Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby gossipgirl » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:19 pm

carey wrote:Listening to the dead set legends this morning looks like the crows are now flag favourites again :roll:

not sure what radio station you are listening to but all the ones i have heard keep going on that Port are still favourites to make the grandfinal and even though they lost on the weekend it was really a win and infact they should have won even though the swans should have been up by about 6 goals at quarter time !!!!!!

the port media blitz continues :roll:
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:36 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Hilarious reaction - whoever they support.

Rutten wasn't hanging on to him at all ;)

You won't find too many crows supporters that think that wasn't a free kick. It was pretty shattering though

I know at least one who argued black and blue it wasn't - I was working with him at the time and he went over for it. Would've been a long drive home stewing over that, as he was still foaming at the mouth on Monday.
I reckon there was fair debate here on it, too. Time may have changed opinions.
The most amazing thing was that Jack Anthony went back and slotted it.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:38 pm

Attended my first AFL game at Adelaide Oval on the weekend.
I have no idea what happened during the game, as I had too many frothies, but it was a great atmosphere.
Last edited by Dogwatcher on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby carey » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:31 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
carey wrote:Listening to the dead set legends this morning looks like the crows are now flag favourites again :roll:

not sure what radio station you are listening to but all the ones i have heard keep going on that Port are still favourites to make the grandfinal and even though they lost on the weekend it was really a win and infact they should have won even though the swans should have been up by about 6 goals at quarter time !!!!!!

Dead set Legends is only on 1 radio station that every person on here would know, well now with the exception of you.

Do you actually have any idea about Football? Going by this post I highly doubt it.

Of course Port are going to be very close to Favourites to play in a grand final, Port are top a game clear with a combined losing margin of 11 points. Finish there and it's 2 home finals were port are undefeated.

Sydney would've been up by 6 goals a 1/4 time you say? Bad kicking is bad footy and it works both ways, had port kicked straight in the last port would've won. Hind sight is a wonderful thing but facts are it was a crunch game between 2 genuine top 4 sides and the pressure and result was there for all to see.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:38 am

gossipgirl wrote:

there is no way you can be serious, especially from a crow supporter...

I've heard on the rush hour for the past month or so that every game is a bloody grand final!!! How many grand finals can one side have????
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby stan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:15 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:

I've heard on the rush hour for the past month or so that every game is a bloody grand final!!! How many grand finals can one side have????

Of course she is not serious. Shes even winking at you for god sakes.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:17 am

stan wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:

Of course she is not serious. Shes even winking at you for god sakes.

no winking on my screen
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:19 am

woodublieve12 wrote:no winking on my screen

Or mine. :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby carey » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:29 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Or mine
carey
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:41 am

or mine
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby valleys07 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:21 pm

carey wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:

Dead set Legends is only on 1 radio station that every person on here would know, well now with the exception of you.

Do you actually have any idea about Football? Going by this post I highly doubt it.

Of course Port are going to be very close to Favourites to play in a grand final, Port are top a game clear with a combined losing margin of 11 points. Finish there and it's 2 home finals were port are undefeated.

Sydney would've been up by 6 goals a 1/4 time you say? Bad kicking is bad footy and it works both ways, had port kicked straight in the last port would've won. Hind sight is a wonderful thing but facts are it was a crunch game between 2 genuine top 4 sides and the pressure and result was there for all to see.

I wouldn't say 2.8 is reflective of the dominance either. Certainly Sydney had the upper hand in the first term, no one can deny that- but if people actually watched the game, fair dinkum shots on goal would have read sydney 2.4 port 1.2- there was at least 3 rushed behinds in that first quarter. FYI- no excuses from this port fan, but the scoreline often doesnt reflect the story of the game.

Sydney and port both missed opportunities to break the game open, sydney in the first quarter, and port with their momentum swings mid 2nd term and early in the last- but at the end of the day, the swans got the 4 points in a high quality match.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby cracka » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:24 pm

valleys07 wrote:
carey wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:

I wouldn't say 2.8 is reflective of the dominance either. Certainly Sydney had the upper hand in the first term, no one can deny that- but if people actually watched the game, fair dinkum shots on goal would have read sydney 2.4 port 1.2- there was at least 3 rushed behinds in that first quarter. FYI- no excuses from this port fan, but the scoreline often doesnt reflect the story of the game.

Sydney and port both missed opportunities to break the game open, sydney in the first quarter, and port with their momentum swings mid 2nd term and early in the last- but at the end of the day, the swans got the 4 points in a high quality match.

Wrong thread. :)
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby stan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:18 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Sorry thought she was winking, might just have been at me then :D
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Coach Bombay » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:23 am

Predicted team

Unchanged

On the outer
Martin
Reilly
Rutten
M Crouch
Wright

On the cusp
Henderson
Grigg
Lyons
Porplyzia
Cameron
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:36 am

Coach Bombay wrote:Predicted team

Unchanged

On the outer
Martin
Reilly
Rutten
M Crouch
Wright

On the cusp
Henderson
Grigg
Lyons
Porplyzia
Cameron

I think Charlie Cameron will come back in if fit for Martin or Matt Crouch.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:01 pm

saw this today and for some reason i found this very amusing...
Attachments
cows2.jpg
cows2.jpg (48.53 KiB) Viewed 929 times
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:21 am

Footy Smart wrote:
Coach Bombay wrote:Predicted team

Unchanged

On the outer
Martin
Reilly
Rutten
M Crouch
Wright

On the cusp
Henderson
Grigg
Lyons
Porplyzia
Cameron

I think Charlie Cameron will come back in if fit for Martin or Matt Crouch.

Surprised with the inclusion of Lyons and Matt Crouch being omitted. Don’t see the point of one game in/out for these players.

Good news that Lynch is back playing also.

Hopefully in a few weeks we can add Henderson, Lynch, Brad Crouch to the mix.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby carey » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:39 pm

Serious question to the crow folk how the hell are Wright and Jenesch in your side and the likes of young Crouch and especially Mitch Grigg can't get a game???
carey
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:44 pm

carey wrote:Serious question to the crow folk how the hell are Wright and Jenesch in your side and the likes of young Crouch and especially Mitch Grigg can't get a game???

Jaensch 100% deserves to be in the side, uses the ball better than anyone else in our side besides smith and reilly.

but i do agree that grigg should get a game, and now. he and brad crouch should come in for martin and wright next week
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:31 am

Hats off to Dangerfield. The guy has been smashed from pillar to post all season and he still keeps on chugging away. He is clearly playing sore and is running on sheer guts alone. He either needs to learn how to protect himself better in the play or have periodic spells or both. The risk is a shortened career in the mode of Geelong's Max Rooke.

It would also help if got some protection from his team mates when he is being tagged. I N THE GAME AT Geelong Guthrie smashed him all day long without the slightest protest from the Crows. The guy was moving like Steve Johnson today and he badly needs a chop out.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL