2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

Talk on the national game

Re: 2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:42 pm

eaglehaslanded wrote:Most of us by now have had a chance to look over the 2014 fixture. So I thought this was an opportune time to continue discussion. What do you like about your teams draw, what don't you like?

From a Crows perspective I think it's a good draw, we don't play any of the 2013 top 4 twice. Further more we only play 1 of the top 6 twice, that being the Power. From a marketing point of view I'm disappointed that we miss out on playing Carlton and Essendon in Adelaide.

Umm, we beat Richmond and Port once each last year and we play the top 8 12 times in total next season. That equates to 10 losses this season. So unless we improve greatly or the opposition drop away, we've got our work cut out.

Given this news, I'll be putting money on us not making the finals.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby beef » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:13 pm

Round one will break the record for lowest ever first round attendance, shocking draw.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:34 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
eaglehaslanded wrote:Most of us by now have had a chance to look over the 2014 fixture. So I thought this was an opportune time to continue discussion. What do you like about your teams draw, what don't you like?

From a Crows perspective I think it's a good draw, we don't play any of the 2013 top 4 twice. Further more we only play 1 of the top 6 twice, that being the Power. From a marketing point of view I'm disappointed that we miss out on playing Carlton and Essendon in Adelaide.

Umm, we beat Richmond and Port once each last year and we play the top 8 12 times in total next season. That equates to 10 losses this season. So unless we improve greatly or the opposition drop away, we've got our work cut out.

Carlton 2014 -

Thurs night games x2
Fri night x 6
Sat night x 1
Sun night x 3
Mon night x 1

Marketing dream (and you did actually finish 6th this year).
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5501 times
Been liked: 5141 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Turbo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:54 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

We beat Port twice.

The opening about 8 games are all winnable. Nowhere as difficult as this years first 5 or so rounds. Need to improve against the top 4 to be competitive. Pretty happy with our draw overall
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:52 pm

Spargo wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Carlton 2014 -

Thurs night games x2
Fri night x 6
Sat night x 1
Sun night x 3
Mon night x 1

yep we did, point being?

I'm not for one sec having a go at our draw, I'm more pointing out that we couldn't beat anyone above us.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:03 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Carlton 2014 -

Thurs night games x2
Fri night x 6
Sat night x 1
Sun night x 3
Mon night x 1

yep we did, point being?

I'm not for one sec having a go at our draw, I'm more pointing out that we couldn't beat anyone above us.

Apart from port and richmond - relax mate, it's still October :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5501 times
Been liked: 5141 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Tassie Blues » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:07 pm

I like the Roos draw they can make the top 4 next year and make an impact in September.
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL