The Wiggles

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

The Wiggles

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:45 am

I remember a time where live gigs were part of my regular schedule.
I even booked some for a while, helped develop a festival.
But now...the last gig I went to was Play School at the Renmark Greek Hall.
And...this weekend...I go to THE Wiggles.

Yeah, life's changed a bit.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Re: The Wiggles

Postby Wedgie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:22 am

Saw a pic this morning of what they look like these days and they look kind of creepy.
You should do what I did and organise it with the missus that she takes the kids to Wiggles concerts and you take the kids to see Hi 5 concerts. That kept us both happy! :lol:
If youre locked into one just tell yourself its not the Wiggles, its the Cockroaches! 8)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3918 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby zipzap » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:27 am

Apparently it's $40 a ticket, kid or adult depending on where you sit I guess :shock:
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby MatteeG » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:53 am

Mrs G taking G jr tomorrow. He scraped in for the free ticket age wise!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Magpiespower » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:05 pm

The Red Wiggle lives local.

Always throws me a bit when I see him down the pub.

Never wears his skivvy but...
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:43 pm

My missus took our 2 kids (4.5 and 2.25) yesterday. Beware, it took her over 40mins between getting onto Port Rd at the brewery and entering the car park.

There were no police organising traffic yesterday. She finished up missing the first 15-20 mins (they said they'd start at 10 but started closer to 10.30 luckily) and consequently we're asking for our money back as the event organisers did an extremely poor job of controlling the traffic.

In total it took her 1.45 hours to get from Modbury to be inside the venue. And overall it spoilt a good day. The kids were fine, but when I got home and she was NOT happy about how the day unfolded!

The concert itself was good but I still have a problem with charging adults 40 bucks when it's a kids show - unless the Wiggles have groupies I spose!

So the moral is, don't get tickets to the first concert, wait till they sort themselves out!

I'd suggest to anyone going tomorrow to go to the city, then catch the tram down. There is no room for strollers or prams either in the venue itself.

BTW, it was 15 dollars parking but she got in free as I think the organisers realised it was chaos.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Rewiggled :D

http://www.thewiggles.com.au/au/mediacentre/news/179

In celebration of The Wiggles’ 20th birthday, ABC Music has brought together some of Australia’s finest contemporary music artists to pay tribute to the undisputed legends of children’s entertainment,
The Wiggles. Rewiggled features 20 all time favourite Wiggles songs interpreted by The Living End, Washington, Jebediah, Sarah Blasko, Architecture In Helsinki, Spiderbait, Bluejuice, Frenzal Rhomb, Clare Bowditch, The Snowdroppers, Busby Marou, Adalita, Papa VS Pretty, The Audreys, Dead Letter Chorus, Oh Mercy, Angie Hart, Sons of Rico, Steve Lane and the Autocrats and Paul Greene.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10816 times

Postby zipzap » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:36 am

Cripes The Living End are really just hanging on in the hope that someone does a tribute to them aren't they? Duran Duran, Hoodoo Gurus, Easybeats, now Wiggles. Come to think of it, some of those other acts are fast becoming tribute whores too - Triple J are making an industry out of it with a new Nick Cave one on its way.
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment