Adelaide 2013

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide 2013

Postby TEX07 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Tassie Blues wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:How many games exactly did he miss because of injury or concussion last year? I don't have the 2013 season guide on hand.

missed 4 games

Seemed like more to me, there you go then.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:36 pm

6 if you include the knockout games.

Took 106 marks last year, almost half of them contested (50). Anyone who can do that is worth every penny.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby TEX07 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:36 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:6 if you include the knockout games.

Took 106 marks last year, almost half of them contested (50). Anyone who can do that is worth every penny.

If the Crows had got him to stay we would be justifying spending big on him in exactly the same way, fact is Swans had the room to get him at the price he wanted, overpaid IMO, but that's what you need to do now days. People outside footy get overpaid for jobs all the time, this is really no different. The Crows miss him big time, if he was at AFC today they would still have a chance to play finals, Walker going down was worst case scenario come true, no back up inside 50 now and it shows.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:39 am

Tassie Blues wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Anyone that thinks the Crows aren't missing Tippett is deluded.

anyone that thinks any AFL rely on 1 player is also deluded

considering Dangerfield is carrying your side at the moment, i find you comment interesting.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3064 times
Been liked: 2431 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:41 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Tassie Blues wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Anyone that thinks the Crows aren't missing Tippett is deluded.

considering Dangerfield is carrying your side at the moment atm, i find you comment interesting.

Yep, would be a lot closer to the bottom without him.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3650 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:45 am

Wonder if Dangerfield is regretting not going to Geelong now?

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:34 am

Whole article in the Advertiser about how much better Dangerfield was then Deledio? Completely different players. Both played there role perfectly.
Was Dangerfields direct opponent Dustin Martin, who kicked 4?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 683 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:26 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Wonder if Dangerfield is regretting not going to Geelong now?

I certainly regret him not going.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1727 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:29 pm

TEX07 wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Over rated whilst spending most of the year out injured? Over rated whilst almost getting the crows to a gf?

Definitely missing him, but last season he played less than a handful of good games considering the money he was on. Yep, he played a great game in the prelim and nearly helped us get into a GF, but was worse then rubbish the two finals before that game, he was that poor against Fremantle you could argue nearly also cost us a prelim shot. He was only rated so highly because of what we paid him, having said this, I would love to still have him at the Crows. Sydney are going to be tougher to beat with him there. Could he have played reserves this weekend for them to be ready for AFL next week?

This is exaclty the type of comment I was referring too. Tippett was sledged for his work rate in the Freo final but he worked tirelessly in that game. He wasn't as good as he was the next week sure but the criticism of Tippett during that final was unfounded IMO.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby TEX07 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
TEX07 wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Over rated whilst spending most of the year out injured? Over rated whilst almost getting the crows to a gf?

Definitely missing him, but last season he played less than a handful of good games considering the money he was on. Yep, he played a great game in the prelim and nearly helped us get into a GF, but was worse then rubbish the two finals before that game, he was that poor against Fremantle you could argue nearly also cost us a prelim shot. He was only rated so highly because of what we paid him, having said this, I would love to still have him at the Crows. Sydney are going to be tougher to beat with him there. Could he have played reserves this weekend for them to be ready for AFL next week?

This is exaclty the type of comment I was referring too. Tippett was sledged for his work rate in the Freo final but he worked tirelessly in that game. He wasn't as good as he was the next week sure but the criticism of Tippett during that final was unfounded IMO.

regards,

REB

Fair enough, I was at the Freo game hosting customers so I will retract, I couldnt watch as closely as I did the other two finals, was definately smelly in the Swans game though, my point was just that there are also a lot of comments on how he nearly got us into a GF, but could argue had he played better in the Sydney game for example we may have gone straight into a home prelim, the Freo game I have not ever watched again, seemed to be ordinary that night but again, I wasnt pay as close attention, in fact I was quite drunk!!!
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby TEX07 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:53 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Tassie Blues wrote:

considering Dangerfield is carrying your side at the moment, i find you comment interesting.

I would personally add Daniel Tallia to this also, has been pretty tight on good forwards so far this season. Just doesnt get a lot of footy himself which doesnt make him stand out enough.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
TEX07 wrote:

regards,

REB

Agreed, the supporters that criticised are the vocal minority with NFI about football. Tippets work rate could never be questioned IMO and I have always been critical of our ball use when going FWD. We have lacked HBFers who run and carry well and midfielders with polish to hit targets going FWD. We constantly bombed to tippet 2 on 1…. Give me a break; if that’s his fault I’ll eat my hat. He does go to ground too easy though in contests.

But let’s not forget all you crow haters were all over Tippet at one stage (over rated, cant kick etc) and now you’re on his side against the crows supporters who are saying the same thing… cmon make up your mind.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Tassie Blues » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:51 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Tassie Blues wrote:

maybe your not watching enought Adelaide games. Have you heard of Douglas and Sloane?
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:48 pm

No crow hater here fs.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:32 pm

I think half the crows problem is leadership. Take Selwood for example fantastic leader week in week out even Hodge the other night when the game was up for grabs in fact Carlton were in front up steps the skipper and the crows have Van Berlo who in my opinion isn't in your best 22 anymore.

Also your midfield is getting shown up more often than not and I put this down to Jacobs being a long way off last year. Thompson looks to me to be injured but going ok. On your midfield getting beaten more often than not that doesn't give Rielly the freedom he had last year playing loose across half back as the midfield getting beaten means more opposition inside 50's with better quality. Where he must man up which puts him back to an average footballer that he has been his whole career.

Tippets loss is the fact he always took the best defender some times 2. And it's a sad thing what happened to Walker. Facts are if it wasn't for Danger, Douglas, Sloane and probably Talia your season would be in all sorts.

And before people go on about me being a port supporter, port are coming from a far different place you guys were a kick off a grand final last year.

Just a thought do people under estimates Doughtys lose?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2804 times
Been liked: 2994 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby TEX07 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:46 pm

carey wrote:I think half the crows problem is leadership. Take Selwood for example fantastic leader week in week out even Hodge the other night when the game was up for grabs in fact Carlton were in front up steps the skipper and the crows have Van Berlo who in my opinion isn't in your best 22 anymore.

Also your midfield is getting shown up more often than not and I put this down to Jacobs being a long way off last year. Thompson looks to me to be injured but going ok. On your midfield getting beaten more often than not that doesn't give Rielly the freedom he had last year playing loose across half back as the midfield getting beaten means more opposition inside 50's with better quality. Where he must man up which puts him back to an average footballer that he has been his whole career.

Tippets loss is the fact he always took the best defender some times 2. And it's a sad thing what happened to Walker. Facts are if it wasn't for Danger, Douglas, Sloane and probably Talia your season would be in all sorts.

And before people go on about me being a port supporter, port are coming from a far different place you guys were a kick off a grand final last year.

That's a fair assessment of where we are at.

Your right Crows and Power are in two different cycles right now, you can't compare the two. To be honest Walker would have helped but would have still needed more from others. I wish Sando had put Johncock in last week, my phone went nuts at about 4:30 on saturday :evil:
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby Gozu » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:57 am

Talia called out Reily & Scott Thompson on radio for dropping off this year.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 663 times

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:52 am

TEX07 wrote:
carey wrote:I think half the crows problem is leadership. Take Selwood for example fantastic leader week in week out even Hodge the other night when the game was up for grabs in fact Carlton were in front up steps the skipper and the crows have Van Berlo who in my opinion isn't in your best 22 anymore.

That's a fair assessment of where we are at.

Your right Crows and Power are in two different cycles right now, you can't compare the two. To be honest Walker would have helped but would have still needed more from others. I wish Sando had put Johncock in last week, my phone went nuts at about 4:30 on saturday :evil:

I agree about the midfield part, I think Sloane is really the only midfielder that plays any form of defence and runs both ways equally as hard. Van Berlo does, but he is just average at best.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 683 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:49 am

Tassie Blues wrote:maybe your not watching enought Adelaide games. Have you heard of Douglas and Sloane?

:oops: my bad, a huge 3 players out of 22... :roll:
been outplayed and outcoached the past fortnight...

was last year a fluke???
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Tassie Blues » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:12 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Tassie Blues wrote:maybe your not watching enought Adelaide games. Have you heard of Douglas and Sloane?

:oops: my bad, a huge 3 players out of 22... :roll:
been outplayed and outcoached the past fortnight...

was last year a fluke???

not at all it was tippett and our soft draw.
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL