North Melbourne

Talk on the national game

Re: North Melbourne

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:29 am

:lol:

I don’t think Thomas will give you anything like Monty did
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4310 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby JK » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:09 am

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:Did you jokers delist Thomas yesterday?

You really do want him

More than you can believe and that'll make two.

The first was Brent Montgomery. I lent over the fence at Princess Park and gave it to him one day, gave him all my admission charge in both barrels....a year later he's traded to Port.

And then he plonks one on Brett Burton's beak, and Booney's inviting him over for Christmas lunch
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4470 times
Been liked: 3017 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:36 pm

Booney wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Spargo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Every chance to make it out of the bottom four with the draw they have but not much further up the ladder than that I wouldn’t think

I’ve just had $50 on us to play finals now...

$6 not bad if your confident.

You really think so?

Not for me but if a kanga bloke is confident yeah why not.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:53 am

North Melbourne has reached an arrangement with Lindsay Thomas, agreeing to delist the veteran to allow him to pursue other opportunities.

The live-wire small forward departs Arden St after eleven seasons.

The 29-year-old was drafted to the Roos with pick #53 in the 2006 National Draft and after impressing early, he made his debut in Round 1 the following year.

Thomas' career ignited soon after and he went on to represent the royal blue and white on 205 occasions, booting 325 goals - currently 11th on North's all-time goal kicking list.

“On behalf of the club we would like to thank Lindsay for his professionalism over the past eleven seasons," North GM Football Cameron Joyce said.

"Linds has played some outstanding footy in his time and was widely regarded as one of the most potent, electric small forwards in the game.

“He is an intelligent and determined footballer that played with a tremendous amount of passion and desire.

"He played with his heart on his sleeve and overcame some huge challenges to carve out a fantastic career at North at the highest level."

At times unstoppable, one of Thomas's career highlights came on a Friday night when North clashed with Carlton in Round 12, 2010.

The No.12 booted 7 goals to go along with 20 disposals, 8 marks and 8 tackles at Etihad Stadium.

The South Australian played in nine finals games for North including five eliminations, two semis and two preliminaries.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 3835 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:34 am

Come on down Port:)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:36 am

Jim05 wrote:Come on down Port:)

Take out the paper and the trash!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4367 times
Been liked: 8082 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:43 am

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7639 times
Been liked: 11104 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:44 am

Booney wrote:****

You're welcome.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Spargo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:55 am

Really positive cull by the club, made the hard calls - if they’d done it half arsed we’d have been worse off.
(I’d also ship Swallow off to GC too if that can be arranged)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5712 times
Been liked: 5277 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:24 pm

Spargo wrote:Really positive cull by the club, made the hard calls - if they’d done it half arsed we’d have been worse off.

Who else was culled last season? I remember Boomer and Petrie.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:Really positive cull by the club, made the hard calls - if they’d done it half arsed we’d have been worse off.

Dal Santo, Firrito, Waite.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:26 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Dal Santo, Firrito, Nahas (don’t go there)...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5712 times
Been liked: 5277 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Dutchy wrote:North Melbourne has reached an arrangement with Lindsay Thomas, agreeing to delist the veteran to allow him to pursue other opportunities.

The live-wire small forward departs Arden St after eleven seasons.

The 29-year-old was drafted to the Roos with pick #53 in the 2006 National Draft and after impressing early, he made his debut in Round 1 the following year.

Thomas' career ignited soon after and he went on to represent the royal blue and white on 205 occasions, booting 325 goals - currently 11th on North's all-time goal kicking list.

“On behalf of the club we would like to thank Lindsay for his professionalism over the past eleven seasons," North GM Football Cameron Joyce said.

"Linds has played some outstanding footy in his time and was widely regarded as one of the most potent, electric small forwards in the game.

“He is an intelligent and determined footballer that played with a tremendous amount of passion and desire.

"He played with his heart on his sleeve and overcame some huge challenges to carve out a fantastic career at North at the highest level."

At times unstoppable, one of Thomas's career highlights came on a Friday night when North clashed with Carlton in Round 12, 2010.

The No.12 booted 7 goals to go along with 20 disposals, 8 marks and 8 tackles at Etihad Stadium.

The South Australian played in nine finals games for North including five eliminations, two semis and two preliminaries.

:roll:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:45 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Dal Santo, Firrito, Nahas (don’t go there)...

Cheers.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Former North Melbourne captain Andrew Swallow has announced his retirement after 224 games for the Kangaroos.

After joining the club with the 43rd pick in the 2005 AFL Draft, Swallow enjoyed a 12-year career with North, and averaged 20.7 disposals, 6.6 tackles and 5.2 clearances per game over his career.

Swallow captained the club for five season between 2012-2016, and has won three Syd Barker Medals, and is one of only nine North Melbourne players to have three best and fairest awards to their name.

“It was a very tough decision to make and it’s with a heavy heart that I’ve chosen to end my AFL career today,” Swallow told nmfc.com.au.

“I’ve been fortunate to have had a 12-year career with North and I owe a lot to the club for investing in me not only as a player, but also as a person.

“After speaking with my wife, Elise, and weighing up my future and that of our young family, we’re looking for a new direction and challenge.

“It’s been an incredible journey, but it’s now time to move on to the next chapter of our lives and I’m really excited for what lies ahead for us.”

North Melbourne coach Brad Scott praised his club’s former skipper, and told the club’s website not many other professionals have displayed the heart that Swallow has during his time at Arden Street.

“Andrew has been an absolute pleasure to coach and was one of those players that made life in the coach’s box much easier,” Scott said.

“There have been few players as brave and determined as Andrew. He was an inspirational and dedicated leader that led by example with his tenacity, uncompromising attack on the ball and man, and his professionalism both on and off the field.

“No matter the situation, we could always rely on Andrew to get the job done.

“He had little regard for his own well-being at times and did everything in his power to win the ball for the team or force an opposition turnover.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Booney wrote:Former North Melbourne captain Andrew Swallow has announced his retirement after 224 games for the Kangaroos.

After joining the club with the 43rd pick in the 2005 AFL Draft, Swallow enjoyed a 12-year career with North, and averaged 20.7 disposals, 6.6 tackles and 5.2 clearances per game over his career.

Swallow captained the club for five season between 2012-2016, and has won three Syd Barker Medals, and is one of only nine North Melbourne players to have three best and fairest awards to their name.

“It was a very tough decision to make and it’s with a heavy heart that I’ve chosen to end my AFL career today,” Swallow told nmfc.com.au.

“I’ve been fortunate to have had a 12-year career with North and I owe a lot to the club for investing in me not only as a player, but also as a person.

“After speaking with my wife, Elise, and weighing up my future and that of our young family, we’re looking for a new direction and challenge.

“It’s been an incredible journey, but it’s now time to move on to the next chapter of our lives and I’m really excited for what lies ahead for us.”

North Melbourne coach Brad Scott praised his club’s former skipper, and told the club’s website not many other professionals have displayed the heart that Swallow has during his time at Arden Street.

“Andrew has been an absolute pleasure to coach and was one of those players that made life in the coach’s box much easier,” Scott said.

“There have been few players as brave and determined as Andrew. He was an inspirational and dedicated leader that led by example with his tenacity, uncompromising attack on the ball and man, and his professionalism both on and off the field.

“No matter the situation, we could always rely on Andrew to get the job done.

“He had little regard for his own well-being at times and did everything in his power to win the ball for the team or force an opposition turnover.”

To summarize - Spitta has spat it!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1299 times
Been liked: 3558 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Brodlach » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:16 pm

To Gold Coast in the pre season draft?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4310 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:28 pm

would rather retire than play out his contract at North
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:31 pm

MW wrote:would rather retire than play out his contract at North

They probably paid him next years wage just to get him off the books?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:31 pm

MW wrote:would rather retire than play out his contract at North

Club paying some of his contract out to get rid off him?

He clearly wasn’t going to get a game next year so.....
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2261 times
Been liked: 2599 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL