Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby hawks21 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:35 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Suri wrote:I think $2.65 (sportsbet) for Port is overs. Although you cant take a heap away from the Freo game as Freo are so bad at the moment, Port demolished them like good teams do to cr@p teams. Seems it's set up for a cracker of a Showdown, 1v2, 50k+ crowd, helluva lot of bragging rights on the line

Much better prices around up to $2,95.

I jumped on Port at +15.5 on Sunday night, should be close to evens this game.

Could question Port's opposition to date but also question the pressure Adelaide have been put under by playing GWS and Hawks who both like to run and gun which suits Adelaide to a tee. If Port can make it a tight physical inside battle I think they win.

Hawthorn haven't ever been a run and gun team.

Uncontested mark kings. Hardly run and gun.

Expecting Port to play similar to the way Hawthorn did last week. Plenty of numbers around the ball and defensively, they will try and make it into as congested/contested game as possible. They won't want to make it into a shoot out IMO.

I think the Crows have enough mismatches up forward as I can’t see a clear match ups for McGovern or Betts to kick a winning score.

However the way Ken has your midfield working in the first two games your forwards will see enough of it to kick a winning score also.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Weather permitting I expect the winning score will be 120 points+.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:01 pm

hawks21 wrote:I think the Crows have enough mismatches up forward as I can’t see a clear match ups for McGovern or Betts to kick a winning score.

The only way you can isolate these mismatches though is by beating us in the midfield, and quick rebound from defense.

If Port are able to stifle Adelaide's quick rebound, there will be no isolated match up, as Port will throw Westhoff in the hole to act as that intercept all night.

DBJ has come on in leaps and bounds, and will get first go at Eddie. Absolutely spanked Walters last week, and Eddie is a much more dangerous prospect than him, so it promises to be a cracking match up.

If DBJ keeps Eddie to 3 goals or less, i'd consider that a win.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Hombsch to miss 3-4 with slight medial strain. Big loss.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:44 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Suri wrote:I think $2.65 (sportsbet) for Port is overs. Although you cant take a heap away from the Freo game as Freo are so bad at the moment, Port demolished them like good teams do to cr@p teams. Seems it's set up for a cracker of a Showdown, 1v2, 50k+ crowd, helluva lot of bragging rights on the line

Much better prices around up to $2,95.

I jumped on Port at +15.5 on Sunday night, should be close to evens this game.

Could question Port's opposition to date but also question the pressure Adelaide have been put under by playing GWS and Hawks who both like to run and gun which suits Adelaide to a tee. If Port can make it a tight physical inside battle I think they win.

Hawthorn haven't ever been a run and gun team.

Rightio :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 3603 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:I didn't see the game so can't really comment on how Sydney played...time will tell how good a win it was depending on Sydney's form come the next month or so.

Didn't see it, but question the merit of the win?

Ok.

Correct, because I didn't see it I work on the factors I know...hence the ?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:17 pm

Booney wrote:Weather permitting I expect the winning score will be 120 points+.

Conditions will be perfect.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:16 am

Booney wrote:Hombsch to miss 3-4 with slight medial strain. Big loss.

Massive, especially for this week.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby hawks21 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:26 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Trengrove goes back then or is there another backman that can come in?
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:29 am

hawks21 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Trengrove goes back then or is there another backman that can come in?

I don't think Ken will play Austin. They'll chuck Trengrove back and allow Eddy to play as the second forward. Might mean Westhoff goes forward as well with Hartlett coming in for Hombsch, it will free up another runner.
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:01 am

PORT ADELAIDE and French submarine builder DCNS have announced a partnership that will help revitalise the Port Adelaide township and district.

The partnership is a two-pronged approach to help DCNS engage with the Port community surrounding the Future Submarine shipyard and to develop relevant education programs in local schools to encourage the next generation of scientists, mathematicians and engineers.

Port Adelaide, as the oldest football club in South Australian senior football, will provide a vessel to achieve this by bringing DCNS and Australia’s native game together.

This will be done by DCNS becoming a joint major partner of the club’s heritage brand – the Magpies – in the SANFL competition; its logo appearing on the front bib of the famous prison bar jumper during 2017.

DCNS’ overall investment in Port Adelaide is equivalent to that of an AFL-level principal partner, but its funding will be distributed across the club’s SANFL operations and Power Community Ltd, specifically the Power Community Youth Program (CYP).

Through the partnership, the Power Community Youth Program will adopt a new, significant emphasis on promoting science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), and in-school respect.

That is additional to the 17-year-long focus of the CYP on promoting healthy lifestyles to primary school children.

DCNS branding will also appear at Port Adelaide home games at both Adelaide Oval and Alberton Oval.

“When we first spoke to DCNS about forging a partnership, community development was always front of mind for us and they shared that view.”

Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas said the DCNS partnership would continue to grow throughout the 2017 season.

“This partnership allows DCNS to focus their efforts on the heart of our community, which is now the heart of theirs here in Australia,” Mr Thomas said.

“We are proud to have this association with DCNS, to have their logo on the front of our heritage jumper in the SANFL, and to be working them to promote STEM curricula to girls and boys in the schools visited by our excellent Power Community team.

“This is a partnership of potential, and we’re excited about what we can build together with DCNS.”

DCNS Australia chief executive Brent Clark believes the partnership will achieve significant benefits in both the Poft community and the classroom.

“DCNS is committed to training the next generation of scientists, mathematicians and engineers,” Mr Clark said.

“Our partnership with Port Adelaide and the South Australian Department of Education will focus on developing a lesson plan for problem solving.

“It will be rolled out in schools across the state and will hopefully encourage more students to consider a career in science, technology, engineering and maths.

“Port Adelaide is home to a proud football team and will be home to the new workforce of the future submarine program.

“This is an exciting time for everyone in South Australia and particularly the local community in Port Adelaide.”

Education Minister Susan Close is also the state MP for Port Adelaide and says the investment from DCNS into the club will have important benefits in the minds of locals, and for the minds of students.

“I’m delighted to see any investment in the Port Adelaide township, and to me, the Port Adelaide township and the Port Adelaide Football Club are virtually indistinguishable,” she said.

“I’m particularly pleased to see both DCNS and Port Adelaide prioritise the Community Youth Program with a focus on STEM subjects.

“To have a community football club in the AFL engaged in this work, and to have such a big company like DCNS prepared to fund a program like this, means our kids get the best chance to develop skills for their future."

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... -with-pafc
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:07 am

Not to be outdone, the Adelaide Crows have announced a sponsorship deal with the re-developers of the Buffalo at Wrigley Reserve.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 1225 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:13 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Not to be outdone, the Adelaide Crows have announced a sponsorship deal with the re-developers of the Buffalo at Wrigley Reserve.

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:13 am

My dick is bigger than yours
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:32 am

Booney wrote:
Port Adelaide, as the oldest football club in South Australian senior football, will provide a vessel to achieve this by bringing DCNS and Australia’s native game together.

This will be done by DCNS becoming a joint major partner of the club’s heritage brand – the Magpies – in the SANFL competition; its logo appearing on the front bib of the famous prison bar jumper during 2017.

what?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MW » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:36 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Not to be outdone, the Adelaide Crows have announced a sponsorship deal with the re-developers of the Buffalo at Wrigley Reserve.

Been there, done that over 2 weeks ago

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-03-22/crows-partner-with-dcns
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2639 times
Been liked: 1868 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yep I think he is easily Ports best defender these days.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2238 times
Been liked: 2533 times

Postby stan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:01 pm

DCNS getting around like the town bicycle.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:09 am

Collingwood franked Sydney's form Friday night, while Port made it an inside game they were well in it, once Adelaide broke that open it was all over.

Port defence is a worry, not sure Clurey is up to it and they have invested heavily into him.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:17 am

Dutchy wrote:Collingwood franked Sydney's form Friday night, while Port made it an inside game they were well in it, once Adelaide broke that open it was all over.

Port defence is a worry, not sure Clurey is up to it and they have invested heavily into him.

I think you're being tough on Clurey if you're only judging him on Saturday night's effort ( and you didn't see the Sydney game ). Port's backs kept Lynch and Betts relatively quiet, with the amount of F50 entries they generate someone had to fire in the F50 for them and it was Walker.
One of Walker's goals ( 3rd quarter Northern end ) was when Clurey got held up manning a mark and Walker got free, Walker's last was one you could give him 5 more shots today and he might make 1 of them.

Clurey is regularly top 5 in our 3k trials, he's got some game, he'll be capable.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL