Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby valleys07 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:17 am

Agree re. Jonas' performance, Boon.

I didn't have him in my initial best, but I watched the game again last night to see what I missed.

Absolutely smashed Tippett in the first half, and went to Reid after half time and gave him a bath also.

Don't be surprised to see Houston keep his spot down back when Pittard comes back, and have Jasper shifted to a wing. Loved Houston's game- super composed with the footy in hand, and is surprisingly good in the air.

Wines- his attack on the footy was a level above everybody else on the ground. Keeps that up for the season and he will be knocking on the door of the AA 40. Agreed, skills need sharpening- Interesting stat- we were 18th across the round for DE, yet we still got the job done.

As for Paddy- you could see just how much being back out there with the boys meant to him. Our midfield looks a completely different unit with a competent ruckman.

My 5- Wines, Boak, Ebert, Ryder, Young.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:21 am

valleys07 wrote:Agree re. Jonas' performance, Boon.

I didn't have him in my initial best, but I watched the game again last night to see what I missed.

Absolutely smashed Tippett in the first half, and went to Reid after half time and gave him a bath also.

Don't be surprised to see Houston keep his spot down back when Pittard comes back, and have Jasper shifted to a wing. Loved Houston's game- super composed with the footy in hand, and is surprisingly good in the air.

Wines- his attack on the footy was a level above everybody else on the ground. Keeps that up for the season and he will be knocking on the door of the AA 40. Agreed, skills need sharpening- Interesting stat- we were 18th across the round for DE, yet we still got the job done.

As for Paddy- you could see just how much being back out there with the boys meant to him. Our midfield looks a completely different unit with a competent ruckman.

Did they win the replay too?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:26 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Agree re. Jonas' performance, Boon.

Did they win the replay too?

They were short priced favourites, so it was no surprise, really.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:37 am

First time I'd seen this Houston lad, and was very impressed, looks a genuine prospect for sure.

I'd almost forgotten how good Ryder's tap work can be .. He's as good as any in that department when he's up and about.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:02 pm

JK wrote:First time I'd seen this Houston lad, and was very impressed, looks a genuine prospect for sure.

I'd almost forgotten how good Ryder's tap work can be .. He's as good as any in that department when he's up and about.

Ryder was very good with his ruck work but he tends to go missing and/or sooking against genuine ruckman like Gawn, Sandilands, Nic Nat etc.
Hopefully this year is different for him.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2528 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:52 am

One change for Sunday's game:

Eddy out for Impey.

Not sure I agree with that call.

valleys07
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:34 pm

Impey was always going to come in. Eddy a little unlucky IMO, Amon a little lucky, again, IMO.

Obviously sticking with the Trengove forward tactic as with he and Dixon we are playing two key targets, Eddy was the 3rd (?) tall, perhaps not required against the Fremantle defence.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7518 times
Been liked: 10813 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:13 pm

The unlikely expansion of the Port Adelaide Football Club into China has passed its first major test, with tickets for its AFL game in Shanghai against the Gold Coast Suns selling out in just 2½ hours.

The May 14 match will be the first time a regular season game has been played in China and is being promoted as a festival of all things Australia.

More than 5000 Port Adelaide fans are expected to make the trip to Shanghai, ensuring the 11,600 seat stadium is a sell-out.

Chinese and Australian companies have also embraced the event as an opportunity to promote business ties and have bought about 3000 hospitality tickets. The remaining tickets have been sold to expatriates living around Greater China and locals interested in Australia's indigenous game.

The match is being billed as an opportunity to build better business and political ties between Australia and China, similar to the "ping-pong diplomacy" pursued by the Nixon Administration in the 1970s.

"Sport is a great way to break down barriers and a powerful vehicle for diplomacy," said Keith Thomas, Port Adelaide's chief executive.

"It creates a different tone [between leaders] when they are talking about sport."

Premier Li Keqiang mentioned the match on a number of occasions during his recent visit to Australia and then watched Port play the Sydney Swans in their opening match of the season.

The Premier pointedly joked he couldn't take sides, but would support both teams so as not to be seen interfering in Australia's "domestic politics".

Mr Thomas said there would be a week of activities around the game in Shanghai for supporters and business partners, including a conference, gala dinner and an Australia fair on game day.

And the club is already preparing for next year.

Mr Thomas said there were plans to reconfigure the Jiangwan stadium to more than double capacity to around 30,000 seats and have the game as a central part of the Australia Week event in China.

Australia Week, which was modelled on the G'Day USA events, is run ever two years in Shanghai and usually includes large trade delegations and a visit by the Prime Minister.

Like many organisation Port Adelaide has looked to China in recent years in an effort to broaden its revenue base away from the already saturated Australian sporting market.

Its "China strategy" was to provide a conduit for Chinese companies looking to improve their community standing in Australia and a vehicle for Australian companies wanting to go the other way.

The major backer of the China game is Shanghai CRED and its billionaire founder Gui Guojie, who joined forces last year with Gina Rinehart to buy the Kidman cattle properties for $365 million.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:17 pm

How many Crows fans flying China Southern Airlines to the game for a look? :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:18 pm

Zartan wrote:How many Crows fans flying China Southern Airlines to the game for a look? :D

And then flying Cathay Pacific home... ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:21 pm

Port Adelaide’s Jarman Impey has been convicted and fined $700 over a hit and run car accident in December last year.

The 21-year-old crashed into three other cars, including teammate Angus Monfries’ vehicle, after a drinking session with teammates, before the fleeing the scene.

Impey was fined $5,000 by the club and suspended for the opening round of the season.

He appeared in Adelaide Magistrates Court on Friday and pleaded guilty to three charges.

Having already served his club imposed suspension, Impey will play against Fremantle this weekend, after being named in the selected side.

Youngster Aidyn Johnson, who was a passenger in Impey’s car at the time of the accident, was also been fined $5,000 and banned from playing football in round one.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Booney wrote:Impey was always going to come in. Eddy a little unlucky IMO, Amon a little lucky, again, IMO.

Obviously sticking with the Trengove forward tactic as with he and Dixon we are playing two key targets, Eddy was the 3rd (?) tall, perhaps not required against the Fremantle defence.

I would have kept Eddy in and made Impey wait another week.
Trengove will need to help Ryder out against big Sandilands so I would have kept Eddy in as the 3rd forward.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:38 pm

Booney wrote:Port Adelaide’s Jarman Impey has been convicted and fined $700 over a hit and run car accident in December last year.

The 21-year-old crashed into three other cars, including teammate Angus Monfries’ vehicle, after a drinking session with teammates, before the fleeing the scene.

Impey was fined $5,000 by the club and suspended for the opening round of the season.

He appeared in Adelaide Magistrates Court on Friday and pleaded guilty to three charges.

Having already served his club imposed suspension, Impey will play against Fremantle this weekend, after being named in the selected side.

Youngster Aidyn Johnson, who was a passenger in Impey’s car at the time of the accident, was also been fined $5,000 and banned from playing football in round one.

I cannot believe he did not lose his licence as well.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:45 pm

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Port Adelaide’s Jarman Impey has been convicted and fined $700 over a hit and run car accident in December last year.

Staggering
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5520 times
Been liked: 5153 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:45 pm

MW wrote:

Yeah it's absolute bullsh*t that he didn't.
I don't care who you are, you commit a crime of that nature you deserve to lose your license for a period of time.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:05 pm

Not being a supporter of either Adelaide side..... I found this amusing and slightly ironic!!
Attachments
IMG_1261.JPG
IMG_1261.JPG (183.66 KiB) Viewed 292 times
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:10 pm

LOL
Crows are not allowed any Chinese company sponsorships cause Port said the word China!
Liverpool will need to stop singing their song now so they don't copy Port.
MW
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:11 pm

MW wrote:LOL
Crows are not allowed any Chinese company sponsorships cause Port said the word China!

It is a little amusing though.. Crows do seem to be second to the ball in innovation and originality in this state :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby MW » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:13 pm

By accepting a sponsorship deal from a foreign company and god forbid they are Chinese? oh dear...
MW
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:08 pm

The writing has been on the wall...I saw Nigel Smart eat a spring roll a few weeks back.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 450 times
Been liked: 1221 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL