Adelaide Crows 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby MW » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:25 am

on the contrary, they are not chasing. but they are trying to get the ball at the stoppage and if they don't do that and put a block on sloanes opponent, that creates a free man for the opposition
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2637 times
Been liked: 1865 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:30 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Reckon tex has still done fine in our losses. I would like to see him crash a few more packs but he's just not that type of player.

In terms of on field leadership, Sloane is the one that has gone missing and I never thought I would say that.

It's those around Sloane that aren't doing their job, he needs some protection, he cops a heavy tag and there's no one looking after him to enable him to get into the best position to get the ball.

Crouch or someone need to crash into the player who is trying to crash into Sloane, he is the engine but he's not getting any help, he is still the leading tackler in the comp.

Which one?

The one that is least broken at the time.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 am

cracka wrote:Why doesn't Sloane just stand someone else at stoppages & create a free player

One of my mates said it was quite funny playing AFL in the late 90's when tagging was very popular, there would be an 8 person tag going around in circles, it would be like:

Wines tagging Hannebery, but Hannebery is tagging Boak, although Boak is tagging Kennedy who is tagging Gray who is tagging Parker. They'd all be circling each other, it was funny to watch, confusing to play to some degree, you knew your job but despite being the tagger you were getting tagged too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby stan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:57 am

Whilst I think the Crows need another big body around the ball for a bit of bang and crash, I do feel Thompson is a step backeards for them. But as it has been said there arent many options.

The Crouch brothers and Adelaides other mids just need to get more agressive. We all know Curnow will go to Sloane and be in his face all game. Before the first bounce as a group go after Curnow. Then spend time on Murphy.

Everytime you are near Curnow, get in to him.

Its been a while since I was good enough to play football at a high enough level, but things never change. We hsed to give taggers so much stick it wasnt funny. Everytime you go past him, youn are into him.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:23 pm

stan wrote:Whilst I think the Crows need another big body around the ball for a bit of bang and crash, I do feel Thompson is a step backeards for them. But as it has been said there arent many options.

The Crouch brothers and Adelaides other mids just need to get more agressive. We all know Curnow will go to Sloane and be in his face all game. Before the first bounce as a group go after Curnow. Then spend time on Murphy.

Its been a while since I was good enough to play football at a high enough level, but things never change. We hsed to give taggers so much stick it wasnt funny. Everytime you go past him, youn are into him.

Wow I hope Ed doesn't read this!
He won't be able to sleep knowing the Crouch brothers are coming after him! ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2235 times
Been liked: 2530 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Cameron and Lynch did not train. The latter because of illness and is more of a chance of playing than Charlie.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 1223 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:42 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Cameron and Lynch did not train. The latter because of illness and is more of a chance of playing like a Charlie.

EFA.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1281 times
Been liked: 3494 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby stan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:00 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
stan wrote:Whilst I think the Crows need another big body around the ball for a bit of bang and crash, I do feel Thompson is a step backeards for them. But as it has been said there arent many options.

Wow I hope Ed doesn't read this!
He won't be able to sleep knowing the Crouch brothers are coming after him! ;)

I ran out of names of midfielders I would think that would be capable of providing some physical pressure to a tagger. I didnt think Douglass would have a massive impact.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:09 pm

The above is why im not against Thompson coming in to the side for a few games. He isn't the quickest bloke, but his stoppage work has been as good as anyones in the comp over the past 7-8 years, and he is a seriously strong unit.. I imagine Ed Curnow wouldn't be enjoying the treatment he could cop from him.. We got bullied around the contest in our losses, and I think it will be a blueprint for sides moving forward against us. Especially finals when its accepted that it becomes a brutal contested style of play
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:13 pm

human_torpedo wrote:The above is why im not against Thompson coming in to the side for a few games. He isn't the quickest bloke, but his stoppage work has been as good as anyones in the comp over the past 7-8 years, and he is a seriously strong unit.. I imagine Ed Curnow wouldn't be enjoying the treatment he could cop from him.. We got bullied around the contest in our losses, and I think it will be a blueprint for sides moving forward against us. Especially finals when its accepted that it becomes a brutal contested style of play

If finals are what the crows are looking to play this year then surely Thompson comes back in to give some grunt in your midfield.
Who cares how old he is, he's clearly still better than the Crouch brothers IMO.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2235 times
Been liked: 2530 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:51 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Cameron and Lynch did not train. The latter because of illness and is more of a chance of playing than Charlie.

Lynch ruled out.

Doesn't look good for Cameron.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 1223 times

Postby MW » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:57 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:The above is why im not against Thompson coming in to the side for a few games. He isn't the quickest bloke, but his stoppage work has been as good as anyones in the comp over the past 7-8 years, and he is a seriously strong unit.. I imagine Ed Curnow wouldn't be enjoying the treatment he could cop from him.. We got bullied around the contest in our losses, and I think it will be a blueprint for sides moving forward against us. Especially finals when its accepted that it becomes a brutal contested style of play

If finals are what the crows are looking to play this year then surely Thompson comes back in to give some grunt in your midfield.
Who cares how old he is, he's clearly still better than the Crouch brothers IMO.

They won't drop either Crouch for Thommo though, that's why he won't play cause that's just adding more slow inside types into a midfield who needs some poise and polish with the ball.
MW
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:05 pm

MW wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

They won't drop either Crouch for Thommo though, that's why he won't play cause that's just adding more slow inside types into a midfield who needs some poise and polish with the ball.

Nah I agree they wont drop either of the Crouch boys for him, nor probably should they. But we are stuck in a bit of a catch 22 in which we have slow inside types who aren't grunt/brute types so we are susceptible to getting bullied around the footy..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby carey » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:03 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Cameron and Lynch did not train. The latter because of illness and is more of a chance of playing than Charlie.

Lynch ruled out.

Doesn't look good for Cameron.

I'm not being a smart ass in fact probably the opposite in I may be just a dumb prick but, how the hell do you get ruled out of a game Wednesday morning with a virus? It's Wednesday! :?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:15 pm

He has been in hospital since Monday and they are not sure what it is
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:17 pm

Brodlach wrote:He has been in hospital since Monday and they are not sure what it is

Ok, Kinda makes sense now. Red heads are a soft breed! ;)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby MW » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:24 pm

Lever is starting to worry me... might be gone
His interview on 5AA did not fill me with confidence, especially this quote
"There's always media hype (about rival clubs) and that sort of stuff, but in the end, I’m playing for the Adelaide Crows at the minute and I'm focused on this week of football."
MW
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:26 pm

MW wrote:Lever is starting to worry me... might be gone
"There's always media hype (about rival clubs) and that sort of stuff, but in the end, I’m playing for the Adelaide Crows at the minute and I'm focused on this week of football."

Heard it too, he's gone.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5536 times
Been liked: 5166 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:22 pm

All good for this week. Ed Curnow ruled out, so 35 possessions and 3 Brownlow votes for Rory and a 10 goal win for the Crows
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:45 pm

MW wrote:Lever is starting to worry me... might be gone

Very Dangerfield like...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3580 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL