Adelaide Crows 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:55 am

Booney wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:We simply cannot carry any injuries into September.. To have a decent tilt at it we have to be fully fit

the positive to be taken out of yesterday, is it showed our best is seriously unbelievable, and I reckon it is better than anyone else in the comp. Our sheer scoring power means we are always in games.. We cant have those sorts of lapses for that long though against finals quality sides

The draw means 2 wins from the remaining 4 games gets us top 2, given GWS and Geelong play each other in round 23..

Ahhhhhhh, showdown week..

Adelaide do have the best attack, but ease up on the seriously unbelievable, Collingwood have a very ordinary defensive unit.

Im not basing that on just yesterdays game Boon. We have scored over 2000 points this year, 200 more than the closest side
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:58 am

Booney wrote:Crows fans :

Milera
Cameron
Knight

Consistent enough for you or need to be sent back?

Milera - still not sold but is only young
Cameron - His best is very good, but doesnt reach that often enough. Needs to clean up his kicking. Like his ferocious attack on the ball
Knight - Worth sticking with. Will be a good role player for sure
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby morell » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:03 am

Booney wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:We simply cannot carry any injuries into September.. To have a decent tilt at it we have to be fully fit

the positive to be taken out of yesterday, is it showed our best is seriously unbelievable, and I reckon it is better than anyone else in the comp. Our sheer scoring power means we are always in games.. We cant have those sorts of lapses for that long though against finals quality sides

The draw means 2 wins from the remaining 4 games gets us top 2, given GWS and Geelong play each other in round 23..

Ahhhhhhh, showdown week..

Adelaide do have the best attack, but ease up on the seriously unbelievable, Collingwood have a very ordinary defensive unit.
Their attacking footy vs Richmond earlier in the year at home was the best I've seen since Geelong's hey day in the naughties. Their best is seriously unbelievable.

Problem is their best only happens sporadically and is reliant on a healthy midfield.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:15 am

Yep agree with the others. Milera and Cameron are exciting but don't get enough of it yet. Cameron looked like he had taken he next step earlier in the year but his form had cooled off a bit. Probably to be expected of a young player but next year is when we should really start seeing him playing consistently.

Milera is a year younger and I'm prepared to give him more time but also agree that he needs to find ways to get his hands on it and needs to step up to be a part of the midfield rotation.

I really like knight. Seems like the type of kid that will do anything you ask of him.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:20 am

Cameron and Milera are too simular to have both in the same side IMO
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:22 am

Brodlach wrote:Cameron and Milera are too simular to have both in the same side IMO

Sort of, but they're different, I think Cameron can actually play. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10874 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:38 am

Brodlach wrote:Cameron and Milera are too simular to have both in the same side IMO

They both need to become part of the midfield rotation. Having two permanent small forwards is fine but not three (ie when Betts comes back)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:40 am

bennymacca wrote:Having two permanent small forwards is fine but not three (ie when Betts comes back)
Lucky you're not a Port fan then.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:50 am

Can't believe how critical you lot are of Milera! This is a bloke who was only drafted 2yrs ago, been in the system 2 years - managed to earn a rising star nomination quite quickly and wouldn't have played 20 games yet!

How about giving him some time to develop, not everyone is a walk up starter as soon as they're drafted, and i'm sure he will become a part of their midfield rotation once he has some more pre-season's under his belt and his tank is bigger.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:52 am

Young blokes before him have set the bar high and he's not reaching anywhere near that bar yet so it's fair to be critical of him, IMO.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:00 pm

Zartan wrote:Can't believe how critical you lot are of Milera! This is a bloke who was only drafted 2yrs ago, been in the system 2 years - managed to earn a rising star nomination quite quickly and wouldn't have played 20 games yet!

How about giving him some time to develop, not everyone is a walk up starter as soon as they're drafted, and i'm sure he will become a part of their midfield rotation once he has some more pre-season's under his belt and his tank is bigger.

I was critical before he was even drafted, was I player I didnt think we need to get.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:02 pm

Bloke averages nearly 16 disposals a game @ 79.8% DE - for a high half forward, shows he's finding enough of the ball, and using it effectively.

Interestingly, everyone rates McGovern (so do i, love his marking ability), but his stats are quite similarly - only difference is he's kicked 3x more goals and averages 2 marks more a game.

Don't think Milera is or as been as bad as people suggest - few months ago Crows fans loved him.. returns from injury and has a quieter day yesterday and the knives are out.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:05 pm

I simply said I wasnt sold on him., in terms of where he fits into our side, I still hold out hope he will develop into a good player
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby MW » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:05 pm

Zartan wrote:Bloke averages nearly 16 disposals a game @ 79.8% DE - for a high half forward, shows he's finding enough of the ball, and using it effectively.

Interestingly, everyone rates McGovern (so do i, love his marking ability), but his stats are quite similarly - only difference is he's kicked 3x more goals and averages 2 marks more a game.

Don't think Milera is or as been as bad as people suggest - few months ago Crows fans loved him.. returns from injury and has a quieter day yesterday and the knives are out.

What knifes? Most people have said he is not there...yet.

We are in a position to contend for a GF...if there is a player in better form that will get us there, then so be it.

I have no doubt Wayne will be a great player, but some efforts on the w/end were not good.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2654 times
Been liked: 1882 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:08 pm

MW wrote:We are in a position to contend for a GF...if there is a player in better form that will get us there, then so be it.

And that player is probably Betts isn't it? Not sure debuting a kid like Wigg at this time of the season is necessarily the answer either?

What does the crows best 22 look like? I'm not a Cows fan so i'll admit i've got stuff all idea about them :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Zartan wrote:
MW wrote:We are in a position to contend for a GF...if there is a player in better form that will get us there, then so be it.

And that player is probably Betts isn't it? Not sure debuting a kid like Wigg at this time of the season is necessarily the answer either?

What does the crows best 22 look like? I'm not a Cows fan so i'll admit i've got stuff all idea about them :lol:

From yesterdays side, add B Crouch, Betts, Lever for Milera, Seedsman and Keath, and that would be close to our best 22 IMO
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby MW » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:15 pm

Agree.
Hartigan needs to come back in (if he can get his hammy right...tore it again on the w/end). Probably for Otten.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2654 times
Been liked: 1882 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:46 pm

Zartan wrote:Bloke averages nearly 16 disposals a game @ 79.8% DE - for a high half forward, shows he's finding enough of the ball, and using it effectively.

For the crows fans on here at least I think we all agree he will be a good player in time. But to be that good player he needs to work on a few things.

Not doom and gloom imo
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:54 pm

Top of the table game + % of course no doom and gloom, but right at the moment it highlights the depth issues as, IMO anyway, Milera simply isn't up to AFL standard.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:13 pm

Booney wrote:Top of the table game + % of course no doom and gloom, but right at the moment it highlights the depth issues as, IMO anyway, Milera simply isn't up to AFL standard.

Not having a great game on the weekend doesn't make him not up to standard
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL