Best Supporter Group to hang sh&t on

Talk on the national game

Re: Best Supporter Group to hang sh&t on

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Zartan wrote:Crows supporters top 3 comments (also was my grandpa's only "expert comments" he ever threw out watching his beloved Cows):

"Aww just kick the ball long!"
"Dont piss fart around with handballs, just kick the bloody thing!"
"Baaaaaaaaaaallllll!!!!"

:D

JUST KICK IT. MAN UP. BALLLLLLL

I said to a mate last friday - i wonder how long it will take for the old farts to realise that nobody "mans up" anymore and it is all about zones etc. reckon it will take years
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby morell » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:57 pm

I always love when there is a really good switch on and they go to use it.

"ohhh this bloody chippy sideways rubbish"

Can always tell the people that have never played a game in their life and think it's the theatre.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby MW » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:02 pm

morell wrote:I always love when there is a really good switch on and they go to use it.

"ohhh this bloody chippy sideways rubbish"

Can always tell the people that have never played a game in their life and think it's the theatre.

Or those who have not played prior to the year 2000
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Crows are the worst supporters I have had to put up with. I used to get real shirty back in the early days but now I just shake my head and have a bit of a giggle. Every club has them but Crows supporters stand out the most to me. A lot of them are shocking at turning on their own players too which I really dislike. I remember one day at AAMI Stadium, the Cats were around 5 goal up all day and the Cows came from nowhere in the last qtr and got up. The supporters next to us in the members were a disgrace during the whole game abusing the players and it was cringeworthy. As soon as they hit the front with a few minutes to go, they were back rooting them again. Then the siren went and the cockheads gave it to me and the missus and we'd said **** all the whole game. I hate any supporter who turns on their own team and Crows supporters are number 1 when it comes to that.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 894 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:27 pm

personally i think its just there is a bigger percentage of crows supporters in this state so its noticed more.

but i too hate when supporters turn on their own team. and there are plenty of crows fans that do it.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Bum Crack wrote:A lot of them are shocking at turning on their own players too which I really dislike.

I went to a Crows v Suns clash a couple years ago, one of the Crows was running down the wing, taking bounces.. the supporters were cheering excitedly, willing him on.. then a Suns player ran him down and he was done holding the ball.

Literally in the same breath they turned..

"Go! Go! Yes! ..... Awww kick the bloody thing FFS!!!" :lol:

My two mates who go for the Crows couldn't contain their laughter either it. I enjoyed it lol.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby morell » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:42 pm

bennymacca wrote:personally i think its just there is a bigger percentage of crows supporters in this state so its noticed more.

but i too hate when supporters turn on their own team. and there are plenty of crows fans that do it.

There would also be a larger proportion of Crows fans that didn't grow up with the sport and/or never went to the SANFL.
morell
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:43 pm

morell wrote:
bennymacca wrote:personally i think its just there is a bigger percentage of crows supporters in this state so its noticed more.

There would also be a larger proportion of Crows fans that didn't grow up with the sport and/or never went to the SANFL.

potentially true

that doesnt make them lesser supporters though. although some supporters might leave the game, crows fans are as loyal as they come with regards to actually turning up week in week out
bennymacca
Coach

Postby morell » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:49 pm

No not at all.

I absolutely don't buy into the pissing contests supporter groups have about who is more hardcore.

Crows fans travel well, get into the game and are as loyal and die hard as any.
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:52 pm

bennymacca wrote:
morell wrote:

potentially true

that doesnt make them lesser supporters though. although some supporters might leave the game, crows fans are as loyal as they come with regards to actually turning up week in week out

What would there be, 2-300,000 or more Crows "fans" in Adelaide? Not hard to get 45,000 of them to the game is it?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:54 pm

I've found a new admiration for Crows fans since I've been working at Adelaide Oval, they really are lovely people to serve and I constantly say to people I can't believe the amount of elderly, frail and disabled supporters they have that go week in week out. I'm too lazy to go 10 minutes to see my sides these days. IMHO West Coast fans are the worst at Subi but whatever they do works on the umps.
Geelong is like another world (not Geelong supporters in general) , I usually only go watch the Cats in Melbourne, they're harmless enough but it must be a very shallow gene pool in Sleepy Hollow.

And FFS, If I had a dollar for every time I had to change Feeling to Geelong on my phone manually I'd be a millionaire! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Wedgie wrote:I've found a new admiration for Crows fans since I've been working at Adelaide Oval, they really are lovely people to serve and I constantly say to people I can't believe the amount of elderly, frail and disabled supporters they have that go week in week out. I'm too lazy to go 10 minutes to see my sides these days. IMHO West Coast fans are the worst at Subi but whatever they do works on the umps.
Geelong is like another world (not Geelong supporters in general) , I usually only go watch the Cats in Melbourne, they're harmless enough but it must be a very shallow gene pool in Sleepy Hollow.

And FFS, If I had a dollar for every time I had to change Feeling to Geelong on my phone manually I'd be a millionaire! :lol:

Could be worse if it was the other way round, "I love Geelong boobs".
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Booney wrote:What would there be, 2-300,000 or more Crows "fans" in Adelaide? Not hard to get 45,000 of them to the game is it?

dont think that has anything to do with it. plenty of melbourne teams with much larger supporter bases who never go to the "lesser" games. crows would be right up there in terms of full season memberships i would guess.

Wedgie wrote:And FFS, If I had a dollar for every time I had to change Feeling to Geelong on my phone manually I'd be a millionaire!

haha. set up an autocorrect for "feeling" and then you only have to change it in the reverse instances
bennymacca
Coach

Postby JK » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Always felt that one difference between Port and Crows supporters on match day, is the noise they generate when their team is behind. Always seemed to me that Port fans really try to urge their side along, whereas Crows fans groan or go quieter.

Not trying to have a swipe at Crows fans, that's just been my experience.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:49 pm

JK wrote:Always felt that one difference between Port and Crows supporters on match day, is the noise they generate when their team is behind. Always seemed to me that Port fans really try to urge their side along, whereas Crows fans groan or go quieter.

Not trying to have a swipe at Crows fans, that's just been my experience.

It's not just a feeling mate, it's a reality.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:52 pm

I lived at Prospect for 2 years and the only time I heard the crowd from AO was a Thursday night Port game v Hawthorn, the sound was massive.
Mind you Port were about ten goals up.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby HH3 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:54 pm

I follow a lot of overseas sport. Moreso than AFL these days. Its really shown me that AFL supporters in general will very quickly turn on their own players.

My NFL team made the worst signing in history last year, and the fanbase were pissed. But during the season they rooted for him to succeed.

Now hes been traded and the fanbase is ecstatic hes gone. But they really did stick by him when he was wearing our jersey.

Ive also realised that a lot of AFL supporters are front runners and only ever hear from them when their teams doing well.

In other sports, fans from teams who havent had a good season in 15 years are still very vocal and talk about their teams all the time.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby MW » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:01 pm

One things for sure, Port supporters tend to care more what others are doing than what themselves are doing.
I've never known a supporter base to whinge and moan about another team as much as they do.
Classic younger sibling syndrome.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:18 pm

MW wrote:One things for sure, Port supporters tend to care more what others are doing than what themselves are doing.
I've never known a supporter base to whinge and moan about another team as much as they do.
Classic younger sibling syndrome.

It's the end result of spending so many decades looking down on everyone else. We're just wanting to make sure everyone else is ok, too.

We're inclusive, but not to the point of claiming we're the team for everyone.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Booney wrote:It's the end result of spending so many decades looking down on everyone else.

That's irrelevant to 90% of AFL supporters.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5528 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL