2016 NAB..

Talk on the national game

Re: 2016 NAB..

Postby Brodlach » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:05 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Interesting results today, Dee's beat Port who had a stronger side than last week and Richmond beating the Hawks. Goes to show these games really mean nothing

According to a lot of fans on social media the amount of rotations :lol:
Nothing to do with the fact they were kept goalless for a quarter

Hope they use that excuse alllllll year ;)

Didn't see much but the crowd wasn't too big either
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Q. » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:54 pm

Brodlach wrote:Interesting results today, Dee's beat Port who had a stronger side than last week and Richmond beating the Hawks. Goes to show these games really mean nothing

Too many puzzle pieces missing for the Power
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:58 pm

Port named as visiting team on scoreboard hehe
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby RustyCage » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Was the same at Norwood Oval last year too.

Those grounds have always been enemy territory, I'm happy for it to stay that way!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Booney » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:41 pm

Brodlach wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:How many did port have out today?

Carlise, Dixon, White and Wingard I think

Carlile isn't 100% and played in the SANFL trial.

Wingard was a late out with a tight hamstring.

White played one his uninspiring games with just 6 touches.

Dixon obviously missed.

In all Gawn smashed Lobbe in the ruck, we got smashed after half time and looked flat. As noted Melbourne had over 130 rotations Port had under 90 on Elizabeth Oval in 25 degrees. Most of our better players played their first game of the year.

Either way we got smashed around the ball after half time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby carey » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:50 pm

NAB challenge means Sweet FA.

Melbourne simply wanted to win this game far more than port did simple as that. Port seriously lacked effort after half time it was almost cue in the rack at half time. With this being said I was actually quite impressed with Melbourne I thought they were very good. Gawn was awesome smashed Lobbe, Viney is an animal and Vanderburg also very good.

Whilst I've said the whole time these games mean sweet FA I can't help but be a little concerned that were 4 1/4's away from round 1 and we were smashed in key stats but more so effort.

O'Shea and Butcher should be magpies all year.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby valleys07 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:42 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

According to a lot of fans on social media the amount of rotations :lol:
Nothing to do with the fact they were kept goalless for a quarter

Please. In the first half the ruck situation wasn't a problem because even though we were losing the battle our mids were fresh enough to negate any influence that might have had. But as the game wore on and Roos kept mashing the interchange button on his NAB Challenge arcade game, fatigue started to become a factor - if you assume most rotations are used on the 6 players that play in the midfield, that's 8 extra rotations per player during the game. 8 rotations on an average of 2 min rest per player = almost a quarter (16 minutes) on the bench. Now, if you played 3/4 of a game, you'd be able to press up and run on top of the ground too.

Not saying that was the defining factor in the game, we were smashed in a few key areas which I will touch on in my review- but to insinuate that the interchange discrepancy didn't play some part in the 2nd half is lunacy.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:23 pm

Just LOL at Carlton, 10 goals down against a rag tag bunch of ring ins
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Some good signs from the kids today but must be hugely concerning for Carlton to be beaten by 10 goals against us
Jim05
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:15 pm

With the team the Crows have in they should get flogged.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:27 pm

Surprised that Freo only won by 2 points, the Crows ended up having 11 more scoring shots
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Jim05 wrote:Just LOL at Carlton, 10 goals down against a rag tag bunch of ring ins

Yea hugely strange to see 18,000 people at princess park a major occassion for club members and theres our top 10 players in the sidelines spectating. Could the players hav been rested for a lesser occassion

The bombers have got a lot to prove there attitudes would be nearing them to be playing the best they could possibly play i think they will look super hot in the first few rounds, but fizzle out very quickly

Obviously carltons new recruits are all rookie teenagers and essendons new recruits are all hardened afl troopers of many years. Although about 6 of essendon top up players didnt play either
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Turbo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:29 pm

Jim05 wrote:Just LOL at Carlton, 10 goals down against a rag tag bunch of ring ins

NAB challenge
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:33 pm

Turbo wrote:

NAB challenge

That it may be but we are going to finish bottom this year and Carlton won't be far from us.
Today showed that there isn't a lot of hope for either club this year and for the next few years
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:51 am

marbles wrote:

Yea hugely strange to see 18,000 people at princess park a major occassion for club members and theres our top 10 players in the sidelines spectating. Could the players hav been rested for a lesser occassion

The bombers have got a lot to prove there attitudes would be nearing them to be playing the best they could possibly play i think they will look super hot in the first few rounds, but fizzle out very quickly

Obviously carltons new recruits are all rookie teenagers and essendons new recruits are all hardened afl troopers of many years. Although about 6 of essendon top up players didnt play either

18,000 people at a trial game. Guess they figured if they wanted to see a win this year....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:05 am

Booney wrote:
marbles wrote:

18,000 people at a trial game. Guess they figured if they wanted to see a win this year....

Suburban footy - people love it still. Plus Princes Park is a fantastic ground to watch the footy at.
In hindsight, the AFL may have been better off upgrading Princes Pk to a boutique 25-30k capacity oval which could cater lower supporter base Melbourne clubs such as Western Bulldogs, Melbourne & North for when they play Freo, Port, GWS etc - instead of playing at Etihad/MCG where it looks like a crowd of 300 is there.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5548 times
Been liked: 5175 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby marbles » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:37 am

Booney wrote:
marbles wrote:

Just like the however many thousand at the port power internal trial game alberton oval a fews weeks back

Bet it was a big night at the club with the boys getting up for a great win

18000 shows how much people wanna see football at princess park. If youve ever been there to watch a game youd understand
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:02 am

Been there a few times. It is a pretty good venue, had an interesting chat with John Elliott on the way out of there one day. :lol: Not sure who'd downed more, me on the lager or him on the red. Was a good tussle. ;)

Would I go to watch Carlton V Essendon '16 style? Not if you paid me.

Good one about the internal trail mate, cut deep. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:33 am

Has been and always will be a shithole. Yes the atmosphere is good but there is bugger all parking, transport there is crap and the facilities are third world standard. Had a few mates that went yesterday and couldn't get out of the dump fast enough. Yes on a dry, warmish day you might get that bit of nostalgia but come back to me in the middle of winter and tell me how good it is. Don't ever see the day when games for points will be played there again
Jim05
Coach

Postby Turbo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:49 am

Jim05 wrote:Has been and always will be a shithole. Yes the atmosphere is good but there is bugger all parking, transport there is crap and the facilities are third world standard. Had a few mates that went yesterday and couldn't get out of the dump fast enough. Yes on a dry, warmish day you might get that bit of nostalgia but come back to me in the middle of winter and tell me how good it is. Don't ever see the day when games for points will be played there again

Great place with plenty of history but I'm biased. Should be upgraded as the third Melbourne oval for smaller crowd games. Great atmosphere but would've been better yesterday if the blues played more of the senior players for a more competitive result. One good thing out of the game is that Weitering will be a star
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL