Round 11 chit chat

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 11 chit chat

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:38 am

Booney wrote:28,567 at the G yesterday. I guess we can't call them the "Collingwood faithful" anymore?

Would have been around 4-5,000 Port fans there, the black and white army has surrendered?

Yep, they have well and truly jumped off. Got any of those black & white tarps going cheap?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:42 am

daysofourlives wrote:No I'm calling him a faggot, as in don't drop the soap in the showers in front of him. Its a wank fest of the highest order, I don't care if you plebs want to get on your high horse, there's still room for it to be called what it is

Thought I'd revisit this. Was a bit blurry late Saturday night when I read this and thought "No, he wouldn't have said that".

In the cool light of day, he did indeed say that. You, sir, are a dinosaur.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7532 times
Been liked: 10839 times

Round 11 chit chat

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:07 am

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:No I'm calling him a faggot, as in don't drop the soap in the showers in front of him. Its a wank fest of the highest order, I don't care if you plebs want to get on your high horse, there's still room for it to be called what it is

Thought I'd revisit this. Was a bit blurry late Saturday night when I read this and thought "No, he wouldn't have said that".

He has copped his whack and been given a spell
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:29 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

An extended one hopefully
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11958 times
Been liked: 3651 times

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:54 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

An extended one hopefully

3 years too late
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:24 pm

^um just coming in on this now.... has some moderation been applied here.... or am I missing something?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1285 times
Been liked: 3498 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:33 pm

Booney wrote:28,567 at the G yesterday. I guess we can't call them the "Collingwood faithful" anymore?

Would have been around 4-5,000 Port fans there, the black and white army has surrendered?

Lowest home crowd in 11 years for the Pies.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:35 pm

Booney wrote:

The Power are a very unattractive proposition.
Collingwood were averaging over 50K per game before the weekend.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby stan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:38 pm

Booney wrote:Two weeks in a row now that Port have got our transition running game going. Whilst the opposition both weeks has been questionable the amount of scores generated from deep in defence has been really pleasing. The commitment from players to create space for team mates, the skills from the back half and the movement of the forwards is just starting to take shape.

The likes of Gray, Boak and Wines are up and running through the middle, Pittard, DBJ, Hartlett and the surprising Stewart are creating run from defence. I say surprising as I've never seen him as a running backman, I always thought he showed promise as the third/fourth forward but never got the chance. He's taken a spot in the backline and made it his, clearly he was on his last chance.

O'Shea is playing a role as lock down defender which suits him more than the runner with ball in hand where decision making is, at times, deplorable, while Dixon didn't have a huge game numbers wise most observers saw the work he did in the contest in which he will always draw at least two opponents ( sometimes three ) which gives the Young, Neade, Wingard and now Impeys of the side plenty of opportunities to create score attempts.

Westhoff is enjoying the freedom of playing high half forward / midfield / everywhere man and he's taking the ball from defensive 50 as often as he is into the forward 50. Krakouer is just so reliable with ball in hand, we get it to him deep whenever possible and Sam Gray has lifted his workrate to get to more contests and play in and under.

Polec, he should be back to the SANFL for a stretch and after Saturdays performance against the Bays I'd give Ah Chee and extended opportunity at the top level while Polec thinks about how hard you need to be to play AFL football.

Good signs, really looking forward to the Doggies at home this Saturday afternoon. Can't wait! Carn the pear.

Bit harsh on Polec Boon. Thought he was actually reasonable yesterday.

I think you missed out Impey. Thought he played well for you guys. Was up the ground a bit more and the boy can play a bit. Hes got some real pace.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Probably time we can move on. It certainly has been quiet though lol
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:47 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:

Bullshit. Not nearly as unattractive as Collingwood! They are pathetic and their skipper won't want to see images of himself in the second quarter taking the easy option and looking decidedly soft. That's why Pies fans aren't going, not because of the opposition but their own team.

Their home games : Richmond - 72,000, Melbourne 47,000 - Essendon ( Anzac Day ) 85,000 - Carlton 60,000 - Geelong 59,000 - Bulldogs 45,000.

So, Richmond, Carlton and Essendon the biggest drawcards in Victoria, Geelong, Melbourne and the Doggies. Not one non-Victorian team to get a true gauge of the Pies rocking up. I'd say it's the "other" teams supporters getting them to that number. They aren't side by side anymore. If they are, there's shitloads of empty seats between them!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:56 pm

stan wrote:
Booney wrote:Two weeks in a row now that Port have got our transition running game going. Whilst the opposition both weeks has been questionable the amount of scores generated from deep in defence has been really pleasing. The commitment from players to create space for team mates, the skills from the back half and the movement of the forwards is just starting to take shape.

The likes of Gray, Boak and Wines are up and running through the middle, Pittard, DBJ, Hartlett and the surprising Stewart are creating run from defence. I say surprising as I've never seen him as a running backman, I always thought he showed promise as the third/fourth forward but never got the chance. He's taken a spot in the backline and made it his, clearly he was on his last chance.

O'Shea is playing a role as lock down defender which suits him more than the runner with ball in hand where decision making is, at times, deplorable, while Dixon didn't have a huge game numbers wise most observers saw the work he did in the contest in which he will always draw at least two opponents ( sometimes three ) which gives the Young, Neade, Wingard and now Impeys of the side plenty of opportunities to create score attempts.

Westhoff is enjoying the freedom of playing high half forward / midfield / everywhere man and he's taking the ball from defensive 50 as often as he is into the forward 50. Krakouer is just so reliable with ball in hand, we get it to him deep whenever possible and Sam Gray has lifted his workrate to get to more contests and play in and under.

Polec, he should be back to the SANFL for a stretch and after Saturdays performance against the Bays I'd give Ah Chee and extended opportunity at the top level while Polec thinks about how hard you need to be to play AFL football.

Good signs, really looking forward to the Doggies at home this Saturday afternoon. Can't wait! Carn the pear.

Bit harsh on Polec Boon. Thought he was actually reasonable yesterday.

I think you missed out Impey. Thought he played well for you guys. Was up the ground a bit more and the boy can play a bit. Hes got some real pace.

Impey was very good yes, his pace will trouble sides if they let him get away from them. Can't agree with you on Polec mate, he let several tackles go that he either needs to stick or at worst make it look like he's interested in laying it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:00 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:

Bullshit. Not nearly as unattractive as Collingwood! They are pathetic and their skipper won't want to see images of himself in the second quarter taking the easy option and looking decidedly soft. That's why Pies fans aren't going, not because of the opposition but their own team.

The numbers don't lie, Collingwood average 50K per game and have been top of the crowds list since 2005.
Collingwood averaged 61K for home games this year before the Power game.
The Power just don't excite anyone, they're not hated, they're not loved, they're not attractive, nothing, boring, just a plastic made up entity that evokes no emotions.
Even GWS are averaging 8K per away game more than the Power this year.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:04 pm

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:10 pm

Wedgie does make a point

In the AFL the Power are now just another franchise

You have a whole generation of kids from every other state who only ever ever ever know of Port Adelaide as in the power (which doesn't have a history to hate or be threatened by) and wouldn't even know the magpies exsist.

Even if they did some research and heard the Magpies had won 30 plus SANFL premierships that would mean absolutely squat as they look at the SANFL of today.

For a modern day kid Port have as much relevance to a Collingwood fan as GWS, Fremantle and the Gold Coast do.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5620 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:30 pm

It's an excellent discussion, not all that relevant to only 28,000 rolling up to watch Collingwood which was the point, but hey, nothing like heading off track! :lol:

( It's 36 premierships mate, 36 )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:35 pm

whufc wrote:Wedgie does make a point

In the AFL the Power are now just another franchise

You have a whole generation of kids from every other state who only ever ever ever know of Port Adelaide as in the power (which doesn't have a history to hate or be threatened by) and wouldn't even know the magpies exsist.

Even if they did some research and heard the Magpies had won 30 plus SANFL premierships that would mean absolutely squat as they look at the SANFL of today.

For a modern day kid Port have as much relevance to a Collingwood fan as GWS, Fremantle and the Gold Coast do.

Who are the Magpies? Didn't they fold in 97?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:35 pm

Booney wrote:It's an excellent discussion, not all that relevant to only 28,000 rolling up to watch Collingwood which was the point, but hey, nothing like heading off track! :lol:

( It's 36 premierships mate, 36 )

It's no entirely relevant but if the magpies were to split their ticketing into category A, B, C games im sure Port would be in their category C as far as attendance went and they would compare it to their crowds against GWS, Gold Coast and Freo
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5620 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:46 pm

I did some searching 4-5 weeks ago and from memory off the top of my head Collingwood home crowds in home and away "home" fixtures have dropped by around 25%. Beaten only by Carlton who have dropped by 35-40%.

Essendon considering what they have been through can really hold their heads high as they have only dropped away minimally. The Melbourne attendances took a whack last year as we all know. The crowds have increased a little this year.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Hey Boon just a quick question. Would you consider it another premiership if the Magpies win a flag in the SANFL in the future?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL