Port Adelaide 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:02 am

Jim05 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Ryder - never finished higher than 4th in the B&F at a club which hasn't won a final in over a decade.
Now he's allegedly the highest paid player at Port?
But no one questions the heirachy at Alberton....

9 years at Essendon, 1 top 10 in the B&F.
Glad he is gone, lazy arsed prick. He wouldnt make us play any better and we are nowhere near a flag. Allowed us to pick up Laverde with the compo pick who is a ripping kid and really progressing well, hopefully a 10 plus year player by which time we might be pushing for a spot in the 8 :D

Did Ryder play tonight?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:58 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Ryder - never finished higher than 4th in the B&F at a club which hasn't won a final in over a decade.

Glad he is gone, lazy arsed prick. He wouldnt make us play any better and we are nowhere near a flag. Allowed us to pick up Laverde with the compo pick who is a ripping kid and really progressing well, hopefully a 10 plus year player by which time we might be pushing for a spot in the 8 :D

Did Ryder play tonight?

3 Disposals last night, big night at the office.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10390 times
Been liked: 1534 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby helicopterking » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:09 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Did Ryder play tonight?

3 Disposals last night, big night at the office.

Got 2 of those in the last 5 mins of the 2nd term.
Didn't get a possession after half time.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:36 am

The saviour certainly earning his coin
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:42 am

I reckon even the most pessimistic Essendon fan would have expected a bigger impact from him at port this year.

Clearly struggling with injury and form.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Port Adelaide 2015

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:26 am

bennymacca wrote:

I reckon even the most pessimistic Essendon fan would have expected a bigger impact from him at port this year.

Clearly struggling with injury and form.

No, not really.
Ive seen him put in lazy, half arsed efforts for years. Has all the talent in the world but just goes through the motions and goes missing far too often. Said right at the start it wouldnt work as his best games with us were always when he was the main ruck who had an occassional rest up forward. Whenever he was predominantly forward with secondary ruck duties he often sulked and did SFA. He was always sooking to the coaches about not getting enough time in the ruck. Dont think there is room for him and Lobbe in the same side.
Yes he may of just come back for injury but that doesnt prevent you atleast looking like you want to be there and maybe lay a tackle or two
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Boon, Valleys etc how do you think Ken will deal with selections this week? He said there would be changes, Shultz may have some MRP concerns but Trengrove should be back. Any other changes?
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby GWW » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:41 pm

Probably need to give Jonas a spell in the SANFL, Trengove to come in.

If Schulz out, may have to consider giving Harvey a game, or perhaps Ryder at FF.

I'd like to see Amon back in, perhaps with Stewart an unlucky omission.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:45 pm

I think Schulz will be ok, I'm not sure he took Richards to the ground in a similar manner to Gibbs on Gray, not entirely the same, but very similar. I think Schulz lost Richards on the way to the ground compared to Gibbs driving Gray all the way down. Having said that, my gut feel, he'll get a week.

I think Jonas will be under extreme pressure this week also. Likely replacements? For Schulz ( if he's out via suspension ) then Ryder goes forward and probably Moore comes in from the sub vest or Neade might come in to replace Moore in the vest. For Jonas I can see Clurey coming in. I hope Paul Stewart says in the side and Trengove will be back. I can see Neade sniffing around for a recall over Moore who was the sub.

In no real order, I think Jonas, Monfries and Broadbent will be feeling the heat.

So I think from the Sydney game ( I would ) :

Out - Schulz (?), Jonas, Moore, Monfries
In - Trengove,Clurey, Neade, Amon
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby GWW » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:48 pm

I think we probably need to give Moore 4 or 5 games to see what he can (or cant) do.

He's not suited to the sub position. I wouldn't mind him playing on a forward flank, with occasional time on the ball.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:50 pm

Footy Smart wrote:Boon, Valleys etc how do you think Ken will deal with selections this week? He said there would be changes, Shultz may have some MRP concerns but Trengrove should be back. Any other changes?

I fail to see how Jonas can be in the side this week, or how he has been in the side for about the last 6 weeks to be truthful. He is in as big a form slump as there could possibly be, at present. I have really appreciated Ken backing our players in, but there has to come a time where there is nothing for the squad, or the individual, to gain from selection whilst desperately in need of confidence at the lower level. Some might argue there is no benefit in Jonas going back and beating up on opponents in the SANFL- I strongly beg to differ.

If Schulz gets rubbed out- well its anyone's guess as to who we end up going with as his replacement. Harvey appears to have the continuity in form, but his fitness would be of real concern at the top level.

We need to test the depth of our list throughout the remainder of the year, as finals is all but out of the equation (mathematically very possible, but miles off it on form). Amon, Ah Chee, Impey, Krakouer, Moore all need to be given sufficient game time to show the coaching staff and supporters what they have got.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Ah Chee showed some good signs i thought against the swans. I like Impey, do you think he will get a big enough tank to go through the mids?
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:06 pm

Booney wrote:I think Schulz will be ok, I'm not sure he took Richards to the ground in a similar manner to Gibbs on Gray, not entirely the same, but very similar. I think Schulz lost Richards on the way to the ground compared to Gibbs driving Gray all the way down. Having said that, my gut feel, he'll get a week.

I think Jonas will be under extreme pressure this week also. Likely replacements? For Schulz ( if he's out via suspension ) then Ryder goes forward and probably Moore comes in from the sub vest or Neade might come in to replace Moore in the vest. For Jonas I can see Clurey coming in. I hope Paul Stewart says in the side and Trengove will be back. I can see Neade sniffing around for a recall over Moore who was the sub.

In no real order, I think Jonas, Monfries and Broadbent will be feeling the heat.

So I think from the Sydney game ( I would ) :

Out - Schulz (?), Jonas, Moore, Monfries
In - Trengove,Clurey, Neade, Amon

I don't think Monfries out of the side would do either party any good, Boon. Ken needs to give the bloke a licence to attack and stop with this forward tag.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:11 pm

I agree. He is one who would benefit from Neade coming in. Let Neadey play that role, let Gus try and win the ball in the air and off hands.

I'd like Moore and Young to get some solid game time but it isn't our mids who are under pressure, it's the big men in Schulz, Jonas, Ryder and to a lesser extent Westhoff after his game against Sydney.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:17 pm

A week off may be a blessing for Schulz, he has been pretty average of late
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:36 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:The saviour certainly earning his coin

Oh well, We can both be criminal to overpaying blokes then, can't we?

valleys07
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:38 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:The saviour certainly earning his coin

Tippett?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:52 pm

Footy Smart wrote:Ah Chee showed some good signs i thought against the swans. I like Impey, do you think he will get a big enough tank to go through the mids?

Really like Arch, his contested ball winning ability and skills by hand are fantastic. He was really poor by foot though (DE 58%- not alone there, mind you), so it's a focus area for him in order to see him take that next step.

I really like Impey as the tagger for the opposition small forward.

valleys07
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:04 pm

Schulz free to play.

In: Jacko, Neade
Out: Jonas, Moore

Neade as sub.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby marbles » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:12 pm

Schulz has got to play ressies, the week before he publicly apologized for his performance against hawks, then this week he play worse!!

want him to excel, but a taste of reality to fire him up! surely
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL