Survivor: Season 22- Redemption Island *WITH SPOILERS*

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Survivor: Season 22- Redemption Island *WITH SPOILERS*

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:40 am

Eagles2014 wrote:Well played again by George tonight, I really hope he wins as he bloody deserves it. Thought Cara was going to stuff him up again, but luckily she realised he has been spot on every time.

He needs to get rid of Flick now as she is the only one that can beat him, would have the jury votes with all her friends there.

If Wai and Hayley had flipped they would have voted out George, but for some reason they didn’t :shock:

I can't believe FLcik did not tell Hayley and Wai she had an idol. Had she done that George or Cara would have gone home. Flick just relied on the fact that all 4 of them were voting for her. If she told Hayley and Flick then they could have joined forces because i wouldn't have thought Hayley would have wanted to vote for Wai and with Hayley and Flick not being able to go home would have left the choice for George or Cara.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Trader » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:41 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Well played again by George tonight, I really hope he wins as he bloody deserves it. Thought Cara was going to stuff him up again, but luckily she realised he has been spot on every time.

He needs to get rid of Flick now as she is the only one that can beat him, would have the jury votes with all her friends there.

If Wai and Hayley had flipped they would have voted out George, but for some reason they didn’t :shock:

I can't believe FLcik did not tell Hayley and Wai she had an idol. Had she done that George or Cara would have gone home. Flick just relied on the fact that all 4 of them were voting for her. If she told Hayley and Flick then they could have joined forces because i wouldn't have thought Hayley would have wanted to vote for Wai and with Hayley and Flick not being able to go home would have left the choice for George or Cara.

Yup, once again the naive nature of a number of the aussie players is on display for all to see.

Will be interesting to see who each other wants to take to the end.
George was playing up taking Hayley but I suspect that was just to keep her on side (and a big part why Hayley and Wai didn't make the move last night).

No one can take Flick or they'll be in trouble.

Hayley and Cara should try and take each other as both lose to George IMO.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:55 am

Flick - did everything we thought she would .
One of her biggest errors with the way she wanted to use the idol was getting busted by George just relaxing in the shade.
The other was, as mentioned not sharing it with Hayley/Wai.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:03 am

Trader wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Yup, once again the naive nature of a number of the aussie players is on display for all to see.

Will be interesting to see who each other wants to take to the end.
George was playing up taking Hayley but I suspect that was just to keep her on side (and a big part why Hayley and Wai didn't make the move last night).

No one can take Flick or they'll be in trouble.

Hayley and Cara should try and take each other as both lose to George IMO.

In the preview for tonight there wasn’t much talk about Flick being in trouble from the others talking? Do you reckon she wins immunity tonight. They put a bit of emphasis on George and Cara voting for each other. Looking forward to it
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:13 am

Who is the biggest threat in their eyes?

George - who has played a superb game and outwitted everyone and has no friends on jury.

Flick - with all her friends on the jury.

For $500k, Flick has to go.

If Flick wins immunity... then it's all about George going, as Flick wanted him gone last night
Not sure what would change in a short time, unless she flips on Hayley for not supporting her last 2 votes??

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:19 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Who is the biggest threat in their eyes?

George - who has played a superb game and outwitted everyone and has no friends on jury.

If Flick wins immunity... then it's all about George going, as Flick wanted him gone last night
Not sure what would change in a short time, unless she flips on Hayley for not supporting her last 2 votes??

I'm taking George to the final if it were me and convincing the jury George just did not try during challenges, literally gave up. Work on that strategy and beat the best player. Doesnt matter who takes him should be able to win based on that strategy
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:55 am

MW wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Who is the biggest threat in their eyes?

I'm taking George to the final if it were me and convincing the jury George just did not try during challenges, literally gave up. Work on that strategy and beat the best player. Doesnt matter who takes him should be able to win based on that strategy

He probably did not try on one challenge, and potentially dropped out a couple as well that he had no chance in hell of winning anyway, save his energy. He has been the best player by a mile and deserves to win - only Flick can beat him so he needs to get rid of her.

George, Hayley and Flick can all win and they would all be aiming to take Cara to Final 2 to make sure of it.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:10 pm

It was a reward challenge that was the one George basically gave up on. And it didn't work too well for Dani

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:32 am

Think George again played that very well, he needed Hayley in the final three as she is the only chance of beating Flick in final challenge. His best chance of winning is to sit with Hayley in final two. Jury will vote for Flick if she makes it that far. Grand Final moved to Sunday night now, should be another cracker!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Trader » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:24 am

Yup, agreed Hayley's pitch was perfect, managed to get both George and Cara to agree with her.

Interesting to see what would have happened if Cara told Hayley before the tribal that she was on board to vote George.
On one hand, you would think Hayley would have taken that in a heartbeat, guaranteed herself final 3, and removed George as one of the big threats, and keeping a goat (Cara) in the game she can take to final two if she (Hayley) wins the final challenge.

However, playing a longer game, by getting rid of Cara now rather than George, Hayley has all but guaranteed herself a seat in the final two. Despite her strong resume, she in many respects is the safest option to take with you to the final two. George won't take Flick as flick has too many friends on the Jury. Flick won't take George as George has the best game play (in terms of controlling the votes) this season. Mean's Hayley can now plead her case come Sunday Night.

Hayley presented well to George and Cara to get them to flip on each other and keep her to try and take out Flick at final three.
If she can persuade the jury equally well on Sunday by explaining her decision to get rid of Cara at 4 not George, as that guaranteed her final two, then for mine that will be enough to get her over the line if the jury votes based on game play. If they vote on friendship, then it could be a totally different matter.

The other twist in it all is how the jury will judge the second chances.
George was saved by Cara playing an idol.
Hayley was saved by redemption rock.
Flick was saved by the urns.
4th placed Cara was saved twice, once by George's idol play and once by her eviction sending her to the brawn tribe.

On the surface the final three have all been saved once, and therefore that cancels each other out and it shouldn't really be a factor. However, I suspect it still will be.
George being saved by an idol, is, in many respects, 'acceptable' to the observer as idol's have been a part of the game since they first popped up back in 2005(ish).
The urns are not a common feature of survivor, so many may see this as the worst of the three saves. However as the urns were introduced at the tribal prior (Andrew's eviction), everyone knew when they were voting Flick out that she had the ability to save herself with the correct pick, and therefore they may have 'come to terms' with that possibility occurring. By comparison, when they voted Hayley out, they thought she was gone. Yes, redemption rock (/island), isn't a brand new concept, and should be somewhat expected in survivor seasons, at the time the players voted Hayley out, they didn't know she was a chance to come back and this could therefore make it 'worse' in their eyes.

I'm worried this could work against Hayley and be the reason (excuse?) many vote against her.

If you can't tell, I'm hoping for a Hayley win. I think she's done the best this season.
Yes she made a mistake when she was exposed, and got voted out, but for mine this is her only blemish, and it came when she was backed into a corner.
By contrast, George made a bigger mistake at the start of the game IMO when he put himself in the minority. He wasn't being targeted, and at the first tribal, he upset half the tribe by evicting them from the tribal, and insulting the remainder by saying they were not part of the alpha pack. George made himself a target and then only survived on the back of Cara playing an idol for him, that had she known she was the back-up vote, she wouldn't have.

While I'm cheering for Hayley, I'd still be fine with a George win, as he has been good from about episode 4 onwards. He's zigged when he needed to zig and zagged when zagging was required.

Flick on the other hand doesn't have a resume for mine. She found an idol late, and while it saved herself, it was used poorly and she didn't remove her biggest threat at that time (George). She then won the immunity at final 4. That's it. (And lets be honest, the last few challenges have hardly been inspiring wins; watching 5 people who can't throw trying to hit targets with beanbags has been almost cringeworthy viewing).
Basically she's only a chance cause there are a heap of brawns on the jury, and potentially the empathy vote with her mum's death.
(By no means am I saying she's trying the play the mum card, or if the perception should be held against her. Just saying her game play and performance doesn't come close to either George or Hayley, IMO).

Any way this plays out, Sunday should be entertaining.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:33 am

Good summary.

Flick makes final 2. She wins.

Hayley v George.

George wins. Just.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Trader » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:41 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Good summary.

Hayley v George.

George wins. Just.

Unfortunately I agree George wins, as from the Jury's perspective (a heap of Brawns), they never saw George's blunder playing himself into the minority. In their eyes, he's played an almost flawless game.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:08 pm

Trader wrote:

Hayley v George.

George wins. Just.

Unfortunately I agree George wins, as from the Jury's perspective (a heap of Brawns), they never saw George's blunder playing himself into the minority. In their eyes, he's played an almost flawless game.

The fact he was nearly voted out at the start and is still a chance to win shows what a great game he has played. As has been mentioned, Flick gets the friends votes if she makes it and wins. But if Hayley and George are the final two, even though George is a politician, Hayley speaks extremely well and will do a great pitch which will make it close. Not fussed if she wins as has also played a great game, but still going for George. Every time they show him talking on camera we all pi55 ourselves laughing, he has made the series for me!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:26 pm

Trader wrote:

Hayley v George.

George wins. Just.

I have a feeling Hayley and Flick are the final two. Flick wins Sunday night and decides to take Hayley with her because she’s worried about how well he speaks. Time will tell
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:24 pm

Well there we go...

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:26 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Well there we go...

Had the best all round game. Deserved winner imo
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:31 pm

mighty hounds wrote:

Yeah, and answers were a whole lot more detailed. Showed more empathy to the jury. Outspoke the professional dribbler.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:13 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Yeah, and answers were a whole lot more detailed. Showed more empathy to the jury. Outspoke the professional dribbler.

Yes, she absolutely smashed it with the jury, spoke well and no doubt swung a few crucial votes her way.

Deserved winner, was hoping George won but very happy for Hayley. Enjoyable series.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:27 am

I enjoyed the variety of challenges. They had to adapt by not being in their normal spot of Fiji, I think it is.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:21 am

Anyone know if you can watch the unedited vision of the Jury duty questions?
mighty hounds
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment