Crows vs Bombers

Talk on the national game

Crows vs Bombers

Postby Blue Boy » Tue May 30, 2006 11:17 am

No Welsh again this week he has hurt him self again.

Zoomer back in probably for Skipworth - They really need to get Torney in I think.

I wonder if Sheedy will stay true to his word about attacking footy from the Bombers - if he does go that way it could get messy !!!
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby MightyEagles » Tue May 30, 2006 11:19 am

Oh man, two posts on the same topic at the same time.
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Postby Blue Boy » Tue May 30, 2006 11:20 am

MightyEagles wrote:Oh man, two posts on the same topic at the same time.

The race is on !!!
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby sydney-dog » Tue May 30, 2006 11:23 am

does sheedy have a choice, he came out and publicly attacked Wallace
sydney-dog
League - Top 5

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Blue Boy » Tue May 30, 2006 11:29 am

sydney-dog wrote:does sheedy have a choice, he came out and publicly attacked Wallace

Well he does if he wants to keep his job - got to be startin to get just a little shaky in Bomber land !!!
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby sydney-dog » Tue May 30, 2006 5:47 pm

in regards to Welsh he just can't seem to string together a full season, from memory he misses about 6-8 matches each year, all reports were that he had an outstanding pre-season so he and the club would be extremely disappointed
sydney-dog
League - Top 5

Postby Blue Boy » Tue May 30, 2006 5:54 pm

sydney-dog wrote:in regards to Welsh he just can't seem to string together a full season, from memory he misses about 6-8 matches each year, all reports were that he had an outstanding pre-season so he and the club would be extremely disappointed

As I am disappointed to - would be very handy @ the moment
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby Dog_ger » Tue May 30, 2006 6:17 pm

I am no footy expert, but Essendons' recruiting (Coachs' and Players') has to be questioned...! Someone must be answerable...?
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby sydney-dog » Tue May 30, 2006 6:21 pm

agree, the Bombers recruiting has been disgraceful

2000 draft
the bombers top two picks used on James Davies at 17, who managed just three games, and then Ted Richards (pick 27)

traded pick 18 for Shane Harvey
Pick 31 was used on Reynolds
Andrew Welsh at pick 47

the Bombers chose Jason Laycock and Jason Winderlich at picks 10 and 11 respectively
they used their third pick on Darren Walsh played just two games.

The Bombers traded valuable draft picks for recycled players from other clubs, they recruited ageing Carlton pair Matthew Allan and Justin Murphy and Mark Alvey from the Bulldogs - all now gone from the list having played barely 50 games between them for Essendon.
sydney-dog
League - Top 5

Postby Blue Boy » Tue May 30, 2006 6:26 pm

sydney-dog wrote:agree, the Bombers recruiting has been disgraceful

2000 draft
the bombers top two picks used on James Davies at 17, who managed just three games, and then Ted Richards (pick 27)

traded pick 18 for Shane Harvey
Pick 31 was used on Reynolds
Andrew Welsh at pick 47

the Bombers chose Jason Laycock and Jason Winderlich at picks 10 and 11 respectively
they used their third pick on Darren Walsh played just two games.

The Bombers traded valuable draft picks for recycled players from other clubs, they recruited ageing Carlton pair Matthew Allan and Justin Murphy and Mark Alvey from the Bulldogs - all now gone from the list having played barely 50 games between them for Essendon.

Hmmmm yes I think Sheeds is nearly finished. This is a shame because I think he has been fantastic for the game at all levels.

Harvey at Fremantle at the moment just waiting in the wings for Sheeds to finish up.
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby sydney-dog » Tue May 30, 2006 11:22 pm

I would think that Gary O'Donnell might be in front of Harvey or would they go for Mark Williams who has been at Essendon as an assistant, or even Bomber Thompson..........

Maybe they might go for someone outside of the Essendon family, someone like Don Pyke could be a smokey and remember the ex crows coach is now at the Bombers
sydney-dog
League - Top 5

Postby Blue Boy » Wed May 31, 2006 11:19 am

sydney-dog wrote:I would think that Gary O'Donnell might be in front of Harvey or would they go for Mark Williams who has been at Essendon as an assistant, or even Bomber Thompson..........

Maybe they might go for someone outside of the Essendon family, someone like Don Pyke could be a smokey and remember the ex crows coach is now at the Bombers

Harvey took the job with Fremantle so he could experience life out of Essendon - Very good move for him.
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby Blue Boy » Wed May 31, 2006 11:21 am

Clarke out at this stage - Maric to get a run.
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby blink » Wed May 31, 2006 11:34 am

I also think that should Sheeds leave at the end of the year, Harvey will get the job. Sheedy groomed him for the past 5 or so years as an assistant, and now he has gone to Fremantle like BB said, to gain the valuable experience of coaching at another AFL club.

It could also come down to who loses their job first - Sheedy or Connolly. You would think that Harvey would get the gig at Freo should the board decide to part ways with Connolly.
blink
League - Best 21

Postby sydney-dog » Wed May 31, 2006 12:11 pm

blink, I don;t think Harvey is a certainty, maybe he is too much in the Sheedy mould, given that Sheedy has been at the club for 20 years, the club may seek at totally fresh direction......

O'Donnell was Mathews right hand man during the Lions Premiership era, I would think he would be in front of Harvey if he wanted the job......

For me, the bombers have been on the nose for a few seasons now, a bit stale, I would not be suprised if they go for someone who is totally dirvorsed from the club or if it is an essendon person someone who has spent some considerable amount of time, away from the club in another club's footy environment

Would Terry Daniher be a candidate, also Mark Williams has been open in regards to his desire to coach one of the big clubs in Vic
sydney-dog
League - Top 5

Postby Blue Boy » Wed May 31, 2006 12:34 pm

sydney-dog wrote:blink, I don;t think Harvey is a certainty, maybe he is too much in the Sheedy mould, given that Sheedy has been at the club for 20 years, the club may seek at totally fresh direction......

O'Donnell was Mathews right hand man during the Lions Premiership era, I would think he would be in front of Harvey if he wanted the job......

For me, the bombers have been on the nose for a few seasons now, a bit stale, I would not be suprised if they go for someone who is totally dirvorsed from the club or if it is an essendon person someone who has spent some considerable amount of time, away from the club in another club's footy environment

Would Terry Daniher be a candidate, also Mark Williams has been open in regards to his desire to coach one of the big clubs in Vic

Is O'Donnell still @ Brisbane - not sure.

Harvey left to gain the out of Essendon experience - Very good move I think.

Terry Daniher is a smokey - what is he doing now !!!
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby JK » Wed May 31, 2006 12:39 pm

I think Sheed's downfall has been that his focus has become more and more split in recent seasons toward what is right for Essendon and what is right for the game in general, and unfortunately for the Bombers I think your concern has to be purely for your own club ... Possibly even sentimentality crept in with retaining for too long (or re-introducing) players like Mercuri, Heffernan, Misiti, the Johnson boys (who were highly sought after whilst their stock was high)??

I wonder if they would consider another favourite son in Tim Watson who, granted had a brief lean period in charge of the Saints (no orphan in that category though!!) .. However I'd imagine after a 20+ year reign, they would look at starting totally fresh, possibly meaning a coach without an Essendon background(worked with Sheedy) - Guy McKenna perhaps??

With Fletcher, Hird and Lloyd on the clock with aging bodies, things could very likely get worse at Windy Hill before they get better!
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby JK » Wed May 31, 2006 12:40 pm

TD would be too old now for a first time coach now I reakon, can't see him being in the mix
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby sydney-dog » Wed May 31, 2006 12:41 pm

O'Donnell joined the Bombers, Last year ??

I think TD is at Carlton now

In regards to Harvs, I think Sheedy will see out his contract to the end of next year, this may not be a bad thing for Harvs at it gives him two years at another club, but Connolly may fall on his sword by then
sydney-dog
League - Top 5

Postby MW » Wed May 31, 2006 12:42 pm

sydney-dog wrote:I would think that Gary O'Donnell might be in front of Harvey or would they go for Mark Williams who has been at Essendon as an assistant, or even Bomber Thompson..........

Rumour has it that Choco would not leave the Power for any other coaching job except for Collingwoods
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2654 times
Been liked: 1882 times

Next

Board index   Football  AFL