Geelong 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Geelong 2017

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:15 pm

While I agree with other posters comments on Chris Scott's coaching ability, he does have the highest winning % of home and away matches, and, overall matches of current coaches.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 660 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:While I agree with other posters comments on Chris Scott's coaching ability, he does have the highest winning % of home and away matches, and, overall matches of current coaches.

Cmon show us the stats
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1452 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:02 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:While I agree with other posters comments on Chris Scott's coaching ability, he does have the highest winning % of home and away matches, and, overall matches of current coaches.

I'm guessing Longmire wouldn't be far away???

he did inherit a fairly useful squad......I think REB could've done just as good a job... :D
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12330 times
Been liked: 3925 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:11 pm

gossipgirl wrote:

Cmon show us the stats

Don Pyke is next....
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/coaches/coaches_idx.html
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

he did inherit a fairly useful squad......I think REB could've done just as good a job... :D
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 660 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:27 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Yes and no, people expected us to drop big time after 2010 after the way we lost the Prelim and lost the only player who played well in that Prelim.
Very impressive effort getting the 2011 flag and took some bloody good coaching in the GF to do it. I thought we were gone when Pods went down.
As I was there that day and its the only live GF win I've seen he can have the job for as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned. ;)
Armchair expert wrote:Such a great club are Geelong
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:49 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:

Cmon show us the stats

Don Pyke is next....
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/coaches/coaches_idx.html

The defence rests.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 1257 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:34 am

It's like adopting a 24 year old Asian kid and taking credit for their doctors degree.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4367 times
Been liked: 8082 times

Postby stan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

It's like adopting a 24 year old Asian kid and taking credit for their doctors degree.

Thats well an interesting comparison but I see your point.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:58 am

So many times in my era a coach at Geelong has stepped into a dream role, I used to barrack for them and they haven't really lulled for too long since 88.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4367 times
Been liked: 8082 times

Postby Feenix » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:34 pm

I just wonder what the Cats could have done over the last few seasons if we had a coach that had a decent gameplan and could also adapt to the game's situation. Scott seems to go in with a gameplan and if it doesnt work he just persists with it even if its not working.

The Cats have traded pretty heavily over the last couple of years which has deprived of us of future picks add to that we have a lot of experience retire or be moved on. There is currently a lack of depth in the club and it will be harder to uncover talent in the future with a lack of picks. The time for a premiership is now and I dont believe Scott has what it takes to deliver that. I was really hoping we would have some new blood coming in. I just hope Scott can prove us wrong but i doubt it.
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Feenix wrote:I just wonder what the Cats could have done over the last few seasons if we had a coach that had a decent gameplan and could also adapt to the game's situation. Scott seems to go in with a gameplan and if it doesnt work he just persists with it even if its not working.

The Cats have traded pretty heavily over the last couple of years which has deprived of us of future picks add to that we have a lot of experience retire or be moved on. There is currently a lack of depth in the club and it will be harder to uncover talent in the future with a lack of picks. The time for a premiership is now and I dont believe Scott has what it takes to deliver that. I was really hoping we would have some new blood coming in. I just hope Scott can prove us wrong but i doubt it.

don't say that shit too loud around the place, you will get hounded.

I 100% agree with that.

we have a situation of
game plan A

when that fails - refer to plan A

when that fails refer to plan A

do that over and over

until a light bulb moment

when its all falling apart lets put Harry Taylor up forward......(I don't mind that, its just the lack of anything else that infuriates me).

When Bomber Thompson took over, we had a gameplan, that he persisted with and almost led to his demise. But it was an attacking style, and Ive always believed I would rather my team lose in a shootout than play like a Ross Lyon coached team. Admittedly over those years we recruited brilliantly to match that plan.

it appears that we have recruited for a Premiership last year and this, and after that???? The one positive is that we have never bottomed out, but I can see that coming on the horizon.

I'm really not sure we are capable of that, we have a lack of depth, our 2nd tier players just aren't as good/effective as the ones we had when we were a dominant force.

anyway, we will absolutely flog the Dockers, the rabble that they are and the useless coach they have, and most of this will be forgotten about for another week or so....
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Other than Dangerfield the other players bought in have been OK players at other teams. How do Cats fans see the future with the young high pick kids coming through?

In saying that they have offloaded some ordinary players too like Smedts and Kersten
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4310 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Not sure why Scott has come out and criticised Bartels handling of the contract negotiations last year...how is that going to help? Strange.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:20 pm

MW wrote:Not sure why Scott has come out and criticised Bartels handling of the contract negotiations last year...how is that going to help? Strange.

He was asked a question in an interview and replied that both parties could have perhaps done things better, its not like he held a press conference to bag Bartel. Its strange that he answered a question honestly? Maybe to someone who is used to the Crows spin but not the rest of us. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Guthrie out with a calf.
Lang to replace him
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:Not sure why Scott has come out and criticised Bartels handling of the contract negotiations last year...how is that going to help? Strange.

He was asked a question in an interview and replied that both parties could have perhaps done things better, its not like he held a press conference to bag Bartel. Its strange that he answered a question honestly? Maybe to someone who is used to the Crows spin but not the rest of us. ;)

Ah yes, it all revolves around what the Crows are doing :lol:
Nothing to gain by having a crack at one of your all time greats when he has already retired is my point.
MW
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:01 pm

MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Nothing to gain by having a crack at one of your all time greats when he has already retired is my point.

Hardly a crack and he just answered a question.
I'd rather someone tell the truth when asked a question than lie or not make a comment.
My reference to the Crows is apt as they would do the opposite and lie, you prefer that obviously, I don't.
How dare someone answer a question truthfully.
Surely there's more interesting things this week to be worried about?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:02 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Guthrie out with a calf.
Lang to replace him

Big out, wouldn't surprise me if this game went either way.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Hardly a crack and he just answered a question.
I'd rather someone tell the truth when asked a question than lie or not make a comment.
My reference to the Crows is apt as they would do the opposite and lie, you prefer that obviously, I don't.
How dare someone answer a question truthfully.
Surely there's more interesting things this week to be worried about?

Thought this was a forum to discuss footy stuff. It was related to Geelong hence posting it here. Point taken and I won't discuss Geelong matters anymore.
MW
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:30 pm

MW wrote:Thought this was a forum to discuss footy stuff. It was related to Geelong hence posting it here. Point taken and I won't discuss Geelong matters anymore.

I agree it is and I was discussing it with you, not sure why you wouldn't post about Geelong anymore because someone wants to discuss a point with you on a footy forum. I could have just done what the mental midgets do and call you a troll but didn't and was quite happy discussing it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL