Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Dean Gore went pick 48 last year so essentially Adelaide got picks 9 and 28 for Dangerfield. Carlise, Yarran and Henderson could be earlier selections which shows the system is wrong but it is still better than just selection 14. Now to package 9 and 13 up and pick up a gun tall backman
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Feenix » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Dutchy wrote:Crows got screwed.

Better than 14 or nothing
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Crows are too nice and it won;t stop them getting raided again and again now.

Needed to play hardball and at least get 2 picks inside 20
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2327 times
Been liked: 3513 times

Postby JK » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:30 pm

Dutchy wrote:Crows are too nice and it won;t stop them getting raided again and again now.

As a rule I would agree, but I can't see how they had any leverage to force this out of the Cats
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:33 pm

It's different now than it was before. Clubs are not willing to pick up uncontracted players who nominate in the draft who don't want to go there...so they end up going to the club of choice regardless.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2613 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:35 pm

JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Crows are too nice and it won;t stop them getting raided again and again now.

As a rule I would agree, but I can't see how they had any leverage to force this out of the Cats

An early agreement gives the Cats exactly what they want, Dangerfield done and plenty of time now to arrange other trades they need to achieve.

Again, Crows are too nice, if they let it play out deep into the trade period, who knows what may have been on offer.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:38 pm

MW wrote:I'm sick of people comparing a free agent leaving with the likes of Judd, Beams etc. I'm a little embarassed for them actually that they don't understand the difference.

I don't understand this comment and why your emotions would reach to being embarrassed. All the average supporter cares about is that their star player is leaving and that they are getting some reward for that player, whether good or bad. The average supporter doesn't care about the machinations behind the trade or under what rules it has occurred - they care about the product they are giving up and what they receive in return, the rest is just window dressing.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby MW » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Nothing if they used the picks for Henderson and Smith...then he walks to Geelong via free agency or draft. I don't care what other clubs are saying, no one would take him in the draft.
MW
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:40 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
MW wrote:I'm sick of people comparing a free agent leaving with the likes of Judd, Beams etc. I'm a little embarassed for them actually that they don't understand the difference.

I don't understand this comment and why your emotions would reach to being embarrassed. All the average supporter cares about is that their star player is leaving and that they are getting some reward for that player, whether good or bad. The average supporter doesn't care about the machinations behind the trade or under what rules it has occurred - they care about the product they are giving up and what they receive in return, the rest is just window dressing.

Then you are one of the people who don't understand mate. I think you'll find the people who don't understand the difference are either supporters of other clubs happy or people just trolling in general.
Last edited by MW on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MW
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Dutchy wrote:
JK wrote:

An early agreement gives the Cats exactly what they want, Dangerfield done and plenty of time now to arrange other trades they need to achieve.

Again, Crows are too nice, if they let it play out deep into the trade period, who knows what may have been on offer.

I said to some mates that's what I'd do if I were the Crows, but then again that might have hindered other activity they're hoping for in the period.

If they went the way you've mentioned PD still might have ended up in the draft and the Crows get nix. They were in a tough spot imho with those around them holding the upper hand.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:44 pm

MW wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Then you are one of the people who don't understand mate. I think you'll find the people who don't understand the difference are either supporters of other clubs happy or people just trolling in general.

Sorry, I don't understand your POV that it's embarrassing.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:46 pm

It's rather simple to understand the difference between what deal you can get for a free agent leaving vs trading a contracted player and I am embarassed for people who cannot understand this. I'm not sure why this needs explaining.
MW
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:47 pm

Crows delistings -
Brodie Martin (del)
James Podsiadly (ret)
Brent Reilly (ret)
Sam Siggins (del)

And now with Dangerfield deal done and Gore coming in they only have 4 vacant spots on their list. Which might indicate that they will look to package 2 high picks for a decent player or they will have to delist others.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby MW » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:48 pm

I think you'll find one of Grigg or Ellis-Yeolman will be traded and Matt Crouch is not signed yet either so a bit to play out yet I think.
MW
Coach

Postby Fricky » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:Crows delistings -
Brodie Martin (del)
James Podsiadly (ret)
Brent Reilly (ret)
Sam Siggins (del)

And now with Dangerfield deal done and Gore coming in they only have 4 vacant spots on their list. Which might indicate that they will look to package 2 high picks for a decent player or they will have to delist others.

Hampton from GWS is coming to the Crows, maybe pick 28 will be on traded to them
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:51 pm

MW wrote:It's rather simple to understand the difference between what deal you can get for a free agent leaving vs trading a contracted player and I am embarassed for people who cannot understand this. I'm not sure why this needs explaining.

That's what I'm saying, people might understand the machinations, but they don't care. All they care about is the players departing/arriving.
It's not that embarrassing.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:54 pm

In a shallow draft (as reported) isnt it good work by the Crows to only have a small number off selections but all early picks
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:56 pm

Suri wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Crows delistings -
Brodie Martin (del)
James Podsiadly (ret)
Brent Reilly (ret)
Sam Siggins (del)

Hampton from GWS is coming to the Crows, maybe pick 28 will be on traded to them

28 is a bit rich for Hampton, maybe 32 & CYE for 27 & Hampton.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7929 times

Postby Q. » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:15 pm

Brodlach wrote:In a shallow draft (as reported) isnt it good work by the Crows to only have a small number off selections but all early picks

Exactly. Some good talent in the top 30, pretty barren after that.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Day 1 over FFS.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times