Ben Cousins

Talk on the national game

Re: Ben Cousins

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:28 pm

Who really gives a **** about Cousins anymore!? :roll: He's had his time in the limelight, he is a nobody these days, I wouldnt lose sleep if the spastic died tomorrow :roll:

If he wants to be too stupid and selfish to wake upto himself then thats his issue, the fact it makes the news sickens me
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Ben Cousins

Postby kaxxp » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:22 am

As stupid and troubled as Ben has being, really this??

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Who really gives a **** about Cousins anymore!? :roll: .... I wouldnt lose sleep if the spastic died tomorrow :roll:

Somewhat similar comments were made by UK lad when Muamba form Bolton collapsed on pitch & heart stopped last week. Kid said on twitter
'LOL,**** Muamba. He's dead!!! #Haha'
Kid is now in jail for 56 days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

Sorry for going OT.
kaxxp
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby smac » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:47 am

Way to skim the truth!

Charged with a racism offence, not a bad taste offence.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:33 am

Punk Rooster wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:It's no joke mate. My Uncle was on smack. He's clean now but once you're hooked on the shit it lurks beneath the waves like a razor sharp reef for the rest of your days. He'll never be as 'high' again and the depression involved with kicking the habit also takes its toll. Smack (and anything you are physically addicted to) takes over your life and even if you stop taking it once hooked it continues to rule over you. IMO Cousins didn't take drugs because of a tough upbringing, but because he has a strong sense of entitlement. Like Gary Ablett, Wayne Carey and Shane Warne not enough people in charge had the balls to say 'no' to him. 'Invincible' Ben thought he could rock and roll all night and party every day but it doesn't matter who you are....the shit catches up with you.

regards,

REB

^written by someone with some real-life experience.

overloaded wrote:what a load of carp.

Its all in the mind.
Everyone gets a choice in life. What do you choose?

end of story

^no comment.

Well said REB, as you've pointed out, this issue is a lot more complex than what ignorant people would have you believe.

Punky and REB use some common sense.

overloaded proves common sense aint so common.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:10 am

He got charged with posession, doesnt mean he is still using. Could be that he is a low life dealer.
Throw the book at him and lock him up, give him plenty of time on the inside to write his autobiography
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3563 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby overloaded » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:36 am

poor booney :roll:
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby cennals05 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:56 am

booney wrote:

Punky and REB use some common sense.

Maybe if Cousins had a nice rack, overloaded would have a different opinion of him.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby goraw » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:57 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Freo HeaveHo wrote:I really struggle to understand what addiction is. I pose this question. How many people do you know to have tried drugs? Whether a once off. Rarely use on social events. Eg festivals, big occasions. Call me stupid but to me drug addiction is a cop out. To me it is thrown around to make excuses for the weak minded. I can see why someone with a terrible upbringing, no job and no one to turn to may look to alcohol and drugs to try to ease there pain. But seriously ben cousins has had the life most people would kill for and has no one to blame for the position he is in other than himself

It's no joke mate. My Uncle was on smack. He's clean now but once you're hooked on the shit it lurks beneath the waves like a razor sharp reef for the rest of your days. He'll never be as 'high' again and the depression involved with kicking the habit also takes its toll. Smack (and anything you are physically addicted to) takes over your life and even if you stop taking it once hooked it continues to rule over you. IMO Cousins didn't take drugs because of a tough upbringing, but because he has a strong sense of entitlement. Like Gary Ablett, Wayne Carey and Shane Warne not enough people in charge had the balls to say 'no' to him. 'Invincible' Ben thought he could rock and roll all night and party every day but it doesn't matter who you are....the shit catches up with you.

regards,

REB

my son , who was brought up by his mum is addicted to that meth crap. he is 17. she started letting me see him when he was 12. (actually he just ran away and came to my house).he was addicted then. absolutely heart breaking.i didnt know until a year ago, he hid it from me, wouldnt come around whilst on it.his mum has a *friend* and i use that term very loosely, who uses that garbage and my son hung around him and became addicted through him. i have had him off the stuff for for 2 months, by having him live with me. he continually said :dad ive never felt better, i have money and assets now. ill never go back to that life etc..then all of a sudden he packed up and moved out. i found out where he was through one of his good friends, went to where he was and yep he was doped up . the place was like a morgue.4 people spaced out like retards.the single hardest moment of my life. i threw him over my shoulder and took him to the car. he started swinging at me ranting all sorts off bullshit like these people know what is good for me, u dont know what its like dad.

i threatened these assholes, but that had a negative effect, because my son still believes that they are his friends.i hardly see him now unless he wants something. not for trying but he doesnt want anything to do with me if i cant accept him doing what his doing.from time to time he will message me, often saying he cant help it and every morning he wakes up, his looking for his next fix .wednesday,whilst picking up my daughter from work, he was crossing the road, with these feral bastards, i said yo son, he was so wasted he could hardly walk.looked at me and looked away.feels like everything i try doing is fruitless, and cannot break that bond between him and that terrible drug.
goraw
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby cennals05 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:03 am

goraw wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Freo HeaveHo wrote:I really struggle to understand what addiction is. I pose this question. How many people do you know to have tried drugs? Whether a once off. Rarely use on social events. Eg festivals, big occasions. Call me stupid but to me drug addiction is a cop out. To me it is thrown around to make excuses for the weak minded. I can see why someone with a terrible upbringing, no job and no one to turn to may look to alcohol and drugs to try to ease there pain. But seriously ben cousins has had the life most people would kill for and has no one to blame for the position he is in other than himself

It's no joke mate. My Uncle was on smack. He's clean now but once you're hooked on the shit it lurks beneath the waves like a razor sharp reef for the rest of your days. He'll never be as 'high' again and the depression involved with kicking the habit also takes its toll. Smack (and anything you are physically addicted to) takes over your life and even if you stop taking it once hooked it continues to rule over you. IMO Cousins didn't take drugs because of a tough upbringing, but because he has a strong sense of entitlement. Like Gary Ablett, Wayne Carey and Shane Warne not enough people in charge had the balls to say 'no' to him. 'Invincible' Ben thought he could rock and roll all night and party every day but it doesn't matter who you are....the shit catches up with you.

regards,

REB

my son , who was brought up by his mum is addicted to that meth crap. he is 17. she started letting me see him when he was 12. (actually he just ran away and came to my house).he was addicted then. absolutely heart breaking.i didnt know until a year ago, he hid it from me, wouldnt come around whilst on it.his mum has a *friend* and i use that term very loosely, who uses that garbage and my son hung around him and became addicted through him. i have had him off the stuff for for 2 months, by having him live with me. he continually said :dad ive never felt better, i have money and assets now. ill never go back to that life etc..then all of a sudden he packed up and moved out. i found out where he was through one of his good friends, went to where he was and yep he was doped up . the place was like a morgue.4 people spaced out like retards.the single hardest moment of my life. i threw him over my shoulder and took him to the car. he started swinging at me ranting all sorts off bullshit like these people know what is good for me, u dont know what its like dad.

i threatened these assholes, but that had a negative effect, because my son still believes that they are his friends.i hardly see him now unless he wants something. not for trying but he doesnt want anything to do with me if i cant accept him doing what his doing.from time to time he will message me, often saying he cant help it and every morning he wakes up, his looking for his next fix .wednesday,whilst picking up my daughter from work, he was crossing the road, with these feral bastards, i said yo son, he was so wasted he could hardly walk.looked at me and looked away.feels like everything i try doing is fruitless, and cannot break that bond between him and that terrible drug.

Thank you for sharing your story. I hope your son beats his addiction.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Postby overloaded » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:05 am

what a sad story. good luck in the future. he had a choice and you should feel proud for offering him a choice. Be there for him when he matures.

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:07 am

kaxxp wrote:As stupid and troubled as Ben has being, really this??

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Who really gives a **** about Cousins anymore!? :roll: .... I wouldnt lose sleep if the spastic died tomorrow :roll:

Somewhat similar comments were made by UK lad when Muamba form Bolton collapsed on pitch & heart stopped last week. Kid said on twitter
'LOL,**** Muamba. He's dead!!! #Haha'
Kid is now in jail for 56 days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

Sorry for going OT.

WOW! Jail time for a comment!? :shock: No was bit uncalled for, dont ever wish anything bad on anyone or wish anyone to die etc, im just sick of this muppet who continually thinks he can do what he likes and the media eat it up!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:12 am

cennals05 wrote:
booney wrote:Punky and REB use some common sense.

Maybe if Cousins had a nice rack, overloaded would have a different opinion of him.

Doesn't even need to be a nice one. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby Barto » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:00 am

Jim05 wrote:He got charged with posession, doesnt mean he is still using. Could be that he is a low life dealer.
Throw the book at him and lock him up, give him plenty of time on the inside to write his autobiography

No, he's still using. Probably about time the bloke was left alone to either deal with his demons or let the demons deal with him.

Cousin's in only hurting himself and his family, yet people who dont know him are all up in arms like he's broken into their house to bash them over the head steal money for his habit.
It's all the SANFL's fault.
Barto
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 6 times

Ben Cousins

Postby White Line Fever » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Had the drugs up his bum lol
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby overloaded » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:13 pm

White Line Fever wrote:Had the drugs up his bum lol

I can feel a crack joke coming on

overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:24 pm

Freo HeaveHo wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

I never said it was a joke.... I just don't have sympathy for the bloke. I love hitting the booze as much as the next bloke and have dabbled in drugs admittedly on a small scale. But at the end of the day the choices we make in life are made by no one else other than yourself. It's a shame someone of his talents has been tarnished by his off field actions. I really feel for his family to be honest.

regards,

REB

Yeah I know Freo never meant to imply that you did. I don't have sympathy for Cuz either I was attempting to answer your question about addition. Attempting. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1820 times

Postby Strawb » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:32 pm

cennals05 such a sad story and it is not good to hear about your son being this way. It is not good that his mum showed him and helped him get hooked on it. But you would think him seeing the distruction that it has caused his mum and him that he wouldn't want to go near the stuff. Thank you for sharing it, I have seen what you are talking about when I worked at Cash Converters a guy and his mate would bring in stuff his mate owned so they both could get a fix.
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Gozu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:18 pm

One of my uncle's sons (my cousin) is hooked on this shit. He's a complete mess, has hocked basically everything he owns, hocks his brother's stuff who's currently living in the US and hocks other family things. My uncle has gotten a lot of his son's stuff out of hock and hides it at a relatives place so his son can't get his hands on it again.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby cennals05 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Strawb wrote:cennals05 such a sad story and it is not good to hear about your son being this way. It is not good that his mum showed him and helped him get hooked on it. But you would think him seeing the distruction that it has caused his mum and him that he wouldn't want to go near the stuff. Thank you for sharing it, I have seen what you are talking about when I worked at Cash Converters a guy and his mate would bring in stuff his mate owned so they both could get a fix.

It wasn't my story Strawb, it was goraws.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Postby westcoastpanther » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Why do they keep referring to him as a recovering drug addict? He's still a junkie!!
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL