Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Adelaide 2013

Postby overloaded » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:59 am

stan wrote:
cripple wrote:Will get laughed at for this but the crows seem to be in a similar pattern to Geelong of 2004-2006. Had a good year (cats in 05) that displayed some potential but fell of the year after. Crows are the 4th or 5th youngest list in the league and the player's we will lose in the next few years such as Reilly, Johncock and Tambling will be more a positive then negative for us. Main ones we need to cover are Rutten mainly and Thompson to a lesser extent. Hopefully with the extra cash we have in the cap after the Tippett debacle the club can attract someone that will go.someway to covering our Draft penalties.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

You will find it hard to get a star or emerging star to Adelaide. I think Johncock might be on the way out but his SANFL hasnt been awful. Reilly seems to have lost it again and well Tambling.........Yeah.

I think not having a first round pick in this years draft will hurt you like us, as we traded it for Wellingham, still the draft was very good. Also this next draft again will start to leave a hole in the future. Yes Crouch is coming through and he is a ripper, but Thompson is starting to fade slowly (still goes pretty well).

IIRC, Sanderson was saying at the start of this season that Tambling was a player he was expecting big things from this year..,
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:01 pm

OL welcome back mate
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Stumps wrote:I'm with you REB about this crows v cats argument but to say mooney was at his peak when bartel was in the twos is a fallacy. He was AA in 2007 and had a good patch between 2005-2010 where he was a serviceable forward. In 2002-4 he received all 1 of his 13 brownlow votes and by 2005 bartel was somewhere between a good player and a gun. I know you are a die hard cat, but reckon your memory is inflated of moons due to the passion and effort he put in in the early 00's rather than the quality of his footy. Just an opinion Too FWIW :D

Brownlow votes?? LMAO.

regards,

REB

Mooney = Poor man's Jack Gunston
And in other news Taylor Duryea is reported to be a better player than Josh Hunt ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:33 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Stumps wrote:I'm with you REB about this crows v cats argument but to say mooney was at his peak when bartel was in the twos is a fallacy. He was AA in 2007 and had a good patch between 2005-2010 where he was a serviceable forward. In 2002-4 he received all 1 of his 13 brownlow votes and by 2005 bartel was somewhere between a good player and a gun. I know you are a die hard cat, but reckon your memory is inflated of moons due to the passion and effort he put in in the early 00's rather than the quality of his footy. Just an opinion Too FWIW :D

Brownlow votes?? LMAO.

regards,

REB

Mooney = Poor man's Jack Gunston
And in other news Taylor Duryea is reported to be a better player than Josh Hunt ;)

I bet he gets off as well. 8)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Johno6 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:55 am

G. Johncock as announced his retirement effective immediately.

seeya stiffy,
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:01 pm

The article on the AFC website says he has retired "from AFL football".

Here's hoping he plays out the season with the Magpies. [-o<
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10816 times

Postby Johno6 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:03 pm

how has he been playing in the sanfl this year?
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:22 pm

Booney wrote:The article on the AFC website says he has retired "from AFL football".

Have admired the way he has gone about his career, fantastic player and very harshly treated by the club IMO.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:23 pm

Johno6 wrote:how has he been playing in the sanfl this year?

Kicked 26/27 odd goals in 9 (?) games. Until yesterday was only 3 goals behind the leading (Wundke) goal kicker.

He kicked 7 in one and 5 in another game and hasn't really looked to be 100% fit, certainly not AFL fit. I hope he plays out the SANFL season as he will be an important part of Ports push to play finals.

He might lift now he has the burden of AFL selection/training/expectation off his back. I sure hope so.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10816 times

Postby JK » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:The article on the AFC website says he has retired "from AFL football".

Have admired the way he has gone about his career, fantastic player and very harshly treated by the club IMO.

How so?

I agree he's been a fantastic player, but there's no place for sentiment when a player is past it and it get's harder every year to keep up physically.

You would think Adelaide would do something to celebrate his career before the year is out.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby TEX07 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:12 pm

JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

How so?

I agree he's been a fantastic player, but there's no place for sentiment when a player is past it and it get's harder every year to keep up physically.

You would think Adelaide would do something to celebrate his career before the year is out.

I think by his own admission his body wasnt up to the level anymore, well this is what Sanderson had said last week anyway. I think he even said that he didnt want a farewell game either. Had a great career and I loved watching him at his best!
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:26 pm

JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

How so?

Because IMO he is still better than half the sh!t trucks the cows have running around for them.
They have a skipper who is close to the worst player in the comp, and they keep giving games to guys like Callinan, Petrenko, Jaensch who are nowhere near the players as Johncock
Jim05
Coach

Postby gossipgirl » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:02 pm

hehehe Essendon supporters commenting on the Crows especially to do with captains :roll:
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1434 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:04 pm

gossipgirl wrote:hehehe Essendon supporters commenting on the Crows especially to do with captains :roll:

All the drugs in the world couldn't make your skipper play better though and trust me its just not Essendon supporters who think your captain is crap. I reckon 90% of your own supporters reckon he is garbage :lol:
Jim05
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:06 pm

gossipgirl wrote:hehehe Essendon supporters commenting on the Crows especially to do with captains :roll:

but you captain is junk though... even without the drugs, jobe wuold still be a better player even if he had use the opposite side of his body for the rest of his career. Also i'd say he'd still be a better captain when/if he gets banned.

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby JK » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:10 pm

I don't think he is better than some of those players anymore mate, although he was MUCH better for MUCH longer, and most of those you've mentioned aren't heading toward long or distinguished careers that's for sure.

On Van Berlo, I reckon the Crows if they can't trade him (haha I lolled as I typed that) need to put him to HBF or BP, and try and get him playing the Doughty role.

They also need to get the captaincy onto Dangerfield or Sloane.

But hey, Im sure there's nothing earth shattering in those opinions :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:16 pm

He's commenting because IT IS the crows thread where we can all post, unlike the pathetic sheltered crows supporters only forum, where people can hide from criticism, debate and dare I say it - a bit of p1ss taking.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5523 times
Been liked: 5160 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby on the rails » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm

Booney wrote:

Kicked 26/27 odd goals in 9 (?) games. Until yesterday was only 3 goals behind the leading (Wundke) goal kicker.

He kicked 7 in one and 5 in another game and hasn't really looked to be 100% fit, certainly not AFL fit. I hope he plays out the SANFL season as he will be an important part of Ports push to play finals.

He might lift now he has the burden of AFL selection/training/expectation off his back. I sure hope so.

Not having a crack but Johncock from what I have seen of him this year looks like he is carrying an injury, his body is not right and therefore he is not in shape or fit and at times is looks or has been lazy. If the Crows told Reilly he need to control his weight then god knows what they told Johncock - I suspect maybe part of his "retirement" was he pushed slightly because of this? Re his burden lifting and out the AFL training regime and environment - he may become less fitter now and balloon out as his body shape is not exactly slim and athletic?
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby kickinit » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:17 pm

on the rails wrote:
Booney wrote:

Not having a crack but Johncock from what I have seen of him this year looks like he is carrying an injury, his body is not right and therefore he is not in shape or fit and at times is looks or has been lazy. If the Crows told Reilly he need to control his weight then god knows what they told Johncock - I suspect maybe part of his "retirement" was he pushed slightly because of this? Re his burden lifting and out the AFL training regime and environment - he may become less fitter now and balloon out as his body shape is not exactly slim and athletic?

He's got a back injury that he been carrying hence why he didn't play for the magpies on the weekend. I saw him before the start of the season this year and he was certainly fit.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL