Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby gossipgirl » Mon May 23, 2016 1:21 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:Confucius say cliche ken is safe as a rabbi at a hookers convention. I think he was recently had his contract extended by a couple of years sa they feared he was going to be poached. Port will end up making finals. Perhaps the assistant coaches are not performing ?

Replacing the Crows in the current top 8?

I think most probably unfortunately
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1434 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Booney » Mon May 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Spargo wrote:Heard Chris Dittmar (who has a permanent chip on his shoulder) absolutely slam the club yesterday. Bagged the Kane Cornes decision (again) being gifted his last 8 games, called Keith Thomas soft & said the club was confused & players were given the wrong message by management/coaching staffs bad decisions.

Tend to agree with him around the Kane Cornes thing...still confuses me.

Anyway I went to the Port game on the weekend and sat up in the Southern stand, which isn't my preferred spot but it was great to watch the movement of players etc. My view was that Port and WCE had similar work rates with their press and spread, it was simply that WCE made less mistakes under pressure to get thru and/or over the press. Port had a few players panic too often which created turnovers. There were at least 5 examples where a Port player hand balled under pressure directly to a WCE player. You are actually better off holding the ball in even if it means getting penalised holding the ball as your defence can at least reset instead of a quick rebound turnover.

To summarise I think Port's effort is there, they are just getting exposed in skill execution and to a lesser degree getting out coached.

Dickson has a long way to go to be an A grade forward.

Both of these are killing us for the same reason.

With Ryder and Schulz out ( and Lobbe shit or injured ) the move of Trengove into the ruck means Westhoff is either up the ground working as the avenue to goal, the link man if you will, or he's chopping out in the ruck. This leaves Dixon at home alone in both instances. Our midfield look up and see either nobody there or Dixon with two or more around him.

I saw at stat Friday night, Sydney go to Franklin 36% of their F50 entries. They lead marks I50. Port go to Dixon 32% ( IIRC ) and are last for marks I50. Problem is Dixon has pretty much always had the third man up in his contest as our movement is slow, predictable ( it's through Westhoff or midfield runners only ) and has made his life harder than it would be if our structure is as we intended, with all men available.

He's got 21 goals in 9 games (2.3), is averaging 5 marks and 13 touches. When he has some help and we have some leading / marking options those numbers won't need to increase by much to be more than handy. He's been ok as the key forward in a team under performing, being fairly harshly judged right at the moment. I'm happy with his output up to now.

Edit - AFL leading goal kickers ( Total / avg )

Franklin 37 / 4.1
Kennedy / Lynch 32 / 3.6
Waite 27 / 3
Jenkins 26 / 2.9
Hogan / Gunston 23 / 2.6
Betts / Reiwoldt 22 / 2.4
Fasolo / Dixon / Breust / Stringer / Hawkins / Johnson 21 / 2.3
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7518 times
Been liked: 10813 times

Postby carey » Mon May 23, 2016 2:38 pm

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Your 22 made it in time no? ;)

Easy mate.....I've got Milner Road gags to roll out when ever I'm ready. ;)

Hand on heart, I know a bloke who follows Westies & Freo.

Is he now in a room with padded walls?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Mon May 23, 2016 2:41 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:Confucius say cliche ken is safe as a rabbi at a hookers convention. I think he was recently had his contract extended by a couple of years sa they feared he was going to be poached. Port will end up making finals. Perhaps the assistant coaches are not performing ?

Replacing the Crows in the current top 8?

I think most probably unfortunately

What could you possibly base this on?

if anyone out of the 8 can make its Melbourne ahead of Port, Geez I think Collingwood are more of a chance than Port!

Gossip you certainty confuse me at times
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby MW » Mon May 23, 2016 2:42 pm

lets be honest, both Crows and Port aint making the eight
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby Spargo » Mon May 23, 2016 2:47 pm

MW wrote:lets be honest, both Crows and Port aint making the eight

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5520 times
Been liked: 5153 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby hawks21 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:58 pm

I've got the Crows winning 8 more games, plus two 50/50 games which would give them atleast 13 wins and top 8 spot.
Crows draw 2nd half of the year is quite favourable IMO.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby MW » Mon May 23, 2016 3:08 pm

Spargo wrote:

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

you're no certainly either with 2nd half of the draw to come ;)
MW
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 23, 2016 5:04 pm

centrebet has crows at $1.22, melbourne at $4.50, port at $5, and collingwood at $5.50
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 23, 2016 5:08 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Spargo wrote:Heard Chris Dittmar (who has a permanent chip on his shoulder) absolutely slam the club yesterday. Bagged the Kane Cornes decision (again) being gifted his last 8 games, called Keith Thomas soft & said the club was confused & players were given the wrong message by management/coaching staffs bad decisions.

Tend to agree with him around the Kane Cornes thing...still confuses me.

Anyway I went to the Port game on the weekend and sat up in the Southern stand, which isn't my preferred spot but it was great to watch the movement of players etc. My view was that Port and WCE had similar work rates with their press and spread, it was simply that WCE made less mistakes under pressure to get thru and/or over the press. Port had a few players panic too often which created turnovers. There were at least 5 examples where a Port player hand balled under pressure directly to a WCE player. You are actually better off holding the ball in even if it means getting penalised holding the ball as your defence can at least reset instead of a quick rebound turnover.

To summarise I think Port's effort is there, they are just getting exposed in skill execution and to a lesser degree getting out coached.

Dickson has a long way to go to be an A grade forward.

Both of these are killing us for the same reason.

With Ryder and Schulz out ( and Lobbe shit or injured ) the move of Trengove into the ruck means Westhoff is either up the ground working as the avenue to goal, the link man if you will, or he's chopping out in the ruck. This leaves Dixon at home alone in both instances. Our midfield look up and see either nobody there or Dixon with two or more around him.

I saw at stat Friday night, Sydney go to Franklin 36% of their F50 entries. They lead marks I50. Port go to Dixon 32% ( IIRC ) and are last for marks I50. Problem is Dixon has pretty much always had the third man up in his contest as our movement is slow, predictable ( it's through Westhoff or midfield runners only ) and has made his life harder than it would be if our structure is as we intended, with all men available.

He's got 21 goals in 9 games (2.3), is averaging 5 marks and 13 touches. When he has some help and we have some leading / marking options those numbers won't need to increase by much to be more than handy. He's been ok as the key forward in a team under performing, being fairly harshly judged right at the moment. I'm happy with his output up to now.

Edit - AFL leading goal kickers ( Total / avg )

Franklin 37 / 4.1
Kennedy / Lynch 32 / 3.6
Waite 27 / 3
Jenkins 26 / 2.9
Hogan / Gunston 23 / 2.6
Betts / Reiwoldt 22 / 2.4
Fasolo / Dixon / Breust / Stringer / Hawkins / Johnson 21 / 2.3

Dixon is making a good contest now but as Booney said he needs help............ Why isn't he being afforded it?
Hell they still have that list clogger in Butcher, why not play him as the 3rd tall?
He does make a contest as well and its stop the oppositions defenders going 3rd up all the time.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2528 times

Postby MW » Mon May 23, 2016 5:09 pm

Why are Port not playing Howard? Besides the fact he is as green as it gets, at least he is a recognised ruckman. It would allow Trengrove to go back to defense and all the other shuffles to settle down.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 23, 2016 5:13 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Dixon is making a good contest now but as Booney said he needs help............ Why isn't he being afforded it?
Hell they still have that list clogger in Butcher, why not play him as the 3rd tall?
He does make a contest as well and its stop the oppositions defenders going 3rd up all the time

In brief, even by his standards his numbers have been appalling. 16 goals in 8 games.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 23, 2016 5:15 pm

MW wrote:Why are Port not playing Howard? Besides the fact he is as green as it gets, at least he is a recognised ruckman. It would allow Trengrove to go back to defense and all the other shuffles to settle down.

Agreed, even if he rucks 50% with Westhoff and Trengove doing 25% each it keeps some "structure" for us, especially forward of the ball.

Recognised ruckman might be a stretch though, he has talent and will make the grade, but I think they are very mindful of over loading him too early and hurting him longer term. I think they need to pick him though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 23, 2016 5:17 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Dixon is making a good contest now but as Booney said he needs help............ Why isn't he being afforded it?
He does make a contest as well and its stop the oppositions defenders going 3rd up all the time

In brief, even by his standards his numbers have been appalling. 16 goals in 8 games.

Playing as the 3rd tall though and helping Dixon would be a pass mark for him.
No one said anything about kicking goals........... We all know that ain't happening! ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 23, 2016 5:19 pm

MW wrote:Why are Port not playing Howard? Besides the fact he is as green as it gets, at least he is a recognised ruckman. It would allow Trengrove to go back to defense and all the other shuffles to settle down.

Howard needed to play against West Coast.......what was the worse that was going to happen?
He gets towelled up just like Trengrove did!!

Trengove could have gone back to help out on Kennedy.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 23, 2016 5:29 pm

Could Butcher ruck? Got to earn his paycheque somehow
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 23, 2016 5:34 pm

Brodlach wrote:Could Butcher ruck? Got to earn his paycheque somehow

Why start now.......he hasn't earnt it the last 7 years he has been drafted!! :D
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Mon May 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Booney wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Crowd prediction this week ???

Sub 30000 ???

38,600 and your little crusade is only making one person look stupid.

Only asked the question mr boon.

38000 brilliance!!!!! Crowds have only fallen by 10000 in just 2 seasons at Adelaide Oval.

Ill see you guys in three weeks against the bulldogs.

Winter is upon us and a Sub 30000 is due soon and Im looking forward to the excuses when it does.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 23, 2016 6:29 pm

Seriously why do you bother?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 23, 2016 6:32 pm

time for the mods to step in? this isn't even clever trolling
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times