Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:12 pm

I like that Adelaide have gone with the Yellow one because it's actually one of there colours, unlike white. I've wanted Adelaide to do it earlier because IMO clubs should be more creative and look at using their primary colours in their clash gurnseys instead of opting for the easy option that is white as the main colour. Too much white in the game for mine, great more creative!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10713 times
Been liked: 1560 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:29 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:I like that Adelaide have gone with the Yellow one because it's actually one of there colours, unlike white. I've wanted Adelaide to do it earlier because IMO clubs should be more creative and look at using their primary colours in their clash gurnseys instead of opting for the easy option that is white as the main colour. Too much white in the game for mine, great more creative!

The yellow looks like the training top from the early 90's that the injured group wore at training....
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby hawks21 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:04 am

Sauce Jacobs extends contract until the end of 2019!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:21 am

hawks21 wrote:Sauce Jacobs extends contract until the end of 2019!

While I expect Goldstein to be AA ruckman and perhaps Natanui on the bench, I'd say the AA selectors must have Jacobs in their discussions. Once again he has proven to be extremely durable and IMO Adelaide's most important player.

Without him Adelaide would be a different side.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7634 times
Been liked: 11101 times

Postby Feenix » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:31 am

valleys07 wrote:They are a huge improvement on what has been dished up over the past few years.

Is the yellow strip in between the red and blue strips on the yellow clash jumper necessary? They should merge the red and blue and make it of similar style to the bulldogs jumper.

Minor criticism to an otherwise decent change. Simple is always effective.

One of the guys on BigFooty did this mockup
AFC%20Clash%202016.png
AFC%20Clash%202016.png (358.99 KiB) Viewed 792 times
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:34 am

That looks pretty good.
That's a Crows guernsey.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:35 am

Feenix wrote:
valleys07 wrote:They are a huge improvement on what has been dished up over the past few years.

Is the yellow strip in between the red and blue strips on the yellow clash jumper necessary? They should merge the red and blue and make it of similar style to the bulldogs jumper.

AFC%20Clash%202016.png

Yep, that looks great
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby valleys07 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:05 am

Feenix wrote:

AFC%20Clash%202016.png

I really like that.

I like floating around the jumper design threads on BF- there is some absolute gems amongst the tripe that some posters come up with.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 769 times
Been liked: 1173 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:12 pm

Thought this was a pretty funny story, and also explains his reaction at the time.

Great stuff from the Essendon fan for paying up too!

http://m.afc.com.au/news/2015-08-19/bom ... -eddie-bet
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Gozu » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Talk is NBL turncoat Hugh Greenwood who quit the Perth Wildcats last night one month into his 3 year deal to try and play AFL will be signing with the Crows.

Not happy about that.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport ... come-crow/
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 663 times

Postby MJ_23 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Gozu wrote:Talk is NBL turncoat Hugh Greenwood who quit the Perth Wildcats last night one month into his 3 year deal to try and play AFL will be signing with the Crows.

Not happy about that.

Why?

Was a very good junior footballer, good person and has some great attributes
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby Gozu » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:11 pm

MJ_23 wrote:
Gozu wrote:Talk is NBL turncoat Hugh Greenwood who quit the Perth Wildcats last night one month into his 3 year deal to try and play AFL will be signing with the Crows.

Not happy about that.

Why?

I don't think a 'good person' signs a 3 year deal with a pro-basketball team and then two weeks into pre-season training walks out on the team to go and try his hand at another sport. It's very poor form. I'm no Perth fan but he's screwed up there plans now so late in the offseason comparable quality players to Greenwood have either already signed with other NBL teams or European teams.

He was a fringe Boomer and the Wildcats viewed him as their point guard of the future with Damian Martin getting older and starting to get more injuries now.

He should have made this decision when he finished his college basketball career earlier this year or at least after he put his name in the NBA draft and went undrafted in late June.
Last edited by Gozu on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby MJ_23 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:14 pm

Gozu wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:

Not happy about that.

Why?

I don't think a 'good person' signs a 3 year deal with a pro-basketball team and then two weeks into pre-season training walks out on the team to go and try his hand at another sport. It's very poor form. I'm no Perth fan but he's screwed up there plans now so late in the offseason comparable quality players to Greenwood have either already signed with other NBL teams or European teams.

He was a fringe Boomer and the Wildcats viewed him as their point guard of the future with Damian Martin getting older and starting to get more injuries now.

He actually is a very good person. I agree timing is not great and leaves the Cats in a bit of a bind, but he has chosen what he thinks is the best option for his future.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby MatteeG » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:14 pm

I'm loving the wildcats copping a bum steer. #hatethecats
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 510 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby tigerhutch » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:56 am

Gozu wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:

Not happy about that.

Why?

He should have made this decision when he finished his college basketball career earlier this year or at least after he put his name in the NBA draft and went undrafted in late June.

Yes how dare he have freedom of choice ... Good on him for chasing his dreams. Last time I looked we are not living in North Korea :roll:
Vote for King Thistle and the Wise Old Elf ... you know it makes sense
tigerhutch
Rookie

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Jim05 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:07 pm

tigerhutch wrote:
Gozu wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:

Not happy about that.

Why?

Yes how dare he have freedom of choice ... Good on him for chasing his dreams. Last time I looked we are not living in North Korea :roll:

Dont sign a 3 year contract then, no one forced him to sign it. Sounds like he sooked at missing out on Boomers selection so decided to give away basketball.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby tigerhutch » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:39 pm

:roll: Yeah that would be the reason
Vote for King Thistle and the Wise Old Elf ... you know it makes sense
tigerhutch
Rookie

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Gozu » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:04 pm

tigerhutch wrote:
Gozu wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:

Not happy about that.

Why?

Is this a serious post? Like Jim said don't sign a 3 year contract then, pretty simple I would've thought.
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:09 pm

tigerhutch wrote::roll: Yeah that would be the reason

I haven't read them but people have gone back and found interviews he did in the past where he supposedly says his first love was footy but because you can't play it internationally he went with basketball because his dream was to play at an Olympics. I don't know for a fact (just second hand) if him missing out on selection for the Boomers in the series against NZ thus meaning he would be very unlikely to break into the national team in time for next year's Olympics was a deciding factor or not but it certainly seems like it given he quits basketball (1 month into his 3 year deal) two days after the series finished.
Gozu
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Gozu wrote:
tigerhutch wrote::roll: Yeah that would be the reason

I haven't read them but people have gone back and found interviews he did in the past where he supposedly says his first love was footy but because you can't play it internationally he went with basketball because his dream was to play at an Olympics. I don't know for a fact (just second hand) if him missing out on selection for the Boomers in the series against NZ thus meaning he would be very unlikely to break into the national team in time for next year's Olympics was a deciding factor or not but it certainly seems like it given he quits basketball (1 month into his 3 year deal) two days after the series finished.

Honestly who cares. You seriously expect someone to just play for 3 years doing something that might not enjoy anymore, especially when they failed in their goals and probably want to try something new?
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL