The meh/not good/not bad movies

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: The meh/not good/not bad movies

Postby DOC » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:41 am

Saw Greenbook, not bad but if that was the best film of the year, very shallow list.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:02 am

Glass

Worth watching if you've seen Unbreakable and Spilt. Didn't see it at the movies and glad I didn't, it was alright but not a movie I'd pay to watch
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:56 pm

John Wick 3

Went for a tad over 2hrs.
Really could have been condensed but they really had the fight scenes drag on.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Hazbeen » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:27 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:John Wick 3

Went for a tad over 2hrs.
Really could have been condensed but they really had the fight scenes drag on.

#2 was the same, just trying to milk the success of the original
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:43 am

I finally got to watch "The Mule" in it's entirety, just a typical Eastwood in his later in life types, great story line, a slow moving movie with a bit of sarcastic humour in it that has a dramatic ending.

Very watchable but it ain't no Gran Torino.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:11 pm

Toy Story 4

Pretty disappointing, quite dark (colour wise) and besides Woody and Buzz hardly see any of the other characters

2.5 Pixars out of 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:15 pm

The Ash Man wrote:Toy Story 4

Pretty disappointing, quite dark (colour wise) and besides Woody and Buzz hardly see any of the other characters

2.5 Pixars out of 5

Really not much chop is it? I'm sorta looking forward to seeing it, think they're clutching the straws having a forth installment so keen to see it and if it's any good. To my surpirse the reviews I've seen/read about it have been very positive.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:49 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

2.5 Pixars out of 5

Really not much chop is it? I'm sorta looking forward to seeing it, think they're clutching the straws having a forth installment so keen to see it and if it's any good. To my surpirse the reviews I've seen/read about it have been very positive.

I read some reviews when I got home.
Maybe they are all just Pixar lovers but I’m not sure how it has 98% on Rotten Tomatoes.
I was looking forward to it and maybe my expectations were just too high.
My 7yo liked it but there wasn’t too much adult humour in this one I reckon.

The Ash Man
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:32 pm

The Ash Man wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

2.5 Pixars out of 5

Maybe they are all just Pixar lovers but I’m not sure how it has 98% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Yes alot of Pixar fan boys out there that will love it just because it's Toy Story and Rotten Tomatoes scores alway seems to start high when the movie is released and drops down from there. I think with how good the first two movies were its ok to have high expectations of it, it's a cash grab and Pixar are putting their neck out after so long between and third and forth films.

Currently its IMDb score is 8.8
TS1 is 8.3
TS2 is 7.9
TS3 is 8.3
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:12 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

2.5 Pixars out of 5

Yes alot of Pixar fan boys out there that will love it just because it's Toy Story and Rotten Tomatoes scores alway seems to start high when the movie is released and drops down from there. I think with how good the first two movies were its ok to have high expectations of it, it's a cash grab and Pixar are putting their neck out after so long between and third and forth films.

Currently its IMDb score is 8.8
TS1 is 8.3
TS2 is 7.9
TS3 is 8.3
I saw Toy Story 4 Friday night and it fits in this category just fine for me. I found it very funny, had many memorable one liners that I found very funny, Duke Caboom is hilarious. Luckily it was funny because it didn't have much going for it otherwise, nearly all the main toys didn't play much part and Buzz was dumbed down too much for my liking. The whole spork thing was, as I thought dumb AF. Ventriloquist Dummies are creepy so having them as henchmen in an antique store is plain scary. Ironically the Annabelle Comes Home and Child's Play movie posters are up in the cinema for all to see when leaving the theatre, probably not great product playment and I won't be surprised if there's kids getting scared because of the dummies.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:52 pm

After reading the reviews on here I was pleasantly surprised as my expectations had dropped quite a bit. Coupla sad pangs thinking back to when I started following the franchise with nephews and nieces (who are all adults now) and also my own children.

I think this topic is the right place for it, but if anything I think it leans more towards good than bad.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby LMA » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:49 pm

Not a fan of Queen at all so it probably swayed me a little but thought Bohemiam Rhapsody was ok. Undeniably talented was Freddy and the band but felt the movie had been done before. Disapproving father who comes around at the end, success goes to the head and alienates the loved ones around him, hits rock bottom then comes back for an ultimate finale. Mr Robot was great in it though once I got past the chompers
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

The meh/not good/not bad movies

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:07 pm

LMA wrote:Not a fan of Queen at all so it probably swayed me a little but thought Bohemiam Rhapsody was ok. Undeniably talented was Freddy and the band but felt the movie had been done before. Disapproving father who comes around at the end, success goes to the head and alienates the loved ones around him, hits rock bottom then comes back for an ultimate finale. Mr Robot was great in it though once I got past the chompers

Yeah, watched in a flight to Jakarta a month or so back and thought it was a little meh TBH
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Magellan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:49 am

Jim05 wrote:
LMA wrote:Not a fan of Queen at all so it probably swayed me a little but thought Bohemiam Rhapsody was ok. Undeniably talented was Freddy and the band but felt the movie had been done before. Disapproving father who comes around at the end, success goes to the head and alienates the loved ones around him, hits rock bottom then comes back for an ultimate finale. Mr Robot was great in it though once I got past the chompers

Yeah, watched in a flight to Jakarta a month or so back and thought it was a little meh TBH

Agree, thought it was a bit average. “Rocket Man” is a better rock biopic IMHO.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby The Ash Man » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:58 am

Shazam!

Watched it with the young fella the other night.

Not a bad fillum but belongs in this category.

Storyline a bit weird yet engaging but 2 hours for a movie aimed at kids that have the attention span of an ant is a bit too long.

The child actors are really good and can see more coming from this group

The Ash Man
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:08 pm

Rocketman

Finally watched it Saturday night and didn't really like it, not because it was a bit of a musical, the music in it was good and so was the designs of all the clothing and outfits that Taron Egerton wore, the accuracy and presentation of the fashion was probably my favourite part of the film. What I didn't like is that the story seemed to jump all over the place and I found keeping track of the storyline annoying.

I enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody alot more.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:26 pm

Star Wars the Rise of Skywalker.

I've seen it twice, just so I could get my head around it and whilst I really enjoyed it the second time around and loved the fan service it provides it does have some continuity issues, most likely because of the change of directors between films.

It's pretty evident that the makers of TROS have tried hard to make episode 7, The Last Jedi a redundant film in the saga. IMO TLJ was a crap film after what The Force Awakens, which I thought was pretty good, initially set up in this trilogy. The first act of TROS while quite fun to experience was rushed as they had to set up the plot and final act of the film. The reveal that Palpatine is still (partly) alive and in hiding while controlling everything was a great plot point, I feel like his reveal and story arc could of been set up in the Last Jedi in preparation for the Rise of Skywalker, making for a better saga overall.

The strongest part of the film and maybe the whole saga is the relationship and dynamic between Rey and Kylo Ren. I reckon they've been the best characters, especially Kylo.

It's hard for me to say if this trilogy is better the the prequel trilogy, I know it had some cringeworthy parts to it but it's continuity was better for the most part. IMO the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi are the best Star Wars films, I really liked Rouge One and Revenge of the Sith aswell.

The tv series The Mandalorian and the game Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order are fantastic and are more enjoyable representations of Star Wars than the Rise of Skywalker.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:02 am

Just finshed watching Terminator Dark Fate, I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It's very nostalgic and it has enough action and a good villain to keep you interested. It's not a not great movie but it's not terrible.

I also watched Once Upon a time in Hollywood earlier in the week and I liked it enough to sit through it and stay interested in the plot but it's definitely not up there with the Tarantino classics IMO.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:52 am

Joker

Just didn't live upto the expectations I had.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:35 pm

Watched "Adopt a Highway" last night with Ethan Hawke. had good reviews and rating, but frankly I thought it was pretty ordinary.

Trailer was promising, thought it was going to be a powerful movie but just never really got there and ended quite abruptly.

Not one for me.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment