Round 2 Results

Talk on the national game

Round 2 Results

Postby scott » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:24 am

RICHMOND: 3.2, 6.4, 10.7, 11.11 (77)
ST KILDA: 4.1, 9.4, 11.6, 13.10 (88)

GOALS – Richmond: P.Bowden 3, Pettifer 3, Jackson 2, Tivendale, Richardson, Simmonds St Kilda: Gehrig 3, Riewoldt 3, Dal Santo, Goddard, X.Clarke, Fiora, Montagna, Harvey, Hayes
BEST – Richmond: J.Bowden, Simmonds, P.Bowden, Hyde, Raines, Coughlan St Kilda: Riewoldt, Hayes, Hamill, Hudghton, Montagna, Harvey
INJURIES – Richmond: Thursfield (knee), Schulz (concussion)
St Kilda: Nil
CHANGES – Richmond: Stafford in selected side by Jackson
St Kilda: Ball (abdominal strain) in selected side by Peckett
REPORTS - Nil
UMPIRES - Margetts, McLaren, McInerney
CROWD - 40,740 at Telstra Dome
scott
Veteran

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby stan » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:07 am

Actually was a pretty good game.
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby sydney-dog » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 pm

Good Game good contest

for me, the saints will need to do some work to be top 4.

They lack a genuine ruckman, even when Kosi comes back Im not sure whether he is the rucking answer there looking for, also there defence is very thin, and suspect.....

Good midfield but if Lenny or Dal Santo have a bad day, they could be in trouble

Obviously Ball to come back in, but for me they are very reliant on their top 6 players and if they don't fire the saints don't fire, they need more evenness across the side
sydney-dog
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Magpiespower » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:44 pm

Blistering third quarter from the Bullies today.

Bet I won't see anything remotely like that tomorrow at the SCG...
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby MightyEagles » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:32 pm

I'm 5 from 5 so far this round.
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Postby David Votoupal » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:58 pm

Some way for us to unfurl the flag :(

Down by 38 points at half time :evil:
David Votoupal
Rookie

Postby LionsGalSA » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:36 am

sydney-dog wrote:Good Game good contest

for me, the saints will need to do some work to be top 4.

They lack a genuine ruckman, even when Kosi comes back Im not sure whether he is the rucking answer there looking for, also there defence is very thin, and suspect.....

Good midfield but if Lenny or Dal Santo have a bad day, they could be in trouble

Obviously Ball to come back in, but for me they are very reliant on their top 6 players and if they don't fire the saints don't fire, they need more evenness across the side

thats why I give us MASSIVE chance

We showed a massive improvement - our yougsters proved they are up to AFL, Browny & Power found their form last night, Bradshaw, Charman and Sherman were top three best on ground AND Leppa got some invaluable game time (back injuries are a bugger to get over) I hope we have a true ruckman to back Jamie up - we were only unsettled and conseded goalslast game when he came off and Hille had a raw youngster to deal with.

Saints are not playing as well as they would like - the lost to WC and scraped home against Richmond.

Plus we have a score to settle! :P

GO LIONS!
AUFC + BLFC + NAFC = ME

I LOVE DANNY HARGRAVES!!
LionsGalSA
Mini-League

Postby stan » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:11 am

Need to get Aker playing better footabll.
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby LionsGalSA » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:41 am

yeah - somthings amiss there

however - i dont think anyone can stop brown and brashaw (30 marks and 7 goals between them) on their day.

the imprvement in our youngsters such Hooper, Rischitelli, Mills, Clark, Attard,. Sherman(2nd season) and Brennan(finally getting over those injuries) were the best part. Wood is developing nicely and Merrit kicked a lazy ten in the reserves this week.

I love how Rischitelli goes at the footy - hard and fair...great tackler and goes at the contested football at a million miles an hour.
AUFC + BLFC + NAFC = ME

I LOVE DANNY HARGRAVES!!
LionsGalSA
Mini-League

Postby Punk Rooster » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:54 am

Face it, Brisbane have had their run at the top, it's over. They've still got a classy unit, but it's now an old classy unit. They'll still win games, but they're just another side now.
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby JK » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:02 pm

I gotta agree with LG here, from what I've seen of the Brissy kids, namely Clark, Hooper, Harding and Rischitelli they have made a very large step toward creating their next generation of frontline players ... I was very impressed with what I saw of Wood in the pre-season ... Problem is whether they will have enough to replace guys like Voss, Lappin, Aker, Leppitsch, Scott's etc who will start to disappear possibly as early as next season onward ...
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4462 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby LionsGalSA » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:47 pm

These are the younger guys that are missing in the team

adcock
drummond
selwood
corrie
merrett
wood
hadley

We will miss Hadley - he was suppose to be earmarked for the midfeild till he got injured again.

Leppa needs time to find touch after his back injury - and Browny looks to be fully recovered after his OP injury

Hadley Sherman and Riska will be our future midfeild IMHO and Mills was so important at CHB as he lets braddy go down foward & leppa to play off the bench and get match fitness. Hooper is the answer to our crumbing problems up foward too. Harding and Drummond are also options to take over from the 2 Scotts.

Merritt has alot of to potential to be a FF - . only experiance will make Merritt better as a foward - smoe of the things he does reminds me of Lynchy. Id like to see him go down back a bit and learn what defenders try to do to fowards and that will help learn about playing foward.
AUFC + BLFC + NAFC = ME

I LOVE DANNY HARGRAVES!!
LionsGalSA
Mini-League

Postby blink » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:18 pm

I think that Brisbane will still be a decent side in the next few years to come. Akermanis will be around for a while yet, as will Black, maybe as long as another 4 years. The key to Brisbane's success over the next few years will be Jonathan Brown. If he can stay fit and firing they will go OK.
blink
League - Best 21

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:20 pm

LionsGalSA wrote:These are the younger guys that are missing in the team

adcock
drummond
selwood
corrie
merrett
wood
hadley

We will miss Hadley - he was suppose to be earmarked for the midfeild till he got injured again.

Leppa needs time to find touch after his back injury - and Browny looks to be fully recovered after his OP injury

Hadley Sherman and Riska will be our future midfeild IMHO and Mills was so important at CHB as he lets braddy go down foward & leppa to play off the bench and get match fitness. Hooper is the answer to our crumbing problems up foward too. Harding and Drummond are also options to take over from the 2 Scotts.

Merritt has alot of to potential to be a FF - . only experiance will make Merritt better as a foward - smoe of the things he does reminds me of Lynchy. Id like to see him go down back a bit and learn what defenders try to do to fowards and that will help learn about playing foward.

A more than optimistic view there Lions Gal. Some of the players mentioned will not be consistently good at league level for many years - if ever...

Hadley - two recons already and has played bugger all football. For him to relieve the old four he would need at least two seasons of solid running in the midfield rotation. Can't see this happening.

Corrie - his technique is simply terrible. Tries to kick off one step all the time. I can't recall an indigenous player with less balance.

Drummond - shows poise but appears to have weak shoulders even at this early stage of his career.

Rischettili - I could catch this guy. You need skills a la Greg Williams to get away with his lack of pace.

Merrett -Like him. Big stong lad who looks the goods but will take time to develop into a gun forward. Why was he left out of the side? Plenty of forwards will have a dirty day at Geelong this season.

Mills - Another one who is literally miles off it. Merrett in the Forward line and Bradshaw at CHB is Lethal's preference.

Adcock - No way. I'll be amazed if he is still on your list in three years. A bit harsh maybe but didn't see anything special in his game.

Apologies for being so harsh Lions Gal but as a Cat fan I know just how long it takes for a bunch of youngsters who come into the system within 18 months of each other to raise themselves up to being consistent at league level. You are in for a bit of a shock because it takes at least two to four seasons or 40-70 games. In that time your core is going to age and lose impact along the way. The only way the Lions can avoid pain in respect to ladder position is to offload an Akermanis or Leppa to try and get an experienced player to the club who might have more miles on the tank.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Board index   Football  AFL