Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon 2014

Postby Fricky » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:24 pm

Not sure I would take the deal if i was a Bomber's player, not while its still in court. They all seem pretty sure they haven’t received anything illegal
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Cronulla skipper Paul Gallen is believed to be among 10 current NRL players to have accepted doping bans from ASADA on Friday.

According to reports Gallen and the nine other players still playing in the NRL who were at the Sharks during their 2011 season which has been the focus of the doping investigation have accepted 12 month back-dated bans which will expire on November 21.

The ban effectively means those players - Gallen's Cronulla teammates Wade Graham, Anthony Tupou and Nathan Gardner, Newcastle's Jeremy Smith and Kade Snowden, Gold Coast pair Luke Douglas and Albert Kelly, and North Queensland back Matthew Wright will miss only three NRL games.

ASADA made the offer on Wednesday and gave the players 48 hours to reply, with the deadline for their response 9.30am on Friday morning.

The bans are set to decimate the Sharks side for their wooden spoon play off with Canberra at Remondis Stadium on Sunday, while Wright will be ruled out of the Cowboys' likely finals campaign.

In accepting the bans, the players must admit to taking banned substances as part of Cronulla's 2011 peptide program.

These admissions are likely to be used as evidence against support staff.

The players are said to have agreed to the bans after WADA stated they were happy with them.

Super League players Paul Aiton and Ben Pomeroy are said to have rejected the bans.

The NRL is expected to release a media statement confirming the bans soon.

NRL boss David Smith said he hoped the 18-month investigation was finally reaching a conclusion.

"I'm not completely up to date, as to who has decided to do what, but I do know that process is going on in the background for all the players that were issued with show cause (notices)," Smith told Channel Nine.

"If we can bring the thing to an end, if we can get the right response whereby the punishment fits the crime, whereby anybody that is involved with the game that has had a duty of care is not involved in our game anymore and we can finally put this behind us then the right things have taken place in the right way and I think we have managed the process pretty well so far.

"Then of course we will all be happy and the fans will be happy and the game can move on and we have some clear blue air next season."
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7512 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:38 pm

I must admit I find the whole deal a bit perplexing. For so long we have heard how WADA will come over the top and threats of 2 year bans and now they turn around and dish out a 3 week ban for guys who have admitted doping. These players will be back in time for finals
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Fricky » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Its all about saving face for the codes. Players take the deals, cop a month off and next season we start with all fresh.

McLachlan has said "he hopes that the AFL can go into 2015 with "resolution and clarity" following the Essendon supplements saga", which to me sounds like he wants the Bombers players to take any deal they can so next season there's nothing hanging over the League.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:51 pm

Suri wrote:Its all about saving face for the codes. Players take the deals, cop a month off and next season we start with all fresh.

McLachlan has said "he hopes that the AFL can go into 2015 with "resolution and clarity" following the Essendon supplements saga", which to me sounds like he wants the Bombers players to take any deal they can so next season there's nothing hanging over the League.

Gilligan has just come out and said there is currently no deal on the table for Essendon.
Media have gone with the story that we will be offered the same deal as Cronulla
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:54 pm

3 players have refused the deal, Ben Pomeroy and another UK player plus one retired player.
Its been reported Cronulla players accepted the ban as the individuals or club have no funds to take this to the courts and it would be a lengthy and costly process
Jim05
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:57 pm

Through this whole issue I really don't have an issue with the players involved as I truly believe they were mislead. How you could ever pull on a Guernsey for the club again is beyond me considering how negligent the process was. If my work place injected me to improve my productivity with a something else than what I was lead to believe..... **** me you wouldn't see me anywhere near the Pricks in charge again unless it was in court..
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby dedja » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:27 pm

So Figjamus Incrediblous returns to work at Essendon today :roll:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 1009 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:38 am

dedja wrote:So Figjamus Incrediblous returns to work at Essendon today :roll:

Oh yeah, James won't be at the club this year, it will be a distraction for the players.

7 hours after the ban expires, Golden Boy drags his media circus along.... WAFW.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7512 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Essendon 2014

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:46 am

Booney wrote:

Oh yeah, James won't be at the club this year, it will be a distraction for the players.

7 hours after the ban expires, Golden Boy drags his media circus along.... WAFW.

I agree he should stay away from the onfield stuff until after the finals but I do realise he has to go back to work. There is a fair bit of planning needed for next season and James will be responsible for de-listings and other list management stuff. Id imagine he would be at our last VFL game and running the rule over who stays and goes. He would also be going over all of this seasons data and trying to analyse what we can do to improve. Id hope he doesnt appear in the box at the Carlton game or the finals.
And FWIW the staff and players all requested he come straight back yesterday and meet everyone. I believe some of the playing group even organised a little welcome back show for him last night
Jim05
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:58 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

I agree he should stay away from the onfield stuff until after the finals but I do realise he has to go back to work. There is a fair bit of planning needed for next season and James will be responsible for de-listings and other list management stuff. Id imagine he would be at our last VFL game and running the rule over who stays and goes. He would also be going over all of this seasons data and trying to analyse what we can do to improve. Id hope he doesnt appear in the box at the Carlton game or the finals.
And FWIW the staff and players all requested he come straight back yesterday and meet everyone. I believe some of the playing group even organised a little welcome back show for him last night

BYO or was the club supplying?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5510 times
Been liked: 5141 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Fricky » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:01 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Of course they did. Even if some dont want him back they arent going to say anything yet and create more issues by having a split within the club. IF things go pear shaped for the players I'm sure a few board members and off field staff will suddenly voice that they were against Hird coming back.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:10 pm

Booney wrote:

The biggest self absorbed tosser in Football bar none.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:09 am

Something just popped up in my fb feed, apparent Jimmy's nemesis Caro has been caught drink driving recently...again
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Johno6 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:57 am

thi story better get massive air play if true
it is a major story!!

just like swan having a photo with Mitchell!

its a bloody outrage it is!!!!
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby stan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 am

Mr Beefy wrote:Something just popped up in my fb feed, apparent Jimmy's nemesis Caro has been caught drink driving recently...again

Not much coming through about thus at the moment. I guess we should stay tuned?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 am

Mr Beefy wrote:Something just popped up in my fb feed, apparent Jimmy's nemesis Caro has been caught drink driving recently...again

Yep, last week.
3rd strike, hopefully the media hound her
Jim05
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:52 am

Jim05 wrote:

Yep, last week.

Lol, didn't know she was a piss head.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby dedja » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:55 am

It's all Mick's fault for not boofing her 20 years ago ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 1009 times

Essendon 2014

Postby Jim05 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:46 am

stan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Yep, last week.

Lol, didn't know she was a piss head.

Would of thought it would of been the hubby who was a pisshead to go home to that thing everynight
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL