Crows 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2016

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:22 pm

Ease up spargo! Been a busy day :)

He's been outstanding regardless
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3035 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby MW » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:31 pm

Bloody great win last night. I've never heard the crowd so loud, esp. during the last quarter. Pressure was insane and Sydney are a very good defensive side, watching them close the space and go one on one when we got the ball they were very disciplined. Quite ironic that Sydney seem to score a lot of their goals over the back.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2637 times
Been liked: 1865 times

Postby Gozu » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:55 pm

That was a very good win. One of the better Crows wins in awhile. I hate to say it but I expected the Swans to run over the top of us in the final quarter but we not only held our nerve but rose to the occasion. Hungry Tippo was all smiles with the Crows boys after the final siren I hate seeing that, if I were a Swans fan I'd be livid. You just lost a tough game and one bloke is having a laugh joking around with his old teammates.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm

Gozu wrote:That was a very good win. One of the better Crows wins in awhile. I hate to say it but I expected the Swans to run over the top of us in the final quarter but we not only held our nerve but rose to the occasion. Hungry Tippo was all smiles with the Crows boys after the final siren I hate seeing that, if I were a Swans fan I'd be livid. You just lost a tough game and one bloke is having a laugh joking around with his old teammates.

so how is this not "tribal nonsense" but leaving early is?

If tippett is mates with some of the players surely he is allowed to go and have a chat with them. You cant say he didnt have a crack for them, i thought he was good
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MW » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Tippett dominated Sauce in the ruck...just ragdolled him all night.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2637 times
Been liked: 1865 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:27 pm

Gozu wrote:That was a very good win. One of the better Crows wins in awhile. I hate to say it but I expected the Swans to run over the top of us in the final quarter but we not only held our nerve but rose to the occasion. Hungry Tippo was all smiles with the Crows boys after the final siren I hate seeing that, if I were a Swans fan I'd be livid. You just lost a tough game and one bloke is having a laugh joking around with his old teammates.

I was quite confident we'd run all over them because they had at least 10 players getting calf rubs at three quarter and we only had 2.

Did anyone else realise that Dan Hannenbry shouldn't have taken that free kick after sloaney was caught holding the ball in the pocket. The other bloke laid majority of the tackle.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:28 pm

MW wrote:Tippett dominated Sauce in the ruck...just ragdolled him all night.

I thought that as well.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Gozu » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:39 pm

bennymacca wrote:

If tippett is mates with some of the players surely he is allowed to go and have a chat with them. You cant say he didnt have a crack for them, i thought he was good

By all means catch up with them after the game for a drink or whatever. I know these days it would be more difficult whisked away on to the team bus then hotel then airport but laughing and joking around with them 10 seconds after the game has ended? Not a good look IMO and yes Tippett was good never meant otherwise it wasn't as much a dig at him but just in general. It happens in other sports too.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby gossipgirl » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:13 pm

bennymacca wrote:

But that's not tippets style .......... Wouldn't he just have messaged them :D :D :D Did he even play ????? :lol: :lol:
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1434 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby stan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:16 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

But that's not tippets style .......... Wouldn't he just have messaged them :D :D :D Did he even play ????? [emoji38] :lol:

And then finished it "with love"
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:05 pm

I couldn't care less if Tippett was chatting to some of his mates. Considering he did the majority of the ruck work for us due to Sinclair being out, I thought he was good...

Also saw some classy crow supporters throw beer on some of the swans players as they walked off the ground last night...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Spargo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:26 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:I couldn't care less if Tippett was chatting to some of his mates. Considering he did the majority of the ruck work for us due to Sinclair being out, I thought he was good...

Also saw some classy crow supporters throw beer on some of the swans players as they walked off the ground last night...

That should get some media exposure
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5535 times
Been liked: 5166 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby heater31 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:32 pm

Spargo wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I couldn't care less if Tippett was chatting to some of his mates. Considering he did the majority of the ruck work for us due to Sinclair being out, I thought he was good...

Surely you jest ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:41 pm

heater31 wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Surely you jest ;)

Shouldn't make the news, just a shit thing to do
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:08 pm

[quote="woodublieve12"]I couldn't care less if Tippett was chatting to some of his mates. Considering he did the majority of the ruck work for us due to Sinclair being out, I thought he was good...

It's called earning your pay check.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby carey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:56 am

The thing I take out of the Sydney game is, The Crows are a far better side than I gave them credit for.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Corona Man » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:05 am

carey wrote:The thing I take out of the Sydney game is, The Crows are a far better side than I gave them credit for.

I agree with you Carey.... A few injuries to key personnel (like any side) will bring them back a notch or so.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1281 times
Been liked: 3494 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:30 am

carey wrote:The thing I take out of the Sydney game is, The Crows are a far better side than I gave them credit for.

You've gone soft :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:41 am

Brodlach wrote:

Mate they were impressive against the Swans. I go to round 1 in Melbourne every year as I just love the footy, Round 1 in Melbourne you can smell it in the air and I watched the Crows first hand against the Roos, A game they defiantly should've won. The pressure and endeavor shown was awesome You need no skill level at all to put pressure on the opponent and have a red hot crack I just wasn't sure how long it would last.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:48 am

Brodlach wrote:

A bit like his team...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5535 times
Been liked: 5166 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL