GRAND FINAL- WEST COAST V HAWTHORN

Talk on the national game

Re: GRAND FINAL- WEST COAST V HAWTHORN

Postby bennymacca » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:41 am

You guys love copying Titus oreilly articles without proper attribution :)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby JK » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:43 am

bennymacca wrote:You guys love copying Titus oreilly articles without proper attribution :)

Received via email that neglected said proper attribution. Thank God there's always a smart c*** on here to work it out for us. :D
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bennymacca » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:51 am

JK wrote:
bennymacca wrote:You guys love copying Titus oreilly articles without proper attribution :)

Received via email that neglected said proper attribution. Thank God there's always a smart c*** on here to work it out for us. :D

you're welcome :D
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Dog_ger2 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:14 pm

That's a huge rant Booney, my good friend... Alistair is something special. Hawks by 56 points.
Dog_ger2
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:31 pm

RB wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:The grand final should never move

Why do you think Vic should have a monopoly over it, WUB?

The MCG is the home of football and always will be. The interstate clubs knew the rules when they joined the comp.
The only thing id change would be having the interstate clubs play a minimum of 3-4 games on it during the year, pretty poor how some only play there once a year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3559 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:11 pm

Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:

The MCG is the home of football and always will be. The interstate clubs knew the rules when they joined the comp.
The only thing id change would be having the interstate clubs play a minimum of 3-4 games on it during the year, pretty poor how some only play there once a year

I hear what you're saying, Jim.
But the day will come - and it will happen - that the grand final will be on a rotational basis. Country footy does it with great success (providing parking, amenities, etc are suitable) and dare I say it, the NFL get it right by sharing the Super Bowl around.
It's no longer the VFL with intruders, it's a nationwide comp. for now, the MCG is the best and most suitable place. But just for now.
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:18 pm

kneedeepinthehoopla wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:

I hear what you're saying, Jim.
But the day will come - and it will happen - that the grand final will be on a rotational basis. Country footy does it with great success (providing parking, amenities, etc are suitable) and dare I say it, the NFL get it right by sharing the Super Bowl around.
It's no longer the VFL with intruders, it's a nationwide comp. for now, the MCG is the best and most suitable place. But just for now.

Wont happen in my lifetime.
Still contracted until 2037 and there are already plans to stretch this out.
Its a national competition in name only, the balance of power will always be with the Victorian clubs
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3559 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:23 pm

If would only happen if there was another 100k stadium around, which there isn't
bennymacca
Coach

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:32 pm

bennymacca wrote:If would only happen if there was another 100k stadium around, which there isn't

Correct. My point is that one day there will be at least one more and the MCG will be in a round with other venues.
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:34 pm

Does that make it right, Jim?
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Postby westozfalcon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:31 pm

Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:

In the case of the West Coast Eagles, that was the VFL.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby westozfalcon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:39 pm

Scott Selwood is the Eagle's Emergency which all but confirms he's played his last game for the club.

Two years ago he'd have been the first player picked.

He'll be joining his brother at Geelong next season.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:43 am

Hawthorn this year at times have been unpredictable. When on they are easily the best side in the comp, when off they look ordinary. This year for the first time in a while they looked ordinary in a final so I think personally it can repeat as they haven't shown consistency this year at all. Their class gets them to this position and still are a bloody good chance today.

I think personally WCE can do a number on Hawthorn however and can win comfortably if they get the jump on a warm, sunny day. I've put $20 on WCE 40-59 @ $17.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:04 am

Strange feeling today, I want the Hawks to win but if WCE get up and Bunga lifts the cup its not a bad 2nd prize. Not 100% confident but suspect we might get up by about 12 goal. There has been nothing to suggest in the lead up that that will be the case. I just have a feeling we will bring our very best and if thats the case it will get ugly for WCE.
Too many question marks over alot of the WCE team in big games, that may change after today. Suspect Josh Hill might be the new Leon Davis.
Have a had a bit on Frawley, Smith and Lewis for Norm.
Good luck to Bunga.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:42 am

daysofourlives wrote:Strange feeling today, I want the Hawks to win but if WCE get up and Bunga lifts the cup its not a bad 2nd prize. Not 100% confident but suspect we might get up by about 12 goal. There has been nothing to suggest in the lead up that that will be the case. I just have a feeling we will bring our very best and if thats the case it will get ugly for WCE.
Too many question marks over alot of the WCE team in big games, that may change after today. Suspect Josh Hill might be the new Leon Davis.
Good luck to Bunga.

I don't see a blowout coming. This will be closer to the 2012 Granny than the past two I reckon. The reason for that is the coaching. West Coast are one of the few teams that is both well drilled and armed with a game plan that has proven to nullify Hawthorn's 'pinpoint' type of short kicking game. The majority of modern AFL coaches these days guard space and the Hawks chop that shit up. Teams who attempt to pressure the man with the football and the man about to take possession of the football fare better than the Lyons and Scotts who guard space time after time and lose time after time.

When Geelong had that run of wins against you blokes it was due to man on man pressure, having a decent tagger and a decent Ruck. West Coast have ticks in all three areas though they don't appear to put as much onus on tagging as Geelong did when Ling was playing for us. Hawthorn's game plan is very good though so even when it is nullified to some extent the Hawks can still win ( like the Collingwwod game this year).

12 goals? 12 points will be closer to the mark.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:50 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Strange feeling today, I want the Hawks to win but if WCE get up and Bunga lifts the cup its not a bad 2nd prize. Not 100% confident but suspect we might get up by about 12 goal. There has been nothing to suggest in the lead up that that will be the case. I just have a feeling we will bring our very best and if thats the case it will get ugly for WCE.
Good luck to Bunga.

I don't see a blowout coming. This will be closer to the 2012 Granny than the past two I reckon. The reason for that is the coaching. West Coast are one of the few teams that is both well drilled and armed with a game plan that has proven to nullify Hawthorn's 'pinpoint' type of short kicking game. The majority of modern AFL coaches these days guard space and the Hawks chop that shit up. Teams who attempt to pressure the man with the football and the man about to take possession of the football fare better than the Lyons and Scotts who guard space time after time and lose time after time.

When Geelong had that run of wins against you blokes it was due to man on man pressure, having a decent tagger and a decent Ruck. West Coast have ticks in all three areas though they don't appear to put as much onus on tagging as Geelong did when Ling was playing for us. Hawthorn's game plan is very good though so even when it is nullified to some extent the Hawks can still win ( like the Collingwwod game this year).

12 goals? 12 points will be closer to the mark.

regards,

REB

As i said no reason for tipping that margin other than the occasion being too much for WCE. Not too many come from outside the 8 to win a flag the next year, most teams have to do an apprenticeship
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Spargo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:36 pm

Any of you blokes at the G today?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5527 times
Been liked: 5160 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:46 pm

The Eagles don't guard space? They are the best at it!

That is what their whole game plan is built around REB!
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Dog_ger2 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:55 pm

Two birds fighting today.

Good luck to both.

I will miss Footy...
Dog_ger2
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:08 pm

Eagles 1 -2
Hawkers 2-0

Eagles player was selfish and didn't give the handball for certain goal and hawks immediately goal.

Selfishness doesn't win flags and Hawks will now win
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11915 times
Been liked: 3628 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL