Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby Gozu » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:34 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Gozu wrote:
tigerhutch wrote::roll: Yeah that would be the reason

I haven't read them but people have gone back and found interviews he did in the past where he supposedly says his first love was footy but because you can't play it internationally he went with basketball because his dream was to play at an Olympics. I don't know for a fact (just second hand) if him missing out on selection for the Boomers in the series against NZ thus meaning he would be very unlikely to break into the national team in time for next year's Olympics was a deciding factor or not but it certainly seems like it given he quits basketball (1 month into his 3 year deal) two days after the series finished.

Honestly who cares. You seriously expect someone to just play for 3 years doing something that might not enjoy anymore, especially when they failed in their goals and probably want to try something new?

It's pretty easy to understand why people might be shitty about him doing something as unprofessional as this. I haven't heard anyone suggest he should be forced to see out his 3 year contract with another team (the different sport part is irrelevant) but no one made him sign with an NBL team (and for 3 years at that he could've signed for 1 year if undecided about his future). It's very poor form on his part.

Try and look it for the other side let's say Aish gets drafted by the Brisbane Lions signs a 3 year deal and then two weeks into pre-season training turns around walks out on the club to take up basketball. Can you actually imagine the uproar there would be from the footy media not just actual Lions fans?
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby whufc » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:36 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Gozu wrote:
tigerhutch wrote::roll: Yeah that would be the reason

I haven't read them but people have gone back and found interviews he did in the past where he supposedly says his first love was footy but because you can't play it internationally he went with basketball because his dream was to play at an Olympics. I don't know for a fact (just second hand) if him missing out on selection for the Boomers in the series against NZ thus meaning he would be very unlikely to break into the national team in time for next year's Olympics was a deciding factor or not but it certainly seems like it given he quits basketball (1 month into his 3 year deal) two days after the series finished.

Honestly who cares. You seriously expect someone to just play for 3 years doing something that might not enjoy anymore, especially when they failed in their goals and probably want to try something new?

We are talking about a month in, I could understand if it was a year or so but one month come on.

Hope he becomes an epic fail and goes crawling back to the basketball world
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Spargo » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:59 pm

The irony that crow fans on here see no problem with this bloke breaking a contract one month in, yet are probably the ones who bitched, moaned & sooked when the likes of Davis, Bock, Gunston & Tippet left (when their contracts were actually up).
Shit form IMO.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5590 times
Been liked: 5196 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby HH3 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:12 am

Spargo wrote:The irony that crow fans on here see no problem with this bloke breaking a contract one month in, yet are probably the ones who bitched, moaned & sooked when the likes of Davis, Bock, Gunston & Tippet left (when their contracts were actually up).
Shit form IMO.

If you actually look at some of the posters names, its pretty easy to dismiss anything they say.

Depending who it is, its probably gonna just be the opposite of what the person before them said, just to be different.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:29 am

HH3 wrote:
Spargo wrote:The irony that crow fans on here see no problem with this bloke breaking a contract one month in, yet are probably the ones who bitched, moaned & sooked when the likes of Davis, Bock, Gunston & Tippet left (when their contracts were actually up).
Shit form IMO.

If you actually look at some of the posters names, its pretty easy to dismiss anything they say.

Depending who it is, its probably gonna just be the opposite of what the person before them said, just to be different.

No it won't be!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1710 times
Been liked: 1825 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:07 am

Shit form IMO.

Don't have any issue with any of them except Tippett who wasn't upfront with anyone and told his team mates via text. The rest are fine
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:50 pm

Was mentioned on SEN today that Tom Lynch not happy with the 2 year deal on offer, wants longer.
Melbourne offering 4 years
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3575 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:25 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Shit form IMO.

Don't have any issue with any of them except Tippett who wasn't upfront with anyone and told his team mates via text. The rest are fine

Why did Tippett need to be upfront? Danger isn't exactly up front right now
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:32 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Shit form IMO.

Exactly and it would be very 'showy' if he called a player meeting to announce to all the blokes what he was doing, I think a text would be the most logical way to communicate what he was doing to all the players at once. Not matter what question they would have had etc was going to change his decscion
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bennymacca » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:36 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Shit form IMO.

He said he wanted out to be close to family and then went to Sydney.

If danger went to anywhere but Geelong it would be a similar scenario but I wouldn't be annoyed at all if he went there. I would be sad but I would accept it
bennymacca
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:39 pm

Got a better offer and took it.. As would 99% of people.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:04 pm

Jim05 wrote:Was mentioned on SEN today that Tom Lynch not happy with the 2 year deal on offer, wants longer.
Melbourne offering 4 years

Going nowhere, three year deal announced this week
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby cracka » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:19 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Got a better offer and took it.. As would 99% of people.

But when was the better offer put to him, before or after he said he just wanted to go home.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 574 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Spargo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:28 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Got a better offer and took it.. As would 99% of people.

99% of people wouldn't break a 3 year contract, 1 month in.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5590 times
Been liked: 5196 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:35 am

Well im super impressed with Rory Atkins, his development this year has been fantastic. Some good signs in what has been a tough year inparticular the inclusions of Jake Lever and Atkins and the improvement of Charlie Cameron and Rory Laird.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:40 am

Adelaide can make some waves from the bottom half of the 8 I think.

While their defence hasn't really been tested for a month ( since the Sydney loss ) they have got their midfield and forwards gelling and making the most of almost every forward sortie.

Richmond posed them no problems, they got Richmond at a good time though, the Tigers had been up for some weeks and Essendon and Brisbane don't offer much resistance to a top 8 side at the moment.

Will be an interesting look at Adelaide's back 6 this week against the competitions in form forward line. Lever rested last week to be up for this week Crowies?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10874 times

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:50 am

Booney wrote:Adelaide can make some waves from the bottom half of the 8 I think.

While their defence hasn't really been tested for a month ( since the Sydney loss ) they have got their midfield and forwards gelling and making the most of almost every forward sortie.

Richmond posed them no problems, they got Richmond at a good time though, the Tigers had been up for some weeks and Essendon and Brisbane don't offer much resistance to a top 8 side at the moment.

Will be an interesting look at Adelaide's back 6 this week against the competitions in form forward line. Lever rested last week to be up for this week Crowies?

Yeah if we can win the centre square our forward line is in good touch atm. We showed that when dont win the centre square we get caught out for pace (slow mids getting back to help the defence and then slow rebounding 50) and the inexperienced backline gets shown up. ie Sydney.

We are still no certainty to make the 8. I feel if we can get in, we should be able to win a first final, but wont be expecting much more than that just yet.

Lever was rested from all reports, big year for the kid, coming off a knee reco and first AFL pre season.

if be looking to get Cheney back into the defence as well. Cheney and Lever in for Shaw and Hartigan
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:17 pm

Footy Smart wrote:Well im super impressed with Rory Atkins, his development this year has been fantastic. Some good signs in what has been a tough year inparticular the inclusions of Jake Lever and Atkins and the improvement of Charlie Cameron and Rory Laird.

Agree. If you had told me at the start of the year that Riley Knight and Rory Atkins were playing regular footy for the crows, and keeping the likes of Grigg, Kerridge and Wright out of the team, (and even CEY after his first half a year) I would have laughed. These guys are not only playing they are contributing.

I think they they both bring a bit of pace, which is what we were lacking, they also have decent skills and put a lot of pressure on when they dont have the ball.

Pleasantly surprised.

If you compare this year to 2013 and 2014, are bottom 4 or 5 players are contributing significantly more
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:19 pm

Booney wrote:Adelaide can make some waves from the bottom half of the 8 I think.

Aside from west coast, probably the two in form teams of the comp sit in 7th and 8th position. Hopefully make for some cracking elimination finals, after a few fizzers in the past couple of years
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:44 am

Sam Siggins has quit football by the looks of it.
Last I saw him play against Westies at Richmond, he was coming off the ground at 3/4 time and he was practically crying in the hands of a trainer.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2654 times
Been liked: 1882 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL