Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 03, 2017 2:28 pm

Back to on field matters, watched a bit of the mini Showdown on the weekend due to a financial investment (thanks Port)

Some observations -

Quite impressed with Ah Chee (not many possies but seems quality in what he does), Altley (moves like his brother), Bonner, Frampton

White, Lobbe, Toumpas are surely done as AFL footballers?

Magpies were clearly better team, but took a while to switch on, seem to cruise a bit at the level, should/could have won by 10 goals +
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3568 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 03, 2017 2:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:White, Lobbe, Toumpas are surely done as AFL footballers?

Yes, insurance / long term deal ( end of 2019 ), most certainly yes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Booney wrote:

It'll cost at least $1.1 million just this year for that insurance.
Costly insurance.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2528 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 03, 2017 3:00 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

It'll cost at least $1.1 million just this year for that insurance.
Costly insurance.

Hindsight, marvelous thing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:Quite impressed with Ah Chee (not many possies but seems quality in what he does), Altley (moves like his brother), Bonner, Frampton

Arch is probably a fair way down the pecking order now. Had his chance at the beginning of last season to really cement his spot on the back of a solid finish to 2015, and wasn't able to. Would have to put in an outstanding run of form to be considered for selection, I would have thought.

I am a huge Joe Atley fan and think he has a big future at PAFC. 25 possessions on the weekend, 6 tackles and 5 clearances. Only area of concern is that he doesn't get enough ball on the outside yet, with just 3 kicks from his 25 possessions. Still, to control the stoppages like he does at his age is a pleasing sign.

Just about the best game I have seen Riley Bonner play on saturday, too. It wasn't just the number of possessions that was impressive, but what he did with them. 26 kicks, most of them to a target and none of the dinky sideways indecision we see at AFL level. 5 I50's and a massive 9 R50's. Needs to consistently produce that standard.

Frampton will debut at AFL level soon, and IMO it should be this weekend. 24 touches, 16 HO and 16 marks is a massive game for a big bloke, and playing Dixon, and 1-2 of Ryder, Trengove and he up forward as resting rucks will keep McGovern honest. Has very sure hands and plenty of aggression at the contest, which I like to see.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 03, 2017 3:17 pm

Dutchy wrote:Back to on field matters, watched a bit of the mini Showdown on the weekend due to a financial investment (thanks Port)

Some observations -

Quite impressed with Ah Chee (not many possies but seems quality in what he does), Altley (moves like his brother), Bonner, Frampton

White, Lobbe, Toumpas are surely done as AFL footballers?

Magpies were clearly better team, but took a while to switch on, seem to cruise a bit at the level, should/could have won by 10 goals +

Ah Chee dished out a quick fire 30 metre handball on the weekend that was so Greg Phillips like.
He handballs further and quicker than that spud Toumpas can kick.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 03, 2017 3:22 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Quite impressed with Ah Chee (not many possies but seems quality in what he does), Altley (moves like his brother), Bonner, Frampton

Arch is probably a fair way down the pecking order now. Had his chance at the beginning of last season to really cement his spot on the back of a solid finish to 2015, and wasn't able to. Would have to put in an outstanding run of form to be considered for selection, I would have thought.

I am a huge Joe Atley fan and think he has a big future at PAFC. 25 possessions on the weekend, 6 tackles and 5 clearances. Only area of concern is that he doesn't get enough ball on the outside yet, with just 3 kicks from his 25 possessions. Still, to control the stoppages like he does at his age is a pleasing sign.

Just about the best game I have seen Riley Bonner play on saturday, too. It wasn't just the number of possessions that was impressive, but what he did with them. 26 kicks, most of them to a target and none of the dinky sideways indecision we see at AFL level. 5 I50's and a massive 9 R50's. Needs to consistently produce that standard.

Frampton will debut at AFL level soon, and IMO it should be this weekend. 24 touches, 16 HO and 16 marks is a massive game for a big bloke, and playing Dixon, and 1-2 of Ryder, Trengove and he up forward as resting rucks will keep McGovern honest. Has very sure hands and plenty of aggression at the contest, which I like to see.

Interesting, would have though Ah Chee was further up the order, but then again haven't seen as much as you.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3568 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 03, 2017 3:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Interesting, would have though Ah Chee was further up the order, but then again haven't seen as much as you.

What's holding Ah Chee back is his inconsistency at SANFL level, he doesn't string together a run of matches where he has been dominant, given his body size and running power he should be that at SANFL level. I think he's got the game to play at AFL level, probably quite well, but every time he's been squeezed out of the AFL unit he's dished up a shocker ( or two ) at SANFL level.

He played the first 7 or 8 ( from memory ) of last year and looked like he was ready to make a spot his, he went back out the side and didn't come back in until the last few weeks and didn't really impress, given our season at AFL level he had the chance to crack back in. He started this year, as noted above, with a really good game against the Bays ( 30 touches, 7 tackles, 3 goals ) and looked like he had put his hand up to be next in line for AFL selection....then he has 8 touches in the win over Norwood. He's had 22 touches and 3 goals against North...then 15 touches in the win over Adelaide since. There you go.

I think he'll be trade bait at best and delisted at worst.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri May 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Damian Barrett reported on the Footy Show last night that there is still no TV deal in China for the Port v Suns game.

We are 9 days away from the match and the only way to see the game if you live in China is to be there.

I think the powers that be need to stump up more cash.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 1223 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 05, 2017 3:48 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Damian Barrett reported on the Footy Show last night that there is still no TV deal in China for the Port v Suns game.

We are 9 days away from the match and the only way to see the game if you live in China is to be there.

Surely Fox will have it, they claim to have every match of the AFL season "LIVE".
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri May 05, 2017 3:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Damian Barrett reported on the Footy Show last night that there is still no TV deal in China for the Port v Suns game.

Surely Fox will have it, they claim to have every match of the AFL season "LIVE".

It will be shown here, I am talking about the game being broadcast in China.
PatowalongaPirate

Postby Trader » Fri May 05, 2017 3:52 pm

I thought they could watch it on the internet.
Also, wouldn't it be covered through the CCTV5+ deal?
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... s-in-china
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 05, 2017 4:01 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

i seriously doubt whether 95% of the Chinese population would even know there's a game happening.

On a side note, I often wonder if Chinese people pop out to get "Australian" take away.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri May 05, 2017 4:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

i seriously doubt whether 95% of the Chinese population would even know there's a game happening.

On a side note, I often wonder if Chinese people pop out to get "Australian" take away.

Number 23 with tomato sauce?
PatowalongaPirate

Postby bennymacca » Fri May 05, 2017 4:25 pm

well there's outback steakhouse in the US, and plenty of Pie shops opening up apparently.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 05, 2017 4:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Even if 5% knew the games was on it's still about 70 million people.
3 times the Australian population ;)

Pop out to get a pie and sauce I reckon.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 05, 2017 4:43 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Even if 5% knew the games was on it's still about 70 million people.

Piss off with your stats, it's Friday afternoon FFS ;)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 05, 2017 4:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Even if 5% knew the games was on it's still about 70 million people.

Piss off with your stats, it's Friday afternoon FFS ;)

Righto I'm going home......... I'll tell the boss LM said so! :lol:
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 05, 2017 5:41 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 9c2e5f9ad5

Thank god for that as I was starting to lose sleep over it!!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Sat May 06, 2017 9:37 pm

Only 38000 ??
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL