Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
MW wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:we start to hear every excuse known to man as to why they lost.

Please, may you provide examples of "every excuse known to man"?

May I?

2014: Key ruck away from winning it
2015: Key forward away from winning it
2016: Suspension to Ryder and Monfries why we didn't win it
2017: Playing kids is why we choked v WCE

Please do please.

So when have the PAFC publicly and said this & used as an excuse. Once again just listening to made media phrases :roll: :roll:
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Who left the f****** gate open?

80BCA651-3C48-4B20-9C95-35C6BD6471A3.jpeg
80BCA651-3C48-4B20-9C95-35C6BD6471A3.jpeg (34.02 KiB) Viewed 771 times
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:06 pm

I'm spewing that I've gotta leave work shortly!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:11 pm

MW wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:we start to hear every excuse known to man as to why they lost.

May I?

:lol: :lol:

It's a little quiet this arvo, so:

2014: We squandered a huge chance at playing in a Grand Final. Shat the bed in a number of close/winnable games in the back end of 2014 which cost us a top 4 spot (maybe even top 2), and might have very well won the prelim had we kicked straight. 3.9 in that first quarter cost us. Not personnel. I still believe that had we got over the Hawks that night, Sydney would have feasted on us the next week. We are their bunnies no doubt.

2015: Wasted year. We were junk.

2016: Wouldn't have won it, but no-one can tell me that Ryder's inclusion wouldn't have given us a decent shot at playing finals.

2017: Never in it.

MW- where is your data gathered from re. excuses? Facebook? Big Footy? ;)
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm

valleys07 wrote:
MW wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

May I?

:lol: :lol:

It's a little quiet this arvo, so:

2014: We squandered a huge chance at playing in a Grand Final. Shat the bed in a number of close/winnable games in the back end of 2014 which cost us a top 4 spot (maybe even top 2), and might have very well won the prelim had we kicked straight. 3.9 in that first quarter cost us. Not personnel. I still believe that had we got over the Hawks that night, Sydney would have feasted on us the next week. We are their bunnies no doubt.

2015: Wasted year. We were junk.

2016: Wouldn't have won it, but no-one can tell me that Ryder's inclusion wouldn't have given us a decent shot at playing finals.

2017: Never in it.

MW- where is your data gathered from re. excuses? Facebook? Big Footy? ;)

MW on Big Footy, no way, he's better than that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:26 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I reckon everyone should invest in a tarp company. At least then you'll get good value once Port start losing.

When were the last time the tarps were out? :-?

No offence, but your trolling game is bad.. real bad.. almost as bad as jacking players full of peptides..

Peptides? That's only scuttlebutt mate, nobody knows what their club injected their players with.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:42 pm

Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby MW » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:48 pm

:lol: I'm not going to reveal my sources

Not big footy though, I've not dabbled in it
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:50 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:https://youtu.be/MU3Q3F9RuZA

Long time between posts, were you trying to work out how to post the clip?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:https://youtu.be/MU3Q3F9RuZA

Long time between posts, were you trying to work out how to post the clip?

OMG you worked me out. That must've been hard for ya eh?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:30 pm

Scott Thompson has joined Port Adelaide in a role as development coach.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:02 am

I look forward to the knockers ( Hi Amber ), but one think about the PAFC that can't be questioned is the interactivity of the club to it's members.

PORT ADELAIDE is set to hold an Australian-sports-first member convention in 2018 - Inside Port Adelaide: Live.

The convention is being modelled on a range of sports conferences held around the world, and it will be the first time an AFL club has opened its doors in this way to provide its members with this exclusive opportunity.

Port Adelaide Executive General Manager Matthew Richardson said the club is extremely excited to provide the members with this exclusive convention.

“At Port Adelaide, the personal connection we have with our members is a priority. We are a member first club, and we are always looking at ways to innovate and make our members feel a genuine part of the club,” he said.

“This is important to us, and we think this is a fantastic way to inform and educate our members and hopefully make them feel even more connected to their club.”

The club will provide members with key presentations and strategies from coaching staff, players, list management, and will be headlined by a keynote address from senior coach Ken Hinkley, and a closing address from Chairman David Koch.

Tickets to the convention will be made available exclusively to members, and numbers are limited due to capacity in the first year, with a view to build the convention into an annual event for its members.

The convention will run from 8:30am-3.00pm, and it will lead in to the club’s traditional Family Day and internal trial at Alberton Oval.

The program for INSIDE PORT ADELAIDE LIVE will include;

Defense Masterclass – Nathan Bassett
Club’s defence strategy including panel discussion with several defenders including Tom Jonas and Jack Hombsch

List Management, Trade and Draft Strategy – Chris Davies & Jason Cripps
Hear from our List Management team on the Club’s trade and draft strategy, the recent trade period and the behind the scenes planning and detail that is required at an AFL club.

The Role of an AFL Coach in 2018 – Matthew Nicks
Matthew Nicks has completed the AFL’s Level 4 Coaching Course which is fast becoming the pre-requisite for the current day AFL Senior coach. Hear insights into what is expected of the current AFL Senior Coach and the role he plays in supporting Ken as the Senior Assistant Coach.

Forward Line strategy – Brendan Lade
With a few extra tools in the tool box for 2018, hear from Brendan Lade on our forward line strategy and how we will be looking to maximize the effectiveness of this critical zone in 2018, together with a panel discussion with some of the key forward including Charlie Dixon and Jack Watts

Game Day rotations & GPS technology – Stuart Graham (Head of Sports Science & Conditioning)
Hear first-hand how the player rotations are managed on game day and the importance of this for performance, plus the critical role that GPS technology plays in AFL Football and elite sport worldwide.

Football Analytics – the future of Game Strategy – Michael Regan (Manager, Performance Analytics)
The new frontier is sports strategy and coaching, Michael Regan is the Club’s lead on Football Analytics, the insights and information will amaze you.

Midfield Strategy – Michael Voss
A unique insight into the planning, preparation, training drills, strategies and coaching that goes into the midfield together with a panel with some of the Club’s midfield guns including Brad Ebert, Ollie Wines and Paddy Ryder

The AFL Athlete Conditioning Profile – Ian McKeown (Head of High Performance) & Tim O’Leary (Head of Medical Services)
Exclusive insights in the athletic conditioning and development of our playing list for 2018, highlighting the attention to detail and individualized monitoring that goes into injury prevention and management

Skill Acquisition – how are we applying this to help us improve in 2018 – Carl Woods (Manager, Skill Acquisition)
Find out more about our skill development program … and yes, we’ll talk about goal kicking and what we are doing to improve this and our players’ overall skill level in 2018.

Club Strategic Agenda to 2020 – Keith Thomas (CEO)

Keith will provide members with a vision for their football club leading into the 150th year and an overview of the Club’s strategic agenda off the field

Closing Address – David Koch (Chairman)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:25 am

Booney wrote:Scott Thompson has joined Port Adelaide in a role as development coach.

Further more :

THE PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB is pleased to welcome Scott Thompson back to Alberton on a two-year contract as a midfield development coach.

Thompson says the transition to full-time coaching should be a smooth one after acting as a mentor to the Adelaide Football Club’s young midfielders during his latter seasons playing with the Crows.

“As a senior player it’s natural to take on that sort of responsibility but it helped me realise I have a genuine passion to help young players get the best out of themselves,” he said.

“Port Adelaide has an exciting group of young midfielders and I’m also looking forward to working closely with the likes of Ken Hinkley, Michael Voss and Matt Lokan – who I know well from my school and junior football days.

“It seems like a lifetime ago that I was finding my way as a youngster at Alberton but it’s a great feeling to be back where my footy began.”

Port Adelaide’s General Manager of Football, Chris Davies, says Thompson brings valuable skills and experience to the role.

“Being so recently out of the game as a player, Scott can relate to our young midfielders on a player-to-player basis,” he said.

“And after working in a mentor role with Adelaide he also brings a level of coaching experience.”

Thompson originally joined the Magpies in 1995, working his way through junior levels to play eight games with the reserves before being drafted by Melbourne with pick 16 in the 2000 National Draft.

He was traded to the Crows ahead of the 2005 season and, after returning to the city of Adelaide, played his lone senior game with the Magpies that year.

The 34-year-old went on to win two club champion awards with Adelaide and earned All-Australian selection in 2012 before retiring at the end of the 2017 season after a total of 308 AFL games.

The Port Adelaide Football Club is also pleased to announce that Stuart Cochrane has been appointed as Director of Academies, in charge of the club’s Next Generation Academies.

Cochrane brings a wealth of experience to the role, having spent more than a decade working in player welfare and development with Port Adelaide.

Before that he played 104 AFL games including 54 for the Power.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:33 am

Booney wrote:I look forward to the knockers ( Hi Amber ), but one think about the PAFC that can't be questioned is the interactivity of the club to it's members.

PORT ADELAIDE is set to hold an Australian-sports-first member convention in 2018 - Inside Port Adelaide: Live.

The convention is being modelled on a range of sports conferences held around the world, and it will be the first time an AFL club has opened its doors in this way to provide its members with this exclusive opportunity.

Port Adelaide Executive General Manager Matthew Richardson said the club is extremely excited to provide the members with this exclusive convention.

“At Port Adelaide, the personal connection we have with our members is a priority. We are a member first club, and we are always looking at ways to innovate and make our members feel a genuine part of the club,” he said.

“This is important to us, and we think this is a fantastic way to inform and educate our members and hopefully make them feel even more connected to their club.”

The club will provide members with key presentations and strategies from coaching staff, players, list management, and will be headlined by a keynote address from senior coach Ken Hinkley, and a closing address from Chairman David Koch.

Tickets to the convention will be made available exclusively to members, and numbers are limited due to capacity in the first year, with a view to build the convention into an annual event for its members.

The convention will run from 8:30am-3.00pm, and it will lead in to the club’s traditional Family Day and internal trial at Alberton Oval.

Club’s defence strategy including panel discussion with several defenders including Tom Jonas and Jack Hombsch

Hear from our List Management team on the Club’s trade and draft strategy, the recent trade period and the behind the scenes planning and detail that is required at an AFL club.

Matthew Nicks has completed the AFL’s Level 4 Coaching Course which is fast becoming the pre-requisite for the current day AFL Senior coach. Hear insights into what is expected of the current AFL Senior Coach and the role he plays in supporting Ken as the Senior Assistant Coach.

With a few extra tools in the tool box for 2018, hear from Brendan Lade on our forward line strategy and how we will be looking to maximize the effectiveness of this critical zone in 2018, together with a panel discussion with some of the key forward including Charlie Dixon and Jack Watts

Game Day rotations & GPS technology – Stuart Graham (Head of Sports Science & Conditioning)
Hear first-hand how the player rotations are managed on game day and the importance of this for performance, plus the critical role that GPS technology plays in AFL Football and elite sport worldwide.

Football Analytics – the future of Game Strategy – Michael Regan (Manager, Performance Analytics)
The new frontier is sports strategy and coaching, Michael Regan is the Club’s lead on Football Analytics, the insights and information will amaze you.

A unique insight into the planning, preparation, training drills, strategies and coaching that goes into the midfield together with a panel with some of the Club’s midfield guns including Brad Ebert, Ollie Wines and Paddy Ryder

The AFL Athlete Conditioning Profile – Ian McKeown (Head of High Performance) & Tim O’Leary (Head of Medical Services)
Exclusive insights in the athletic conditioning and development of our playing list for 2018, highlighting the attention to detail and individualized monitoring that goes into injury prevention and management

Skill Acquisition – how are we applying this to help us improve in 2018 – Carl Woods (Manager, Skill Acquisition)
Find out more about our skill development program … and yes, we’ll talk about goal kicking and what we are doing to improve this and our players’ overall skill level in 2018.

Keith will provide members with a vision for their football club leading into the 150th year and an overview of the Club’s strategic agenda off the field

Was very impressed when receiving this, when i got in this morning. Whilst they will tell us what we want to hear, this will be very impressive IMO
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:49 am

Booney wrote:I look forward to the knockers ( Hi Amber ), but one think about the PAFC that can't be questioned is the interactivity of the club to it's members.

Dont know about that mate, get your team selections before anyone else do you ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby MW » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:20 am

Just checking how many unread emails I have...might have to maintain this :lol:
Attachments
119.JPG
119.JPG (8.96 KiB) Viewed 530 times
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:23 am

MW wrote:Just checking how many unread emails I have...might have to maintain this :lol:

Sending 116 to yourself to get the numbers up isn't even close to funny. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:30 am

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Just checking how many unread emails I have...might have to maintain this :lol:

Sending 116 to yourself to get the numbers up isn't even close to funny. ;)

:lol:
MW
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:30 am

Essendon has done something similar for the last 2 years at Etihad.
Members could come and listen to various coaches, draft and talent scouts and administrators for a couple of hours and then it was followed by a Q&A that lasted about an hour. I went to the first one and it was ok but apparently at the last one there was a few simpletons make fools of themselves in the Q&A session. Doesn’t sound in depth as Ports but 3 hours was enough for me, all of the new draftees and new players were greeted and mingled with the members for a bit aswell. Last years was on a Tuesday night which was a bit of a crap time slot
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL