West Coast Eagles Season 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: West Coast Eagles Season 2015

Postby helicopterking » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:40 am

MJ_23 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Another week and an ever increasing injury list.
Selwood out will hurt us, looks like a similar injury to the one he suffered last year.
Butler aswell.
Scholfield in, but will be underdone.
Will be good to see Duggan go around this week. Looks like he has a touch of class about him.

Not overly confident in tonight's game. Carltons Mids will rip us apart and I'm predicting between Judd,Gibbs and Murphy they will kick 6-8 goals between them.

Schofield only got through a half last week in the WAFL so interesting to see how he goes, Selwood had little to no impact last week so not a huge loss but interested in his injury, same ankle? Came in under done again?

Bennell for Butler is an upgrade and should have been playing round 1.

Excited to see Duggan.

I think you under-estimate Selwood, layed 12 tackles last week, and is the only mid that attempts to run back to help our defence. Lacks polish, but is our only defensive mid.
Why Bennell doesn't get lots of it and isn't the greatest defender, he uses the ball well and provides some run.

Don't under estimate Scooter at all just think he was under done, and was shown out in second half.

Good win tonight, Plenty of great contributors but how good was JK against his old club!!

When we don't kick it it on his head, he is very hard to beat. We were very good defensively tonight after 1/4 time, we didn't let the ball out once it was in our half, and we tackled really well.
Plenty of contributors tonight, I thought Schofield was good, not against much though.
Rosa on Judd was an excellent move.
Liked Dom Sheeds game, and Tunbridge did some really good team things before being injured.
Still Nic Nat, no marks,against basically ruck bags.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby MJ_23 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:46 am

Nic Nat was superb in every other area though, Rosa was very good, Shuey was terrific and i thought Wellingham and Shep were good as well.

Loved Duggans little stint and Schofield surprised me.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:24 pm

Josh Kennedy to have Elbow surgery and could be out for the year
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11912 times
Been liked: 3627 times

Postby helicopterking » Wed May 06, 2015 1:46 pm

Unbelievable. Officially the unluckiest squad.
Throw the season, play everyone left on list, hopefully uncover some trade potential and get a better draft pick. Trade and try get either H.Bennell, J.Martin, S.Coniglio and Brandon Matera.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby MJ_23 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:38 pm

Reports are now he won't be out for year and possibility off playing this week.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby MJ_23 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:38 pm

Agree on all other fronts though
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 06, 2015 9:44 pm

helicopterking wrote:Unbelievable. Officially the unluckiest squad.
Throw the season, play everyone left on list, hopefully uncover some trade potential and get a better draft pick. Trade and try get either H.Bennell, J.Martin, S.Coniglio and Brandon Matera.

Matera would be worth a bag of skittles, lazy and wouldn't know what a hard ball get is. Bennell or Conglio would definitely be a handy prospect but I think they have limited trade bait, I wouldn't like to part with any of their better players, maybe Lycett and try to coax Griffin or Hannath over from the rivals.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby stan » Wed May 06, 2015 11:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Matera would be worth a bag of skittles, lazy and wouldn't know what a hard ball get is. Bennell or Conglio would definitely be a handy prospect but I think they have limited trade bait, I wouldn't like to part with any of their better players, maybe Lycett and try to coax Griffin or Hannath over from the rivals.

Bennell definitely worth a look. Conglio is as well and probably should be more targeted but would be harder to get. Bennell is being looked at being moved on.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Wed May 06, 2015 11:01 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Josh Kennedy to have Elbow surgery and could be out for the year

Great. .......[emoji17]
stan
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Thu May 07, 2015 7:27 am

We may have trouble bringing some of these WA lads to the Eagles, with those filthy Wharfies going to have a fairly successful season and free up some serious coin with Pav, Sandilands and McPharlin all moving on. I can see them posing us some issues.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby stan » Thu May 07, 2015 9:08 am

helicopterking wrote:We may have trouble bringing some of these WA lads to the Eagles, with those filthy Wharfies going to have a fairly successful season and free up some serious coin with Pav, Sandilands and McPharlin all moving on. I can see them posing us some issues.

Yes that is an issue. They also have a better list in terms of depth and could probably offer the GWS and GC a senior player as I don't think they will be chasing more draft picks. And for that we need to hold our draft picks and attack the draft.

With the pending doom of this season coming at us now, it seems this is a very good time to get lots of game time into some of our kids. I like what I am seeing from Sheed at the moment and hope he keeps getting plenty of time out there.
stan
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Thu May 07, 2015 9:42 am

stan wrote:
helicopterking wrote:We may have trouble bringing some of these WA lads to the Eagles, with those filthy Wharfies going to have a fairly successful season and free up some serious coin with Pav, Sandilands and McPharlin all moving on. I can see them posing us some issues.

Yes that is an issue. They also have a better list in terms of depth and could probably offer the GWS and GC a senior player as I don't think they will be chasing more draft picks. And for that we need to hold our draft picks and attack the draft.

With the pending doom of this season coming at us now, it seems this is a very good time to get lots of game time into some of our kids. I like what I am seeing from Sheed at the moment and hope he keeps getting plenty of time out there.

Correct. Sheed has improved, Yeo is coming along nicely and Duggan looks to be a serious player. Once Lamb, Cavka and Tunbridge return from injury, give them as much exposure as possible, along with Waterman.. Would like to see Colledge get an extended crack at AFL level.
Would like to see Karpany and Newmann get a chance, been on the list for some time,neither no impact.. Especially considering Karpany was a reasonably high pick.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby MJ_23 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:56 pm

Massive win

Best win since Simmo came on as coach. So many positives
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby JK » Sun May 10, 2015 10:03 pm

Been some reports that Lewis Jetta is stalling on contract and is keen to head home.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby helicopterking » Sun May 10, 2015 11:32 pm

MJ_23 wrote:Massive win

Best win since Simmo came on as coach. So many positives

Fantastic Win. We play some serious footy at AO. To knock off Port at home is huge. I'm still surprised how we are winning games. Really liked Duggan,Sheed and Yeo again.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby JK » Sun May 10, 2015 11:49 pm

There were a couple of occasions today when Sinclair reminded me of a young Gardiner
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby helicopterking » Mon May 11, 2015 7:02 am

JK wrote:There were a couple of occasions today when Sinclair reminded me of a young Gardiner

He does provide something different. Played a lot further up the ground and looked uncomfortable at times and made some errors, but doesn't take a backwards step and has a real crack.
Was Wellinghams best game for the club by a mile.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby MJ_23 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:27 pm

helicopterking wrote:
JK wrote:There were a couple of occasions today when Sinclair reminded me of a young Gardiner

He does provide something different. Played a lot further up the ground and looked uncomfortable at times and made some errors, but doesn't take a backwards step and has a real crack.
Was Wellinghams best game for the club by a mile.

He was absolutely terrible in the first half. Looked completely out of his depth.

Agreed on Welly, Masten's best game for a long time too
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby helicopterking » Sun May 17, 2015 10:39 am

That 3rd quarter last night was something special. We are playing some nice footy at the moment.
Yeo is a serious player. Adds something different, both through the midfield and up forward. If he stays on the park, he could be anything. Just the rapid improvement of Sheed,Yeo,Gaff,Shepard have put us in good position for the rest of the year.
Our ball use going inside 50 has improved out of site. I believe it's the most important kick in the game and we are doing it so much better then last year.
Only concern I have are that we are getting smashed around clearances. Our backline is holding strong, and we spread well, but we can't rely on them to do that against stronger opposition.
Rosa, McGovern,Darling and Selwood all returning in at stages in the next 4-5 weeks can only be a good thing.
Get through the Saints next week, and a huge game against Geelong(h)and Nth Melb(a),Essendon(h)and Richmond(a) before we have the bye.
If we can take 4 wins out of them 5 games, 9-3, we should be playing finals from that position.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Thu May 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Sheed out with a fractured hand. Maybe a 1-2 week injury they think.
Selwood and Barrass will travel.
I'd say Selwood will be sub, considering East Perth don't play this week, so they will need get him some game time.
helicopterking
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL