Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:05 pm

bennymacca wrote:and yeah it isnt a pushover draw like the last 4 weeks, but it will be a good test of where the crows are at, if we dont win 3 or 4 we probably dont deserve to make the eight. or at least it will mean we will have to take a major scalp or two in the run home

I suppose the up-side for the Crows is the way their draw has been, they are able to build up into the season - a month of soft games, a month of reasonable games before playing a month against genuine threats.. by the time they get through the 2nd block of games, they should be up and about, at full strength and playing with more belief and confidence.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:14 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
bennymacca wrote:and yeah it isnt a pushover draw like the last 4 weeks, but it will be a good test of where the crows are at, if we dont win 3 or 4 we probably dont deserve to make the eight. or at least it will mean we will have to take a major scalp or two in the run home

I suppose the up-side for the Crows is the way their draw has been, they are able to build up into the season - a month of soft games, a month of reasonable games before playing a month against genuine threats.. by the time they get through the 2nd block of games, they should be up and about, at full strength and playing with more belief and confidence.

the first 3 games were tough, but we have battled through them as well as you could do without winning one i think - no rumblings like richmond or carlton at least anyway.

just had a very quick look at the rest of the season, and counting 50-50 games as half a win that would get us to 12, so that would be right on the cusp of a finals berth. Of course that is subjective and could change a lot, but we will be around the mark if we play well i think

Melb H - W
Coll H - 50/50
Carlton A - W
GC H - W
Freo A - L
NM H - 50/50
Essendon A - 50/50
Port H - L
GWS A - W
Hawthorn H - L
Coll A - L
WC H - W
Bris A - W
Rich H - W
NM A - L
StK H - W
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:32 pm

I reckon you'll fall just short. You need two of those so called fifty fiftys and I reckon Collingwood and North might have you covered. But that depends on which North terms up. Someone like the Gold Coast with an even softer draw could deny you.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby gossipgirl » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:46 pm

I think the crows will need to play a lot better than they did on the weekend. At times on saturday they looked terrible and we were very lucky to win. That 1st quarter was shocking
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1435 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:I reckon you'll fall just short. You need two of those so called fifty fiftys and I reckon Collingwood and North might have you covered. But that depends on which North terms up. Someone like the Gold Coast with an even softer draw could deny you.

regards,

REB

gossipgirl wrote:I think the crows will need to play a lot better than they did on the weekend. At times on saturday they looked terrible and we were very lucky to win. That 1st quarter was shocking

agree with both of these. i think we will need to take a big scalp to make the finals. Freo away might be ripe for the picking, and the return showdown may shape as a season defining game
bennymacca
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:45 pm

gossipgirl wrote:I think the crows will need to play a lot better than they did on the weekend. At times on saturday they looked terrible and we were very lucky to win. That 1st quarter was shocking

And the last. Dogs hit the post twice and macrae gifted eddie the sealer... crows were very lucky the doggies couldnt finish well enough

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:52 pm

story of the crows season so far really. look scary good in patches but just havent put it together for four quarters. only really the st kilda game. even against GWS we were slow out of the blocks.

against the better teams you cant do that, as geelong sydney and port showed.

it does seem to be coming together though
bennymacca
Coach

Postby gossipgirl » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:53 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:

And the last. Dogs hit the post twice and macrae gifted eddie the sealer... crows were very lucky the doggies couldnt finish well enough

yes very true bulldogs quite unlucky and could have been furtehr in front at quarter time as well
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1435 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby the joker » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:04 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:

also the crows couldn't put them away in the third qtr. so you could say the crows were unlucky as well
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby JK » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:09 pm

bennymacca wrote:story of the crows season so far really. look scary good in patches but just havent put it together for four quarters. only really the st kilda game. even against GWS we were slow out of the blocks.

Scary good is a bit of an embellishment I'd say .. They have certainly shown in patches they can be decent, but I think they'll need a lot of improvement.

Who knows, a good run with injury and keeping a settled group with the returns of Walker, Crouch and Henderson and you might really ramp it up .. Next to impossible to see you reaching the heights of 4 or 5 other teams though.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:24 pm

the joker wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:

also the crows couldn't put them away in the third qtr. so you could say the crows were unlucky as well

Of course :roll:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5542 times
Been liked: 5172 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:10 am

JK wrote:
bennymacca wrote:story of the crows season so far really. look scary good in patches but just havent put it together for four quarters. only really the st kilda game. even against GWS we were slow out of the blocks.

Scary good is a bit of an embellishment I'd say .. They have certainly shown in patches they can be decent, but I think they'll need a lot of improvement.

Who knows, a good run with injury and keeping a settled group with the returns of Walker, Crouch and Henderson and you might really ramp it up .. Next to impossible to see you reaching the heights of 4 or 5 other teams though.

very small patches :D

like the patches where dangerfield or sloane have the ball :D
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Go Sharks » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:26 pm

Showing some good signs in the last few weeks and the season looks to be getting back on track. Cant have the wharfies dominating the local footy scene
Go Sharks
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu May 01, 2014 11:38 am

Interesting selection coming up for AFC.

Does Tex play AFL or SANFL? If AFL, who misses?
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu May 01, 2014 12:08 pm

Footy Smart wrote:Interesting selection coming up for AFC.

Does Tex play AFL or SANFL? If AFL, who misses?

I think keep him in the SANFL bit longer, let him builld up his match fitness, bring him back after the bye.. while the Crows have games they should be able to win easily I dont see the value in rushing him straight back in, you have the luxury of easing him back
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu May 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Plus all the ads on Channel 7 about the game v Pt Adel this week keep talking about how Walker is back playing for the Crows v Port :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 01, 2014 12:14 pm

We play Melbourne this week then have the bye. They should definitely hold off playing tex, give him 2 more weeks in the sanfl, he should be cherry ripe then.

The great form of Jenkins and pods, and the fact it's only Melbourne helps too.

If we were playing collingwood this week I think he would play
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Thu May 01, 2014 12:35 pm

on the flip side, would it be better for him to have a run at AFL level before hitting a side like Collingwood? I would say yes, his conditioning looks good, he has played a game and performed ok and he has waited 12 months. If its going to go, it will go no matter the level of game.

I know lynch played well last week and is improtant to the side, but does Sando give him the vest again and plan to sub Tex?
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 01, 2014 12:59 pm

I think lynch plays regardless. His linkup work on the weekend was awesome. Reckon pods is the man to miss. Or could they play all 4 in the same side? Possible but I doubt it
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Thu May 01, 2014 1:27 pm

bennymacca wrote:I think lynch plays regardless. His linkup work on the weekend was awesome. Reckon pods is the man to miss. Or could they play all 4 in the same side? Possible but I doubt it

If they were going to try 4 talls, this weekend would be it. In saying that, we arent a shoe in with our form being far from good enough.
Footy Smart
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL