Round 1 - The season opener & what it brings.

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 1 - The season opener & what it brings.

Postby MJ_23 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:54 pm

helicopterking wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Mitch Brown from West Coast looks to have done his knee

Terrible for the Eagles after losing Emac and Waters as well as Glass last year.

Can't possibly play finals now

We are done now. Zero backline
McGovern is an absolute star. The roof of his mouth will get seriously burnt watching the ball go over his head this year.

Recruitment is a serious issue. No speed and dash through the middle except for Shuey, McGovern was easily our best tonight along with Nic Nat
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby helicopterking » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:10 pm

MJ_23 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Mitch Brown from West Coast looks to have done his knee

Terrible for the Eagles after losing Emac and Waters as well as Glass last year.

Can't possibly play finals now

We are done now. Zero backline
McGovern is an absolute star. The roof of his mouth will get seriously burnt watching the ball go over his head this year.

Recruitment is a serious issue. No speed and dash through the middle except for Shuey, McGovern was easily our best tonight along with Nic Nat

Yep, Bad choices relating to the draft. Shepard #7 pick.....wow. No good kicks in the mid other then Shuey and Gaff and Lecras, but he's way better up,forward. Last 10 mins of ever quarter we get smashed because we have no midfield depth. Team full of flankers. McGovern,Nic Nat, will prevent some serious damage , but McGovern has played 13 games, what's Franklin, Roughead,Cloke, Riewoldt going to do to him at this stage of his career.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 675 times

Postby MJ_23 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:12 pm

Long development year ahead.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby carey » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:36 pm

I never seen a slower midfield nor Worst team by foot than the Eagles.

Nic Nats hit out work is outstanding, Watching the game live West Coast simply don't work hard enough. When the Dogs received a free kick or retained possession they ran and spread and worked for each other as hard as they could West Coast stood there with there hand in up in the air.

I thought it was an average game at best to watch. Of the 6 teams I've seen so far most impressed by Melbourne :shock:

Long years for West Coast and Carlton.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2813 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:07 pm

I think the Bulldogs have the running capacity to make a lot of teams look slow, especially under a roof. The Eagles are in real bother now that they've lost yet another defender.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1710 times
Been liked: 1825 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:10 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Never in doubt :oops:

Joined your league yet or are you planning a dramatic Swan like comeback? ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:14 am

Said before their injuries that the Eagles are rubbish, now they are shot.In the mids Priddis is good and LeCras is a star, after that the rest is tripe. Still remember back to last year the locals wanted blood with Masten, he then played a few great games and that's forgotten. Turnover king by foot and he's almost 26.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby helicopterking » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:08 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Said before their injuries that the Eagles are rubbish, now they are shot.In the mids Priddis is good and LeCras is a star, after that the rest is tripe. Still remember back to last year the locals wanted blood with Masten, he then played a few great games and that's forgotten. Turnover king by foot and he's almost 26.

Understandable, Masten was a top 3 draft pick. Genuine butcher of the ball and scared to be tackled.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 675 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:31 am

Off to Adelaide Oval today - really don't know what to expect. I heard this week we haven't beaten the crows here since '03?
Hoping the rain stays away and we get the points - looking forward to reacquainting myself with the brain surgeons in the members'.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5593 times
Been liked: 5196 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MJ_23 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:00 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Said before their injuries that the Eagles are rubbish, now they are shot.In the mids Priddis is good and LeCras is a star, after that the rest is tripe. Still remember back to last year the locals wanted blood with Masten, he then played a few great games and that's forgotten. Turnover king by foot and he's almost 26.

Priddis was terrible last night, amazing you can win a brownlow when you are scared to kick the football. The Lecca midfield experiment i think is pretty much over except for every so often.

Yeo is going to be a very good player and Shuey is our most damaging player he just can't handle a tag
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:10 am

carey wrote:I never seen a slower midfield nor Worst team by foot than the Eagles.

Nic Nats hit out work is outstanding, Watching the game live West Coast simply don't work hard enough. When the Dogs received a free kick or retained possession they ran and spread and worked for each other as hard as they could West Coast stood there with there hand in up in the air.

I thought it was an average game at best to watch. Of the 6 teams I've seen so far most impressed by Melbourne :shock:

Really it was my favourite game of the weekend so far, pressure was great and the running of the buldogs was really enjoyable. Melbourne were ok and much better but i couldnt believe how poor GC were, i know there missing a couple and ablett was underdone but i was disappointed in them. I thought the collingwood bris game was average, could of been partly the weather tho but collingwood will be fighting for the 8 still have some serious class but brisbane will be about 12th. Essendon will make the 8 they looked good just ran out of puff as expected and richmond will b around the area of collingwood if not below as I just dont think their that good.
Excited for today's games, couple of rippers!
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 188 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:35 am

helicopterking wrote:

Understandable, Masten was a top 3 draft pick. Genuine butcher of the ball and scared to be tackled.

Was it Masten and Kennedy in a swap for Judd (in effect)?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby MJ_23 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:40 am

gadj1976 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Was it Masten and Kennedy in a swap for Judd (in effect)?

Yep.

Judd for Kennedy, 3 (Masten) and 20 (Tony Notte)
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby carey » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:17 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
carey wrote:I never seen a slower midfield nor Worst team by foot than the Eagles.

Really it was my favourite game of the weekend so far, pressure was great and the running of the buldogs was really enjoyable. Melbourne were ok and much better but i couldnt believe how poor GC were, i know there missing a couple and ablett was underdone but i was disappointed in them. I thought the collingwood bris game was average, could of been partly the weather tho but collingwood will be fighting for the 8 still have some serious class but brisbane will be about 12th. Essendon will make the 8 they looked good just ran out of puff as expected and richmond will b around the area of collingwood if not below as I just dont think their that good.

I meant of the 3 games I've been to thus far, I'm in Melb for the weekend watching 5 games. At Etihad now for the Saints v GWS game. Like I said Melb have been the side that impressed me the most so far. Although I expect a good showing today from GWS unfortunately the Saints are rubbish.
carey
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Sidebottom could be out for 3-4 weeks apparently
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:29 pm

batmanbegins wrote:

Essendon won't make the eight, the Swannies are pretty ordinary early in the season and not that great in the wet either. Underdone or not, they should have got the job done yesterday, especially after Parker went down.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:34 pm

LOBBE a possible out for Port.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 2135 times

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:36 pm

JK wrote:Sidebottom could be out for 3-4 weeks apparently

This hurts an already weak midfield, particularly with Greenwood due to miss another month. Could see Freeman debut next week.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:01 pm

The Essendon headline on P35 of the Sunday Mail is a cracker.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 2135 times

Postby carey » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Is Heath Shaw the biggest f**kwit in football? Abusing every team mate he can at ground level yet his made heaps of mistakes himself inside the first half.
carey
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL