The meh/not good/not bad movies

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: The meh/not good/not bad movies

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:33 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Mockingjay part 2

Watched this at the moonlight cinema Friday in Gold Grass.
Spent some of the movie looking to the stars and spotting satellites.

Gold grass section looks as if its growing and feels more crowded than before.

Can order food and they bring it to your bean bag.
Our order was wrong.
The food was cold.
Lesson learnt.

That's hilarious.

I sat in the second row behind Gold grass on Friday at this very movie.

I had a delightful pre-movie experience as Mrs Wristy and I had a lovely picnic and bottle of wine that we had picked up in the barossa that morning. I was somewhat excited for the conclusion to this four movie series and was incredibly underwhelmed by how slow and boring it was.

I nodded off at one point, I too star gazed, took great humour in the birds that arced up at the start + during and was taken back by just how much the set of 4 movies got progressively worse. Apart from the term The Hunger Games being used in a pisstaking quote at one point this Hunger Games movie somewhat strangely had no Hunger Games in it. It was like having a Batman movie without the big black bat.

I also couldn't believe the first 3-4 minutes the projector was set too low and most of all the volume was way too low. Every time Katniss went into one of her pouty discussions which was half the movie I couldn't hear it. I really struggled with a lot of the dialogue.

I love moonlight cinemas and it's hardly their fault the movie was crap and full of holes and billions of litres of oil that appears from nowhere but for the price you pay they need to do a few things better. Movie volume, MC volume, price and obviously food delivery to name a few.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:47 pm

And to shut the monkeys up!!!!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11922 times
Been liked: 3633 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:00 am

Straight Outta Compton
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3035 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:45 am

wristwatcher wrote:I love moonlight cinemas and it's hardly their fault the movie was crap and full of holes and billions of litres of oil that appears from nowhere but for the price you pay they need to do a few things better. Movie volume, MC volume, price and obviously food delivery to name a few.

Moonlight Cinema can be a real raffle. At the end of the day you're still sitting outside watching a movie, which is pretty uncomfortable by most people's standards, and there are a lot of variables that can ruin the experience.

If its a warm still evening of a 36 degree day and no wind, it can be a great environment to watch a movie. Anything less and you might as well sit in your own backyard with a rug, a bottle of plonk and your iPad.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:52 am

We went to the outdoor cinema at Harts Mill at the Port last summer.

That was really good. The screen was pretty small, and it was packed, but they had food trucks, but the setting along the river was really nice.

Should've just gone with the missus, instead of a group, and it was still good.

Never been to the Moonlight Cinema.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:35 pm

Magellan wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:I love moonlight cinemas and it's hardly their fault the movie was crap and full of holes and billions of litres of oil that appears from nowhere but for the price you pay they need to do a few things better. Movie volume, MC volume, price and obviously food delivery to name a few.

Moonlight Cinema can be a real raffle. At the end of the day you're still sitting outside watching a movie, which is pretty uncomfortable by most people's standards, and there are a lot of variables that can ruin the experience.

If its a warm still evening of a 36 degree day and no wind, it can be a great environment to watch a movie. Anything less and you might as well sit in your own backyard with a rug, a bottle of plonk and your iPad.

^^^ :lol: =)) ^^^^

Cask wine on a blanket surrounded by dog shit on the iPad would significantly decrease the chance of action. Pretty hard to get the big tick for date night for that one as well. I do find the premise of what your saying humorous and somewhat accurate but if you want to simplify and analyse it like that then why go to concerts for $200 when I watch on the iPad for free, why am I member of AO when the crickets on free to air TV, why go to date night to cop a mouth hug when I could rub one out myself ;) .......it's all relative.

I,ll go there once a year but perpetration is key for a good experience. Blankets, pillows, picnic, esky all make it a lot better. Probably a better movie might add to the experience as well.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:21 pm

Sure. If the conditions are right, then the MC is great fun. Depends on your tolerance. Me, I'm a bit fussy.

why go to concerts for $200 when I watch on the iPad for free, why am I member of AO when the crickets on free to air TV, why go to date night to cop a mouth hug when I could rub one out myself

The reason you go to watch/listen/grope to the above events is they are happening live, and experiencing them in the flesh provides a different and real (and better) experience. Especially the mouth hug thing.

On the other hand, movies aren't live, they're exactly the same in your lounge room, in a gold class cinema, at the drive-in, or in the parklands projected onto a white sheet. On that basis I'll pick the most comfy and interesting venue. If the conditions are right according to my 123 item checklist, then MC will be happening. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:09 pm

There's more to your checklist than a simple 1,2,3
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:19 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:There's more to your checklist than a simple 1,2,3

Sure is! That's '123' as 'one hundred and twenty three'. And that's not counting the fine print and dietary requirements at the end. ;)
Magellan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:43 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Cask wine on a blanket surrounded by dog shit on the iPad would significantly decrease the chance of action. Pretty hard to get the big tick for date night for that one as well. I do find the premise of what your saying humorous and somewhat accurate but if you want to simplify and analyse it like that then why go to concerts for $200 when I watch on the iPad for free, why am I member of AO when the crickets on free to air TV, why go to date night to cop a mouth hug when I could rub one out myself ;) .......it's all relative.

I,ll go there once a year but perpetration is key for a good experience. Blankets, pillows, picnic, esky all make it a lot better. Probably a better movie might add to the experience as well.

Your analogy would be fine if you're seeing the actors in real life acting out the movie!! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:24 pm

Wedgie wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Your analogy would be fine if you're seeing the actors in real life acting out the movie!! :lol:

So when is Black Swan on!!!!!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2540 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:39 pm

Sicario
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Everest
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:32 am

Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice.

Had some real good parts to it and some very meh parts to it.

There was no real plot, everything sort of just happened without much reasoning and it bounced around alot.

The way they showed the world's acceptance of Superman was done well. Gave an insight to the otherside of him trying to do the right thing and people twisting it and make him look like a problem and a threat.

Ben Affleck was very good as Bruce Wayne, he looks like Bruce Wayne should. His Batman was brutal.

The introduction of Wonder Woman was done well, she was really cool and the introduction of the members of the future Justice League was very cool.

I thought Lex Luthor was the best character, he was a real joker type and even not that's not really a trait you associate with Lex Luthor it was done well I thought. The best part about him was how manipulative and deceptive he was, he was a real puppet master.

Doomsday was ridiculous, very powerful and unstoppable but I feel he was a little bit wasted, should of be introduced a bit earlier in the film.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10390 times
Been liked: 1535 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby JK » Tue May 10, 2016 11:42 am

Prepared to get shot at for this, and appreciate Im probably the odd one out, but watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens on the weekend and was seriously disappointed. Very average by comparison to memories of previous films in the series and well below expectations.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Gozu » Tue May 10, 2016 12:37 pm

JK wrote:Prepared to get shot at for this, and appreciate Im probably the odd one out, but watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens on the weekend and was seriously disappointed. Very average by comparison to memories of previous films in the series and well below expectations.

I think that's fair. I enjoyed it a lot more seeing it the second time around but think the first six movies are better. I would consider it a good movie a solid 6/10 better than totally average 5/10 but not good enough to be a 7/10. It's pretty much just a remake of the first Star Wars movie anyway.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby JK » Tue May 10, 2016 12:55 pm

I should also add that a watched it on a decent enough kickass TV, but obviously you're going to lose a fair degree of the cinematic effects and experience that may have added a bit more to it.

I was so disappointed, I felt i was being very kind putting it in this thread.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby The Ash Man » Mon May 30, 2016 11:37 am

The Do-Over
Adam Sandler is just not funny
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Mon May 30, 2016 2:20 pm

The Ash Man wrote:The Do-Over
Adam Sandler is just not funny

Mrs and Miss Boon chose this over Sydney v North on Friday night ( I know, I couldn't believe it either ) and they both said it was exactly "meh" in the ratings scale.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:21 am

Captain America- Civil war
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3035 times
Been liked: 2406 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment