Ben Cousins

Talk on the national game

Postby am Bays » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:31 am

From todays Age:

Good call
AND we couldn't let the week go by without registering our early nomination for the best "Cometti-ism" of the year, except this one wasn't from the great man, Dennis Cometti, himself. It comes from Jason Bennett, who told Fox Footy viewers during that Subiaco match last weekend: "Cousins runs away from Carr … he's done a bit of that lately".

In my opinion GOLD!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:33 am

Ha ha. Good one Dennis.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby duncs7 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:19 pm

1980 Tassie Medalist wrote:From todays Age:

Good call
AND we couldn't let the week go by without registering our early nomination for the best "Cometti-ism" of the year, except this one wasn't from the great man, Dennis Cometti, himself. It comes from Jason Bennett, who told Fox Footy viewers during that Subiaco match last weekend: "Cousins runs away from Carr … he's done a bit of that lately".

In my opinion GOLD!!

Thats going straight to the pool room! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Elizabeth Eagles Football Club. Est 1956
Argana Park, Elizabeth. SA
http://www.elizabethfc.net
duncs7
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Strawb » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:52 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Strawb07 wrote:Makes me glad that Cousins choose the eagles over Geelong all those years ago. New sponser of West Coast next year will be Swan Lager. I suppose he could use the excuse that we lost the Grand Final last year and was drinking to escape the nightmares.

Yeah, I'm stoked that Cousins didn't decide to play for the Cats :roll:

regards,

REB

Well football wise i wish he did but outside of football the guy seems to be a fukin great tool. But we do put so much of footballers when they **** up like the rest of us. As Charles Barkley said i am not a role model.
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:20 pm

I probably should put this in the General Discussion section but since it has already been discussed here...................

I have a real problem with Ben Cousins only getting a $900 fine and court costs for this episode. However you slice it, this ruling says, "if you've had a few too many, do a runner because if we don't catch you, you won't get as severe a penalty".
Was listening to the Policeman Paul Friend on 5AA this morning and he totally missed the point of what Pilko was saying when he put the above to him because he said "no it doesn't encourage running off because it you're caught you'll still have to face the consequences" which is all well and good but if that's the consequences, i'll run off every time.
You have to give credit to Cousins and his legal team though I guess when they came out with "Ben knew journalists would jump all over it even if he blew under the limit" which we all know is rubbish.
The only difference between this case and Quentin Lynch a couple of years ago was Lynch didn't get away.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL