Worst AFL media person..

Talk on the national game

Re: Worst AFL media person..

Postby stan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:52 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
MW wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Dermott is a ******* flog. I cringe when i hear him. Dermott likes to talk about Dermott and I'm sick of hearing it. He should **** off and do us all a favour

after hearing him during the WCE v Adel game last night...my god just shut the f up dermott

X3 he was dead set shit last night!!! Rubbish...

X4 Oh Dermie.....
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby carey » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:54 am

Annoying has Dermie can be I'd still rather listen to him every day of the week compared to David King.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:49 am

Did anyone catch Ben Dixon on Friday night after the Hawks/Bombers game?
He spent a good five minutes talking up his goal-kicking coach credentials by bagging Joe Daniher's kicking action (and whoever his kicking coach).
It was disrespectful and self-indulgent on his behalf.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:50 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Did anyone catch Ben Dixon on Friday night after the Hawks/Bombers game?
He spent a good five minutes talking up his goal-kicking coach credentials by bagging Joe Daniher's kicking action (and whoever his kicking coach).

I thought the analysis of Daniher's kicking is warranted and interesting, it was more the fact that he reckoned he could fix it all in a month.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:58 am

bennymacca wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Did anyone catch Ben Dixon on Friday night after the Hawks/Bombers game?

I thought the analysis of Daniher's kicking is warranted and interesting, it was more the fact that he reckoned he could fix it all in a month.

I agree it's warranted. It's just Dixon's commentary was smug and full of self-interest (reading between the lines: "Essendon should employ me to help" or, at the least, "hey other clubs, remember me, I'm out here and can help") and trashing the kicking coach at Windy Hill - he actually bagged the coach who was involved in the process. I thought it was pretty disrespectful to a fellow professional.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:00 am

Yeah people bag kingy but at least he tries to bring something different. Not sure what Dixon actually adds to the coverage
bennymacca
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:37 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

I agree it's warranted. It's just Dixon's commentary was smug and full of self-interest (reading between the lines: "Essendon should employ me to help" or, at the least, "hey other clubs, remember me, I'm out here and can help") and trashing the kicking coach at Windy Hill - he actually bagged the coach who was involved in the process. I thought it was pretty disrespectful to a fellow professional.

Dixon was bagging Matthew Lloyd who was there helping Big Joe but has since left. I think Dixon is the kicking coach at Collingwood?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:38 am

bennymacca wrote:Yeah people bag kingy but at least he tries to bring something different. Not sure what Dixon actually adds to the coverage

Good looks and flair.

F*** Kingy, hopefully they send him to the Olympics or Commonwealth Games whatever is next.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:40 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Dixon was bagging Matthew Lloyd who was there helping Big Joe but has since left. I think Dixon is the kicking coach at Collingwood?

Seems to be working well for Cloke then.

It was valid, Daniher's ball drop is too high, when the Bombers are only getting half a dozen shots on goal for a match, they need to make sure they count.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:51 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Then, I wouldn't be too loud about what other coaches are doing, if I were him.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:52 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:

Seems to be working well for Cloke then.

It was valid, Daniher's ball drop is too high, when the Bombers are only getting half a dozen shots on goal for a match, they need to make sure they count.

Definitely, it's way too high. Imagine the damage he could do if he got it right.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:58 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Definitely, it's way too high. Imagine the damage he could do if he got it right.

He's going to leave the game as one of the best of his craft, he has all the attributes required, just gotta nail this component and get some decent supply again.

I wonder how many suspended Bombers will return to Windy Hill.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:58 pm

I am quite sure Dale Lewis has had a mention here. Can't say I am a fan of the dribble he goes on with. And while it's not his fault alone, I had MMM on the radio to get an idea on the Port/Dogs game. It was late in the 3rd quarter when I tuned in. I listened in for a good 8 minutes before they gave a score other than its 69 to 66.... Yeah, great - who's ******* leading!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:44 pm

Have to say I quite like Nathan Brown on the radio. Reckon he goes well
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:02 pm

What do you expect from a Hawthorn knob jockey. At least the rest of them could actually play.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Yangebup » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:33 pm

Ling - drives me crazy with his comments, post match i/v's & the ridiculous Hame & Den to his co-commentators

Dunstall King & Frawley have ruined a great show On the couch, i use to love that program.

Brereton the dribbler Uuuurgh, Frawley, Johnson (just shutup for awhile)

They need to refresh Fox & give some new blood a go,

the Fox commentators now are near enough for me to cancel they are that annoying.

If only the radio commentary was in sync with TV, Tim Lane etc & those on AFL Live are so much better
Yangebup
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:03 pm

Yangebup wrote:Ling - drives me crazy with his comments, post match i/v's & the ridiculous Hame & Den to his co-commentators

Dunstall King & Frawley have ruined a great show On the couch, i use to love that program.

Brereton the dribbler Uuuurgh, Frawley, Johnson (just shutup for awhile)

They need to refresh Fox & give some new blood a go,

the Fox commentators now are near enough for me to cancel they are that annoying.

If only the radio commentary was in sync with TV, Tim Lane etc & those on AFL Live are so much better

Fox is the B grade Ch 7 is the A grade. When I watch the Crows game each week I cringe when I know it's a Fox game with their crap commentators and annoying graphics.

I mean seriously Dwayne Russell, David King, Dermie, Brad Johnson, Ricciuto, Barry Hall, Jonathan Brown the list goes on. Then their shows during the week I remember that drunk clown Robbo & Maclure too. What about Pickering is he still on there?
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:08 pm

Kind of glad I don't have Fox. The old "less is more" theory when it comes to football flap trapping suits me fine.

Game Day recorded Sunday morning for Sunday night, Talking Footy on Monday night is about it.

The more I see the Fox folks shit canned on here the better the money feels in my pocket.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby GWW » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:18 pm

I presume Fox thought they were adding some credibility and quality by bringing in Sandy Roberts.

How wrong they were!
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:34 pm

Love having Fox Footy

Hate Kane Cornes trying to be controversial to be seen in his fathers light
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL