Movie review - Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Movie review - Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

Postby Hondo » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:33 pm

The follow up to one of the iconic movies of the 80s "Wall Street" set about 20 years later picks up Gordon Gekko's story 7 years after being released from prison. I didn't expect much after reading negative reviews but I found it exceeded my low expectations without measuring up to the the original. Michael Douglas looked too aged to be believable as the reborn tycoon. Oliver Stone seemed intent on telling us "I told you so" implying that we have learned nothing from the lessons he was trying to give us 20 years ago with the first movie. He's probably right.

The movie had moments I enjoyed, parts I couldn't follow and parts I could have fast forwarded. I think I would have preferred that Gekko was either reformed or always a crook and the movie seemed uncertain about which one he was but maybe life is never that black or white.

Overall though, better than I expected and I enjoyed the small cameo from Charlie Sheen - 3/5 :)

I am catching up with some older weekly DVDs which is why the the 2 discussion starters are on slightly dated movies. Feel free to disagree with me as it is just about the discussion.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment