that he has strung some games together in the SANFL.

Agreed with Knight and Beech and Shooter is a lock. I dont think Jenkins and Otten can go out though.

For me - Otten and Beech out - McGovern and Knight In

Geez I like the look of Greenwood, he could be a gem off the Cat B list.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Former Glory » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:01 pm

Wazz17 wrote:
Former Glory wrote:Totally disagree re Lynch comments also. Pretty accurate on everything else.

What about Sloane doing the half back flanker role i.e. Hodge. Frees him up up, good mark, reads the play exceptionally well and would provide run and direction.

I agree that is also an option but teams are getting pretty adept at shutting down rebounding half back flankers these days, take Johannisen as an example recently. Having said that they have to try something.
Former Glory
Mini-League

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Im standing by my Lynch comments. Always will. Im comfortable enough with the intel I have gathered to do so.. I can see how people like him and rate him, but opinions are like a55holes, we all have one and more than entitled to use them..

Greenwood has been a huge tick since he has come in. After watching Burton do his thing last night it really rams home how much we need Doedee to flourish.. Its always dangerous playing the drafting hindsight game, but to overlook an SA boy for a project Victorian in the top 20 will always come with repercussions and comparisons down the line..

Wigg has been doing enough at SANFL level, the only issue with him currently is we have a plethora of his type in the side. He wont bring anything new to the side to justify dropping a current mid, he may just have to bide his time as injury cover.. He seems to be the CEY of 2017
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby MW » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:21 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Yeh wow, how bad were we last night? If anyone here tells me Tom Lynch is a vital cog in our chain ill spew. Have never rated him, he is selfish in his running patterns and basically a witches hat in defensive work. His 'goal assist' tally looks nice but have a look at where he runs and you will see its to his own benefit. Our midfield is lacking that star power to break a game open when things are tough and we cant play the game on our terms. We are fumbly under pressure, and that's my biggest concern come finals time, im not sure we are up for it if we play a side that brings the heat around the contest.. Which you would think will be all sides

Corona Man, enjoy them this weekend mate. I hope BWS have a special on for ya. Your mob will have ups and downs in the coming year or 2 so enjoy the ups when they present themselves..

You stand by this dribble which is factually incorrect?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2613 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:25 pm

MW wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Yeh wow, how bad were we last night? If anyone here tells me Tom Lynch is a vital cog in our chain ill spew. Have never rated him, he is selfish in his running patterns and basically a witches hat in defensive work. His 'goal assist' tally looks nice but have a look at where he runs and you will see its to his own benefit. Our midfield is lacking that star power to break a game open when things are tough and we cant play the game on our terms. We are fumbly under pressure, and that's my biggest concern come finals time, im not sure we are up for it if we play a side that brings the heat around the contest.. Which you would think will be all sides

You stand by this dribble which is factually incorrect?

The witches hat call may have had mayo supplied for effect, I will concede that part. Was still a bit angry at a couple of efforts last night which may have clouded my judgement on that particular issue
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL