Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon 2014

Postby stan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Something just popped up in my fb feed, apparent Jimmy's nemesis Caro has been caught drink driving recently...again

Yep, last week.
3rd strike, hopefully the media hound her

Lol, didn't know she was a piss head.

Would of thought it would of been the hubby who was a pisshead to go home to that thing everynight

Dont hold back Jim, tell us what you really think mate lol.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Something just popped up in my fb feed, apparent Jimmy's nemesis Caro has been caught drink driving recently...again

Yep, last week.
3rd strike, hopefully the media hound her

Lol, didn't know she was a piss head.

Would of thought it would of been the hubby who was a pisshead to go home to that thing everynight

She might be a fire cracker, Jim.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10782 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:00 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Through this whole issue I really don't have an issue with the players involved as I truly believe they were mislead. How you could ever pull on a Guernsey for the club again is beyond me considering how negligent the process was. If my work place injected me to improve my productivity with a something else than what I was lead to believe..... **** me you wouldn't see me anywhere near the Pricks in charge again unless it was in court..

That's what I don't get.
What the hell did the board tell the parents of the, say 22yo & under players? Must have been pretty good, you'd think they would be creating a huge stink.
Those borderline, reserve & rookie list players would know that if they don't tow the line there's 100 kids lined up to take their place. I have two boys 21 & 16, if I had found out that they were being injected with Christ know what I'd be lining up at these blokes houses wanting a pretty damn good explanation & asking that the Hird, Thompson & Littles kids be lined up & injected the same shit as what they approved for other peoples sons.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:42 am

Patty Ryder told the club he's leaving at the end of the year. Using the duty of care clause to get out. How many others will now walk too. Also interesting that he's done it just before their first final. It's got me wondering that James Hird coming back has got something to do with it.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:54 am

kickinit wrote:Patty Ryder told the club he's leaving at the end of the year. Using the duty of care clause to get out. How many others will now walk too. Also interesting that he's done it just before their first final. It's got me wondering that James Hird coming back has got something to do with it.

Hird has nothing to do with it.
Has told the club months ago he was interested in going.
He stayed this year even after having the option to leave so I guess we will have to wait and see. Cant just pick and choose when you want to leave surely.
A lot will come down to the court judgement aswell, the get out clause only applies if SC notices are given
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:55 am

Well you can pick and choose when you leave. Especially of hird is the one you aren't happy with.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:00 am

bennymacca wrote:Well you can pick and choose when you leave. Especially of hird is the one you aren't happy with.

Still reckon its beat up by Connors.
He shopped around Myers last year without his knowledge and is responsible for the Cloke and Martin fiascos. Think is trying to get us to match Brisbanes offer.
I also have some reservations about the get out clause as id think he waived those rights when he re-signed in 2013
Jim05
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:18 am

If he resigned in 2013 I'm sure he had it added to his contract. That's probably where this is coming from
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:37 am

bennymacca wrote:If he resigned in 2013 I'm sure he had it added to his contract. That's probably where this is coming from

Nah this clause was made available to all players who were contracted in 2012. The AFLPA had a meeting with the players and told them that.
I dont have an issue with him wanting to go if he genuinely is wanting out. The players have been put through hell and the club owes them that much. I do have a problem if his manager is just doing this to jack up his price which he had had prior history of.
The timing is pretty poor too IMO, club has know about this for months yet media release it on the eve of finals when there is a fair chance our season is over this weekend and then they can start contract talks
Jim05
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:01 am

Meh the manager is doing his job if he is jacking up the price for his client. That's up to the club to negotiate if they think it's all just a ruse
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:07 am

Jim05 wrote:
kickinit wrote:Patty Ryder told the club he's leaving at the end of the year. Using the duty of care clause to get out. How many others will now walk too. Also interesting that he's done it just before their first final. It's got me wondering that James Hird coming back has got something to do with it.

He stayed this year even after having the option to leave so I guess we will have to wait and see. Cant just pick and choose when you want to leave surely.
A lot will come down to the court judgement aswell, the get out clause only applies if SC notices are given

I can't see how. Clearly the supplement program went outside the bounds of normal practice and I'd think Ryder would have plenty of support and cause to break his contract.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10782 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:35 am

Jim05 wrote:

The court judgement has nothing to do with it. All Essendon are doing in court is trying to find any little clause they can use to get out of what they have done. The fact is Essendon stuffed up and in the end will pay for it. Because reality is if Essendon do win the court case, then all that will happen is the investigation will start all over again.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:52 am

Court judgement is a big factor.
May be a small chance but IF and its a big IF that the judge throws it out the case may be stopped forever. ASADA boss McDevitt even admitted this on tv a couple of weeks ago. I do think this is highly unlikely but it is still a chance no matter how small.
Realistically I still think the judge will rule in our favour but wont overturn SC notices. It will be then be up to the players as to if they take a plea or choose to fight further. Out of the clubs hands then
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:56 am

Jim05 wrote:Court judgement is a big factor.
May be a small chance but IF and its a big IF that the judge throws it out the case may be stopped forever. ASADA boss McDevitt even admitted this on tv a couple of weeks ago. I do think this is highly unlikely but it is still a chance no matter how small.
Realistically I still think the judge will rule in our favour but wont overturn SC notices. It will be then be up to the players as to if they take a plea or choose to fight further. Out of the clubs hands then

So what is the point of the court case then?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:01 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

So what is the point of the court case then?

Obviously the club are hoping SC notices are overturned but just my gut feel is it wont happen.
I think the judge will rule that is was a joint and illegal investigation and evidence gathered cant be used but as kickinit said they will probably just restart the investigation again
Jim05
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Essendon conviently has another 'drugs saga crisis' on the eve of the finals. Boring ****.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby stan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Essendon conviently has another 'drugs saga crisis' on the eve of the finals. Boring ****.

regards,

REB

As Jim said previously the timing of this coming out strange. The media seem to like this crap of finals eve. I mean other wise we would be sitting here talking about the games coming up, how awful. :shock:
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby kickinit » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:51 pm

Do you really think WADA will let that happen. I don't see how the cheats even have a right to take it to court. The entered those interviews with their lawyers and where ok with it. The whole point of this court case is so Essendon can try and get off the charges and try to make them look innocent. Everyone involved should be sacked and never allowed anything to do with AFL every again.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby cracka » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:14 pm

Lewie just dropped a bombshell on MMM, that Ryder & Carlisle may plead guilty to the charges, cop their 3 week suspensions & then activate their duty of care clauses in their contracts & leave. Ryder to Brisbane & Carlisle to Hawthorn.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:20 pm

cracka wrote:Lewie just dropped a bombshell on MMM, that Ryder & Carlisle may plead guilty to the charges, cop their 3 week suspensions & then activate their duty of care clauses in their contracts & leave. Ryder to Brisbane & Carlisle to Hawthorn.

Sounds good to me, Brian can retire and Carlisle can play key back where he wants to play. We wont try and make a forward out of him. Cats can have Frawley
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL