Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:40 pm

Ted E Bear wrote:When the crows are 5-3 in 5 weeks time this will all be a distant past memory and we will be talking home finals

Do you even lift bro???

The Crows quite simply are not good enough to finish in the top 6 after being 0-3.

They won't win there next 5 games. You simply can't be serious. They can't play 4 quarters and they have no consistency. I watched there reserves today get smashed and only Porps looked like he should be promoted and he got hurt.

Still your probably right consecutive home losses of 55 and 70 suggests they are just about to put the comp on notice :roll:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby Tassie Blues » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:03 am

Ted E Bear wrote:
Tassie Blues wrote:Sportsbet have Saints at $2.20 to beat the crows that's easy money if ever I have seen it.

$7.50 for Melbourne next week also looks free money on what I saw tonight

Down to $4.75 already
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Ted E Bear » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:14 am

I think M Crouch should stay in the side, looks a likely type
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:16 am

carey wrote:
Ted E Bear wrote:When the crows are 5-3 in 5 weeks time this will all be a distant past memory and we will be talking home finals

Crows home final! Can I please have a kilo of what ever your smoking mate?

Who works in kilos? :shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7525 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:45 am

Ted E Bear wrote:I think M Crouch should stay in the side, looks a likely type

agree. ready made replacement for scott thompson.

we still lack some outside run in the midfield though, if dangerfield is well held we struggle in that department. mackay should be that guy but just doesnt get enough of the ball. smith looking really good off half back, but our midfield just needs someone that has that outside polish to hit targets. polec would have been awesome haha.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Ted E Bear » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Is Grigg not up to midfield standard yet? Just think he is wasted up forward
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Ted E Bear wrote:Is Grigg not up to midfield standard yet? Just think he is wasted up forward

Fair question. Looks composed every time he gets the ball. Possible that he doesn't have a big enough tank to be in there all the time. Maybe another pre season or two
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby cracka » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:24 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I must be going nuts, swear i said something about loving every single injury the Cows get, must be some precious mods/crows fans.

The wheels on the bus go toot toot!!

Nah those trolling posts are still there. You do so many you've just forgotton where they are.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:40 pm

cracka wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I must be going nuts, swear i said something about loving every single injury the Cows get, must be some precious mods/crows fans.

Nah those trolling posts are still there. You do so many you've just forgotton where they are.

Not trolling polly, i genuinely love every single injury a crows listed player gets.
Add Thompson and Porp's to the list this week, any I have missed?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2430 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby cracka » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:47 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
cracka wrote:

Not trolling polly, i genuinely love every single injury a crows listed player gets.

It's definitely trolling crap soapie. You of all people should be thankful for the crows & other interstate sides. If it wasn't for them you would be supporting Melbourne, or were you going to be the Hawthorn Demons.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:16 pm

cracka wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
cracka wrote:

It's definitely trolling crap soapie. You of all people should be thankful for the crows & other interstate sides. If it wasn't for them you would be supporting Melbourne, or were you going to be the Hawthorn Demons.

Crap, when Hawthorn were on the bones of their arse, the club and supporters rallied and raised the money to fend of first the merger and then slash their debts. To the best of my knowledge they never received a cent from the AFL like these basket case clubs do these days
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3566 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Crows gone 2014. Sack coach at the end of the year.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Ron Burgundy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:24 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
cracka wrote:

How good was it when Peter Crimmins got injured. How exciting was that!! :oops:

EDIT: Don't actually believe this, just highlighting the ridiculousness of that statement...
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby cracka » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:34 pm

To the best of your knowledge Jim Essendon still haven't done anything wrong either. Weren't the licence fees the new clubs had to pay distributed between Melbourne based clubs. Also the extra income since it became the AFL has helped.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:47 pm

cracka wrote:To the best of your knowledge Jim Essendon still haven't done anything wrong either. Weren't the licence fees the new clubs had to pay distributed between Melbourne based clubs. Also the extra income since it became the AFL has helped.

Ive admitted we have done things wrong at Essendon several times, just not to the extent the media has blown it out too. Ive also said we should cop our fair whack if found guilty. The Hawks merger thing wasnt until the late 90's long after the Crows and Eagles had entered. For memory Don Scott organised a rally with Dermie and the money was raised from corporates, Gutnick put millions of his own money into Melbourne. Dont think the Vic clubs got anything from the licences, just sitting in the AFL kitty
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3566 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby cracka » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Jim05 wrote:
cracka wrote:To the best of your knowledge Jim Essendon still haven't done anything wrong either. Weren't the licence fees the new clubs had to pay distributed between Melbourne based clubs. Also the extra income since it became the AFL has helped.

Ive admitted we have done things wrong at Essendon several times, just not to the extent the media has blown it out too. Ive also said we should cop our fair whack if found guilty. The Hawks merger thing wasnt until the late 90's long after the Crows and Eagles had entered. For memory Don Scott organised a rally with Dermie and the money was raised from corporates, Gutnick put millions of his own money into Melbourne. Dont think the Vic clubs got anything from the licences, just sitting in the AFL kitty

You've also said in the past the VFL was a basket case & had to expand to survive so in fact its the fault of all original VFL sides that the expansion teams exist & now why the crows & power have reserves side in the SANFL.
I thought the Hawthorn/Melbourne almost merge was before Freo & Port.
Who can forget Don Scott's chest beating & tearing a half Hawthorn/half Melbourne jumper to shreds.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Fricky » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:37 pm

cracka wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

You've also said in the past the VFL was a basket case & had to expand to survive so in fact its the fault of all original VFL sides that the expansion teams exist & now why the crows & power have reserves side in the SANFL.
I thought the Hawthorn/Melbourne almost merge was before Freo & Port.
Who can forget Don Scott's chest beating & tearing a half Hawthorn/half Melbourne jumper to shreds.

The merger was debated in 1996 - Freo's 1st year of AFL footy and a year before the Power came in and the Bears/Lions merger happened.

It surprises me that Hawthorn since that debate have won 2 flags, been in a losing GF and have become a powerhouse on and off the field. While Melbourne, although making the '99 GF, have pretty much been a basket case on and off the field for the last 20 off years
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Ted E Bear » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Jenkins or Johnson. Who should crows play and why?
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Ted E Bear wrote:Jenkins or Johnson. Who should crows play and why?

Jenkins. Because you know he puts in more 2nd efforts than Johnson.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Ted E Bear » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Johnson uses the ball a lot better and is more versatile
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

PreviousNext