Look out Blues!

Talk on the national game

Postby am Bays » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:14 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:
1980 Tassie Medalist wrote:S-D you are correct Brogans alledged response can be considered over the top but if that Tool didn't bait him in the first place the whole incident would not have occured.

Maybe if the numb-nut drank more milk his bones would not be so chalky and break easily.....

Maybe he wasn't breast fed enough as a child and his problems stem from there.

Whatever his problem it is definately a lack of Ca++ as his bones are brittle and there is obvioulsy Ca++ deficiencies in his neural synapses in brain. Definate lack of depolarisation in his neural synapses - mesages just aren't getting through or are very slow....

Apologies to any neural physiologists on this site for my flawed description of the gate channel theory in the neural synapse...

Are you drunk? :?

Nup just a failed physiologist....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 1919 times

Postby stan » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:19 pm

1980 Tassie Medalist wrote:
Punk Rooster wrote:
1980 Tassie Medalist wrote:S-D you are correct Brogans alledged response can be considered over the top but if that Tool didn't bait him in the first place the whole incident would not have occured.

Maybe if the numb-nut drank more milk his bones would not be so chalky and break easily.....

Whatever his problem it is definately a lack of Ca++ as his bones are brittle and there is obvioulsy Ca++ deficiencies in his neural synapses in brain. Definate lack of depolarisation in his neural synapses - mesages just aren't getting through or are very slow....

Apologies to any neural physiologists on this site for my flawed description of the gate channel theory in the neural synapse...

Did you fail because you were drunk?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby sydney-dog » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:23 pm

Punk Rooster

Brodie wasn't exactly being attacked either, it is alleged she bit brodie when she was on the ground with two girls on top of her

Anyway, my back hand point is this...

When I accused Brodie of poor form you made a point of not to believe all you read in the media and that everyone is entitled to a fair process.....

Haven't you already accused Brogan of poor form, trial by media and without an opportunity to defend himself.......
sydney-dog
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby am Bays » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:52 pm

stan wrote:
1980 Tassie Medalist wrote:
Punk Rooster wrote:

Did you fail because you were drunk?

WTF!! Why are you plonka's having a crack at me when all I'm trying to do is come for a rational explanation for why some numb-nut decided to try and prove that he is a hero???

Look it has been a p!ss poor weekend since about 4:50 pm on Saturday.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby Punk Rooster » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:53 pm

sydney-dog wrote:Punk Rooster

Brodie wasn't exactly being attacked either, it is alleged she bit brodie when she was on the ground with two girls on top of her

Anyway, my back hand point is this...

When I accused Brodie of poor form you made a point of not to believe all you read in the media and that everyone is entitled to a fair process.....

Haven't you already accused Brogan of poor form, trial by media and without an opportunity to defend himself.......
My original point was actually about the Centrals footballer, Matt Slade, nothing to do with Brodie...
I guess the 2 mediums portray things differently,
Also, I would be more "forgiving" if Brogan had acted in self defence, which by current accounts, he did not.
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby sydney-dog » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:02 pm

Punk Rooster

I appreciate that we all have differing opinion on what is reasonable force and what is not, I am happy for both incidents to go through the legal process and let this process administer the correct and fair outcomes....

Personally I am disapointed in both blokes, Dean just has to be more thicked skin and walk away, Brodie, well lets just say I agree with the magistrate's summary which describes his defence and his portrial as a victim as laughable
sydney-dog
League - Top 5

Postby Punk Rooster » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:11 pm

Tassie, as long as that avatar is up (which can be changed), & your love for the Glenelg FC (which is less likely to change), you will be 1st in line for grief. :wink:

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Postby am Bays » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:24 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:Tassie, as long as that avatar is up (which can be changed), & your love for the Glenelg FC (which is less likely to change), you will be 1st in line for grief. :wink:

Ah my suspicions have been confirmed...... :wink:

A little tip, my love for the Glenelg Footy Club will never dwindle.....
am Bays
Coach

Postby dinglinga » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:08 am

what else was said by this so-called crows supporter... i dont think one comment would upset a player.....

could be worse u could always u could be heckled by a coach and run in front of a train ***OOPS***

we all here have heckled players before... maybe there was more said by this person......or is it a media beatup ....
dinglinga
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Punk Rooster » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:16 am

dinglinga wrote:what else was said by this so-called crows supporter... i dont think one comment would upset a player.....
we all here have heckled players before... maybe there was more said by this person......or is it a media beatup ....
or maybe Brogan over-reacted?

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:46 am

Really divided on this issue ... On one hand you have a bloke who's copped a bit of a hiding as a result of his actions and would hopefully learn a good lesson from it in not disrespecting others or their space without facing the potential consequences ... On the other hand, Brogan's response IMHO was unnecessary and he's broken the nose of a 19 year old kid (moron for sure, but a kid nonetheless) ... Dean's not the only player in the country who would have to tolerate unneccesary taunts, yet the majority of players seem to better manage their responses!

Due to the high profile nature of the incident, further charges/penalties from relevant authorities (Police, Power, AFL) probably need to be seen strong enough so as this type of thing doesn't become acceptable to members of the public who might be easily influenced ...
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4470 times
Been liked: 3012 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:50 am

In no way do I condone the manner in which Brogan reacted,but to trivialise this issue,you stoke the fire,you get sparks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7634 times
Been liked: 11101 times

Postby Rushby Hinds » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:08 pm

Dean Brogan is my new favourite Port player :o

Reading the Crows forum on big footy (ewwwwwwwwww........) they are pretty divided as well.

Yes what Brogan did was wrong.

But if i turned up to that bloked local when he was having a beer, and abused him, how would he retaliate?

Also a suggestion on the crows forum (from a crows person) that this bloke regularly visits the airport with a view to taunting players!

P.S. I bet he doesn't have a girlfriend either :lol:
Rushby Hinds
League - Best 21

Postby GWW » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:52 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:Really divided on this issue ... On one hand you have a bloke who's copped a bit of a hiding as a result of his actions and would hopefully learn a good lesson from it in not disrespecting others or their space without facing the potential consequences ... On the other hand, Brogan's response IMHO was unnecessary and he's broken the nose of a 19 year old kid (moron for sure, but a kid nonetheless) ... Dean's not the only player in the country who would have to tolerate unneccesary taunts, yet the majority of players seem to better manage their responses!

Due to the high profile nature of the incident, further charges/penalties from relevant authorities (Police, Power, AFL) probably need to be seen strong enough so as this type of thing doesn't become acceptable to members of the public who might be easily influenced ...

a "kid nonetheless"!! are you for real, the guy is 19!!!!!
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby JK » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:05 pm

Yeah sorry mate, he's a pensioner then ... 19 is still pretty young in my book!
JK
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:11 pm

Borat wrote:
Also a suggestion on the crows forum (from a crows person) that this bloke regularly visits the airport with a view to taunting players!

This guy is clearly an idiot. Yeah he probably got something that was coming to him for a while. But what Brogan did was wrong and we all can see that. And should be delt with as assult. No matter what happens the way things are you cant hit anyone. If you do, they'll probably take a big dive and on there way down there lawyer will ask for your car keys. And heck if your a sports star you can bet that person will be on today tonight or a current affair the next night with a neck brace on.

Also I have a question. If brogan did break his nose, then why dosent he have huge black eyes? I mean i might be blind or something but i didnt see any. Hopefully someone can help with this question.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:14 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:Yeah sorry mate, he's a pensioner then ... 19 is still pretty young in my book!

old enough to know how to act like a human........
stan
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:16 pm

stan wrote:
Constance_Perm wrote:Yeah sorry mate, he's a pensioner then ... 19 is still pretty young in my book!

Read my post Stan, I never suggested otherwise ...
JK
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:18 pm

The guy was a smart ass wanker and he got punched. Got what he deserves. I bet he'll think twice before he heckles someone next time. Enough of the politically correct bullshit. If it was just one member of the general public punching another member of the general public, it would just be an amusing story and no one would care.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 934 times

Postby stan » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:18 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:
stan wrote:

Read my post Stan, I never suggested otherwise ...

Yeah i know that, im just reiterating the point.
stan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL