Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:38 pm

MW wrote:Any thoughts on Pods named as Defensive Coach? Hate to say it, but reeks like a case of who is left to fill the role...

I hope stumps is ok with you asking people for their thoughts... :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7527 times
Been liked: 10836 times

Postby MW » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:08 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Any thoughts on Pods named as Defensive Coach? Hate to say it, but reeks like a case of who is left to fill the role...

:lol: Yeah happy for it to be discussed, just not sure the relevance if he is still doing his leadership business outside the club. Might combine the two and they can p1ss off Darren Glass?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2639 times
Been liked: 1868 times

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:10 pm

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:

:lol: Yeah happy for it to be discussed, just not sure the relevance if he is still doing his leadership business outside the club. Might combine the two and they can p1ss off Darren Glass?

Perhaps. Just interesting ( and it is ) that an AFL assistant might not be full time? ( If he is, he'll not get a lot of sleep ! )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:01 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:
Booney wrote:

I hope stumps is ok with you asking people for their thoughts... [emoji38]

[emoji38] Yeah happy for it to be discussed, just not sure the relevance if he is still doing his leadership business outside the club. Might combine the two and they can p1ss off Darren Glass?

Perhaps. Just interesting ( and it is ) that an AFL assistant might not be full time? ( If he is, he'll not get a lot of sleep ! )

Or its another adhock appointment by the Crows.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brodlach » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Or maybe he was the best man for the job 8) :shock:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:21 pm

Get a life people. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Stumps » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:17 pm

Probably shoudln't have blamed the answer without blaming the question. I am all for analysing peoples games, different players, coaching moves etc....but as for analysing who the crows choose as an assistant coach :roll: how the flying four x would any of you know what he will be like? genuine question
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby stan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Stumps wrote:Probably shoudln't have blamed the answer without blaming the question. I am all for analysing peoples games, different players, coaching moves etc....but as for analysing who the crows choose as an assistant coach :roll: how the flying four x would any of you know what he will be like? genuine question

I can't answer your question about how would know, but why debate it at all? Well its a pretty slow news day and week and month at the moment.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:40 pm

Probably the fact we all know he has a keen business interest outside of football and if an AFL club is prepared to have a line coach who isn't full time or has an obligation to an external commitment. Fair, Stumps?

Not many line coaches would do anything but that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Stumps » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:15 pm

dare say they wouldn't be short of applicants so while we are making assumptions, I am assuming that the crows
1. Don't feel they need a full timer doing the job
2. Think he will essentially be full time and juggle his careers, much like camporeale seemed to do last year
3. Think he was that much better than the other applicants it is worth dealing with his conflict in time

Which one is it? Or have I missed something

Ps. I wouldn't know
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Postby UK Fan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Stumps wrote:dare say they wouldn't be short of applicants so while we are making assumptions, I am assuming that the crows
2. Think he will essentially be full time and juggle his careers, much like camporeale seemed to do last year
3. Think he was that much better than the other applicants it is worth dealing with his conflict in time

Ps. I wouldn't know

I wouldn't make any assumptions re:applicants.

Paul Thomas was offered a gig nobody wanted.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Stumps » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:29 am

how do you know this.
You're saying Nobody wanted this development role for the crows? I reckon they would have popped a notice in the australian if they were too hard pressed :roll:
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Postby Brodlach » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:53 am

It's UK Fan, if he can type some negative trolling post about the Crows he will. Take anything he says with a pinch of salt
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Tassie Blues » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:34 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Stumps wrote:dare say they wouldn't be short of applicants so while we are making assumptions, I am assuming that the crows

Ps. I wouldn't know

I wouldn't make any assumptions re:applicants.

Paul Thomas was offered a gig nobody wanted.

Paul Thomas must have wanted it. Another loyal dogs man that wont show up to SANFL games next year.
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Magellan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:39 am

Adelaide's Kyle Cheney faces a warning from the AFL's integrity unit after the former Hawk admitted he was joking when he said the Crows had received inside information from former Bulldog Michael Talia before one of this year's elimination finals.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/anger-as-talia-case-nears-close-20151120-gl4bb0.html

Doesn't cast Cheney as a particularly bright spark IMHO. Daniel Talia wouldn't be too happy with him either.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:44 pm

Seriously, who cares? The information had no impact on the game considering the dogs butchered the first quarter and lost the game when they let the Crows kick 4 straight with their first 4 inside 50's and they couldn't kick straight through the game them selves. Even if they got the information you still need to believe it. What if the info was bogus?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby MW » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:31 am

Depends who you ask. The way Rucci talks about it in todays rag you'd think the Crows should be punished. Laughable.
MW
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:48 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Seriously, who cares? The information had no impact on the game considering the dogs butchered the first quarter and lost the game when they let the Crows kick 4 straight with their first 4 inside 50's and they couldn't kick straight through the game them selves. Even if they got the information you still need to believe it. What if the info was bogus?

Well, from my understanding of The Age article there was no information at all. So I agree LK, no harm done by either Talia brother and the Crows coaching staff.

The point is that Cheney himself has a question to answer. He appears to have inexplicably made up some nonsense and disclosed that to someone else which has cast aspersions on the integrity of a team mate and his brother/fellow footballing colleague. He may have been 'joking', but I would've thought that's not something you joke about in the current media-saturated AFL football environment.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:00 am

I'm guessing Stratton is no longer a mate of Cheneys either. Dog act (pun unintended)
MW
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:04 am

MW wrote:I'm guessing Stratton is no longer a mate of Cheneys either. Dog act (pun unintended)

Yep, I'd say they wouldn't be chums anymore (pun intended).
Magellan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL