Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 3835 times

Re: North Melbourne 2016

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:28 am

Spargo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:So it's now Harvey, Petrie, Firrito, Dal Santo, Ray and Nahas gone.

Wells on the look for a better deal.

Who are the replacements?

Wood, Wagner, Dumont, Clarke, Daw, Clarke, Garner, Turner, Durdin

Add Vickers-Willis & Hibberd to that list.

How many of these guys are ready to step up and contribute next year. Probably Daw and wood.

Compare them to say Sydney and even hawthorn who have blooded youngsters whilst still holding onto their old guys.

North look destined for a big fall next year
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:52 am

Dumont played last week, Clarke has played also (1st year player), Garner and Turner will be in our best 22 but have been injured.

Also forgotten big man Aaron Black, not sure what will happen to him.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:52 am

Dutchy wrote:Its not a disaster by any stretch.

The handling of the 4 players exits has been an unmitigated disaster. You cannot dispute that, can you?

On top of that 9-0 then go 3-11. How can it be anything but?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7639 times
Been liked: 11104 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:55 am

Booney wrote:

The handling of the 4 players exits has been an unmitigated disaster. You cannot dispute that, can you?

OK so you are Brad Scott, 4 weeks ago you sit down and admit its time to change (even admit that maybe should have moved some on last year). You have made the decision and informed the players who wanted to know where they stood. What would you do that Scott didn't?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby stan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:56 am

Dutchy wrote:Dumont played last week, Clarke has played also (1st year player), Garner and Turner will be in our best 22 but have been injured.

Also forgotten big man Aaron Black, not sure what will happen to him.

Wood, Durmot and Clarke look good. Havent seen enough of the others.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Are we discussing what could/should have been done or what the outcome has been?

I'm saying the outcome has been a disaster, couldn't have gone any worse and to think you won't slide next year would be blind faith at best.

What could have been done? Could have moved Petrie and Firrito on last year ( "They were in our best 22 at the end of the year - The team that lost 9 of 12 that is ), could have kept Harvey on for one more year. Moving on Petrie and Firrito last year would have been the hard, brave decision. Keeping Harvey for one more would have been hard, but probably the right one, if the other two had gone last year.

The players you have spoken of to come in, I'll take your word for it with their ability, can't say I've seen much of them.

Granted, all wonderful with hindsight but I'd suggest you get used to defending your clubs decisions when people use hindsight to attack it. It took me a while, but you'll get used to it. ;) :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

OK so you are Brad Scott, 4 weeks ago you sit down and admit its time to change (even admit that maybe should have moved some on last year). You have made the decision and informed the players who wanted to know where they stood. What would you do that Scott didn't?

I would have done everything to hold it in house until after the finals had finished. The attempt to show them some respect with a farewell game was really a farewell to your season.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:16 pm

That wouldn't have worked, I have never said we wouldn't slide next year, I have said we won't bottom out.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:20 pm

I'm a little surprised at how accepting you guys are of the mediocrity in the last half of the year. You were all up and about mid year but don't seem to be that disappointed about what has happened
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:26 pm

Booney wrote:And, because I hate letting things go.

Round 8

Spargo wrote:We won't be tanking for second spot ;)

:lol:

Why not, seems good timing. :lol:

( Sorry Spargo )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:28 pm

bennymacca wrote:I'm a little surprised at how accepting you guys are of the mediocrity in the last half of the year. You were all up and about mid year but don't seem to be that disappointed about what has happened

Perhaps those watching closely could see it coming?

Adelaide in round 1 and the Dogs in round 6 in a rotten affair ( 9.7 - 6.9 under the roof ) the only wins over top 8 sides.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:31 pm

bennymacca wrote:I'm a little surprised at how accepting you guys are of the mediocrity in the last half of the year. You were all up and about mid year but don't seem to be that disappointed about what has happened

I suspect our pre-season was all about a better start to the year (as the previous 2 years were slow starts but then firing at years end) for whatever reason we hit a brick wall in the second half of the season (injuries didn't help) but this exposed the fact that we need to bring through the kids...in the previous 2 years we had an excellent run with injuries.

Im glad a disappointing year is still a year where we made finals, for Richmond and others that would be the highlight!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Dutchy wrote:

I suspect our pre-season was all about a better start to the year (as the previous 2 years were slow starts but then firing at years end) for whatever reason we hit a brick wall in the second half of the season (injuries didn't help) but this exposed the fact that we need to bring through the kids...in the previous 2 years we had an excellent run with injuries.

Im glad a disappointing year is still a year where we made finals, for Richmond and others that would be the highlight!

Can't blame injuries mate, you had the bulk of your keys on the park.

Who was cut down by injury bar Higgins and Waite?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:42 pm

Booney wrote:

Perhaps those watching closely could see it coming?

Adelaide in round 1 and the Dogs in round 6 in a rotten affair ( 9.7 - 6.9 under the roof ) the only wins over top 8 sides.

If you go back to page 1 I simply asked the question and was laughed at
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Surely your expectations can be updated after a 9-0 start. And that finishing 8th and getting smashed in a final isn't good enough from that position.

I'm shitty enough the crows lost one game to let their top 4 chances slip let alone 8 of their last 11
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:48 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
cracka wrote:Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Isn't it.

People still can't tell me how the Roos could have handled these exits better THIS year.

If you have any doubts have a look at Boomers interview on the footy show last night, Boomer asked for honesty and he got it, sometimes that hurts, that's footy, that's life....

Tough when every man and his dog kicks your club for making shit decisions, isn't it?

As I and REB noted, tough calls last year would have avoided disaster this year.

People have told Dutchy how they could have handled these exits better THIS year but like some at North, he has chosen not to listen because we know that Dutchy isn't silly and that he does possess the power of understanding. And cracka, it isn't hindsight that is wonderful, it is foresight. The Roos have shown none. All that had to do is look at Geelong's approach of phasing out of older players to avoid what could be a real cropper for the Roos next season.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1728 times
Been liked: 1837 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Spargo wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
MW wrote:So Farren Ray chooses retirement yet Harvey and Dal Santo are delisted...what does that tell you about this club...

Tells me that they think they're not ready to retire.

Exactly - and Ray was.
But it was a good try MW :lol:

You can never blame any player for not wanting to retire IMO.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1728 times
Been liked: 1837 times

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:56 am

Brad Scott on Talking Footy last night said he'd have told Harvey of his future but would have handled the delivery of the news to the members differently and probably focussed on the finals before making the announcement. I'll fine a grab of it and post later. He admitted it wasn't handled well.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:19 am

Booney wrote:Brad Scott on Talking Footy last night said he'd have told Harvey of his future but would have handled the delivery of the news to the members differently and probably focussed on the finals before making the announcement. I'll fine a grab of it and post later. He admitted it wasn't handled well.

You are wrong Boon. It was handled perfectly. Clearly the North posters on here have explained that to you ;)
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL