Cows v Wiggles

Talk on the national game

Cows v Wiggles

Postby Punk Rooster » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:58 pm

I only went & watched the last 50 seconds of the match on TV, but how sweet to see the Eagles burn up the clock in the Cows forward lines, after the Cows did this last week. Imagine KG stuttering through "how disgraceful it was", & "bad for the game" ad nauseam tomorrow night on the Crows Show (um, I mean Sports Show :roll: ).
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Re: Cows v Wiggles

Postby Ian » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:07 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:I only went & watched the last 50 seconds of the match on TV, but how sweet to see the Eagles burn up the clock in the Cows forward lines, after the Cows did this last week. Imagine KG stuttering through "how disgraceful it was", & "bad for the game" ad nauseam tomorrow night on the Crows Show (um, I mean Sports Show :roll: ).

Still haven't gotten over last week, have you love child of Eddy :wink:
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Punk Rooster » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:46 pm

F.O.C (Father of Cracker :wink:), I blame Collingwood for not manning up. Reality is, they let the Cows get away with it by being too loose. My point here though is, that the bias of KG & Cornes is sickening, yet they have the audacity to point the fingers at others! Their lack of journalistic integrity will be exposed (not that I ever accused them of having any!). I heard you were seen crying into your Effendon scarfe @ someones place for tea last night? :lol:

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Postby Ian » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:38 pm

Punk Rooster wrote: My point here though is, that the bias of KG & Cornes is sickening, yet they have the audacity to point the fingers at others! Their lack of journalistic integrity will be exposed (not that I ever accused them of having any!)

won't get any arguments from me on that one.
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby stan » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:00 am

I went to the game and enjoyed it! I must say to the crows that perhaps maning up on Cox might be a good idea. I mean hes 200 cm, hard to miss.................
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:40 pm

Ian wrote:
Punk Rooster wrote: My point here though is, that the bias of KG & Cornes is sickening, yet they have the audacity to point the fingers at others! Their lack of journalistic integrity will be exposed (not that I ever accused them of having any!)

Since when do they hide that they are bias? They are out in the open about it and even refer to the Crows as "we". Get over it.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby sydney-dog » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:54 pm

Their lack of journalistic integrity

Punkrooster, I grew up in SA and totally agree with your thoughts on KG and Co but believe me when I say that is nothing compared with what we have to put up with in Sydney......

Here they are uneducated an all we have heard about in the past 6 months is That the AFL should apologies to the swans for ctiticising their style of footy

It's a bigger issue then the Govt saying sorry to the stolen generation
sydney-dog
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby sydney-dog » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:15 pm

For me the three most disappointing aspects of the game were

1. Crows did not give a contest in the air, too many contested marks by the eagles in their forward 50m, this is highly unusual from a pretty tough crows defence, they will bounce back

2. The amount of times the eagles ran into an open goal, no crows players were prepared to get on the defensive side, especially at stopages, when your up against a ruckman like Cox, you have to have players on the defensive side of the contest.

3. Skill level, I have a lot of time for young Knights but he is consistently missing targets by foot, Burton can be a match winner but also can cause you heart failure, even Rielly who is usually pretty clean by either hand or foot had 8 clangers.

Finally another point, too many Crows players going to ground in a contest, you can't do nothing when your on the ground

They will Bounce Back
sydney-dog
League - Top 5

Postby Punk Rooster » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:56 pm

MW wrote:
Ian wrote:

Since when do they hide that they are bias? They are out in the open about it and even refer to the Crows as "we". Get over it.
Well then, maybe they should be the last ones to point the finger towards biased commentary, not the first...

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:46 am

Punk Rooster wrote:
MW wrote:
Ian wrote:

Well then, maybe they should be the last ones to point the finger towards biased commentary, not the first...

It's a bit different when its a local radio station covering a game for their state only vs a nationally telecast game coverage
MW
Coach

Postby Punk Rooster » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:09 pm

How is it any different? Very hypocritical. Your happy to sit & listen to commentators barrack on air for your team, but when watching national coverage (where your team is also playing), you expect total impartiality??? That's ridiculous.
I'm sick of hearing whinging/bleating Cows fans ring up Dumb & Dumber & complain "they showed 1 hr & 1 min of the Victorian club, but only 59 minutes of the Crows! Why can't they be fair!" ad nauseam. Dumber stutters out "strike me pink", Dumb goes back to an incident in 1951 of percieved Victorian bias. Very simple solution Crows fans- if you want biased commentary (which you'll get in spades), watch the tv & have the radio on! You won't know who is barracking harder, the people at the game, or the clowns on air! And you Crows supporters reckon Power fans have the lowest IQ???

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:22 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:you Crows supporters reckon Power fans have the lowest IQ???

Yes
MW
Coach

Postby Leaping Lindner » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:28 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:How is it any different? Very hypocritical. Your happy to sit & listen to commentators barrack on air for your team, but when watching national coverage (where your team is also playing), you expect total impartiality??? That's ridiculous.
I'm sick of hearing whinging/bleating Cows fans ring up Dumb & Dumber & complain "they showed 1 hr & 1 min of the Victorian club, but only 59 minutes of the Crows! Why can't they be fair!" ad nauseam. Dumber stutters out "strike me pink", Dumb goes back to an incident in 1951 of percieved Victorian bias. Very simple solution Crows fans- if you want biased commentary (which you'll get in spades), watch the tv & have the radio on! You won't know who is barracking harder, the people at the game, or the clowns on air! And you Crows supporters reckon Power fans have the lowest IQ??

Being a Collingwood supporter Punk I wouldn't be talking about IQs. Some of those guys at the Docklands last Monday Night were the first generation of their family out of the trees! :P
Not that I disagree with you about "Dumb and Dumber".
Want to start a thread on alternative jumpers? :wink:
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Punk Rooster » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:38 pm

LL, I look forward to Collingwood have "alternate" (Adrian Anderson...) jumpers. Black where the white is, & white where the black is! :P I would like for them to come up with a different jumper. I bought the "magpie" emblem jumper, circa 2003-04? I quite liked it. The AFL, as usual, has only got this half right though (how long did it take that AFL to wake up that fluro green clashes with no-one???) .
Each team declares their "home" jumper. It is then up to the visiting club to have a clash free jumper. I say this, because what my be alternative for one game, may still cause confusion in another (ie Melb visiting Adelaide, wear a red jumper..). Then again, clubs might only change jumpers in event of a clash (ie if the home jumpers don't clash, each side wears their home jumper.
Imo, you should be able to switch on the tv & say "club A is at home, club B is the away side", just by the jumpers they're wearing.

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Postby blink » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:17 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:Imo, you should be able to switch on the tv & say "club A is at home, club B is the away side", just by the jumpers they're wearing.

Exactly right - how hard can it be? One traditional home guernsey, one completely alternate away guernsey. If Collingwood are complaining about having to wear an alternate strip for away games, well they shouldn't as they only have 3 of those a season! :wink:
blink
League - Best 21

Postby drebin » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:06 pm

blink wrote:
Punk Rooster wrote:Imo, you should be able to switch on the tv & say "club A is at home, club B is the away side", just by the jumpers they're wearing.

Exactly right - how hard can it be? One traditional home guernsey, one completely alternate away guernsey. If Collingwood are complaining about having to wear an alternate strip for away games, well they shouldn't as they only have 3 of those a season! :wink:

If Collingwood refuse to comply then dock them points or legislate that their alternative strip will be a pink jumper with a big yellow streak down the back and on the rear of the shorts a picture of Eddies face looking out!
drebin

Postby GWW » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:32 pm

drebin wrote:
blink wrote:

If Collingwood refuse to comply then dock them points or legislate that their alternative strip will be a pink jumper with a big yellow streak down the back and on the rear of the shorts a picture of Eddies face looking out!

No just boot them out of the competition til they realise theyre not really that great a club afterall!!
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby stan » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:44 pm

Well if you read bigfooty and normally now is a bad time as it goes stupid when the footy show is on, but if you read it you would see that Collingwood supporters are of course siding with Ed in the fact that they are saying they will boycott the match. Then they say...."Dont mess with us" .And this is all about the jumper issue. So its fair to say collingwood are keen on keeping things the way that they are. But remember the AFL run the comp (well dir idiot) so they hold all the cards. Yes collingwood are a money making club, but really i think there are other ways to confront this issue.
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Punk Rooster » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:07 pm

I don't support Eddie on this issue. However, I think the AFL needs to take a stance on another part of the jumper/guernsey issue which is not being debated. How about simplifying the designs??? Take a leaf out of premier leauge soccer- Newcastle (B & W stripes), Chelsea (Blue), Liverpool(Red) etc, you don't see any "busy" designs like- WCE "ochre-colour yawn" of a few years ago, Fremantle (99% of their designs), St Kilda having 35 different coloured stripes on the front, Adelaide's tri-colours with a crow slapped over the top of it etc.
Back to the other debate, I'd love to see Collingwood's alternative strip be a Red & White design. It looks fantastic, remember North Adelaide in the 80's??? (Newcastle did this very design).

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Board index   Football  AFL