Dean Brogan and club statement

Talk on the national game

Dean Brogan and club statement

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:00 pm

Dean Brogan and Club Statements
5:15:59 PM Mon 5 June, 2006
Port Adelaide Football Club
DEAN BROGAN STATEMENT

As you know I was involved in an incident on Saturday at the Adelaide Airport.

It began with me being verbally abused. The abuse was personal and aggressive. At first I ignored it. It continued and I reacted.

I deeply regret my part in the incident.

I’m disappointed it happened and I certainly apologise to Dale Mortimer.

Unfortunately this incident also impacts on our club and my teammates, which I also deeply regret.

The matter is under investigation, and I am not able to add anything to what I’ve said at the stage.

Thank you.

JOHN JAMES STATEMENT

We are extremely disappointed that an incident has taken place between Dean Brogan and an individual, now known to be Dale Mortimer.

It was very unfortunate.

In the face of taunts and insults we will reinforce with our playing group the need for them to walk away.

We view the matter very seriously and Dean is certainly aware of that.

The club does have a range of sanctioning options available to it under the Code of Conduct. Once all the information has been processed the club will take the appropriate action.

The matter is under police investigation, and it would be inappropriate for the club to comment any further on the specific incident.

Now this also has provoked a lot of discussion in the football and wider community.

Here at Alberton today, we’ve been overwhelmed by positive, constructive and concerned messages from footy fans. Quite a few of them are supporters of the Adelaide Football Club.

These people drew a distinction between good, healthy rivalry and bad, hurtful rivalry. This is really heartening.

On the field we have fierce rivals, but off the field the rivalry and the banter must be good natured.

We ask our supporters and all footy supporters to be passionate and loud. But, please, make sure that you respect all opposition clubs, players and supporters.

That goes for all of us…fans and players alike.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Coorong » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:14 pm

PAFC1870,

I am an avid, I repeat AVID Crows fan, but honestly from what I read this guy got what he deserved.

He comes accross as a tool of the highest order. Should be end of story hopefully.
Coorong
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:21 pm

Coorong wrote:PAFC1870,

I am an avid, I repeat AVID Crows fan, but honestly from what I read this guy got what he deserved.

He comes accross as a tool of the highest order. Should be end of story hopefully.

Agree 100%
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Dog_ger » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:04 pm

Coorong wrote:PAFC1870,

One of the Crows Ferral, By the looks...! No place for him in sport or at an Airport with behavior like this....!

I support Brogg's
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:35 pm

agreed that this bloke is a twat as he goes to the airport specifically heckle, but Brogan definitely over reacted in this situation
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:01 pm

I support neither Crows nor Power. Nonetheless:

- Brogan is deserving of whatever punishment comes of this

- Port should have used the phrase "Dale Mortimer" another dozen or so times in its press release. Make sure the pillock's name is known to all and never forgotten. He'll feel humiliated for far longer than the time it takes his nose to heal.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1572 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Blue Boy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:11 pm

Pseudo wrote:
- Port should have used the phrase "Dale Mortimer" another dozen or so times in its press release. Make sure the pillock's name is known to all and never forgotten. He'll feel humiliated for far longer than the time it takes his nose to heal.

I really dont think he will feel humiliated at all !!!
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Board index   Football  AFL