Round 18 Eagles v West

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 18 Eagles v West

Postby Brodlach » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:23 am

am Bays wrote:More evidence for the current Westies to say the green shoots are maturing and we’re on the right track

Yep agree, only won 4 games but was only beaten 4 times by more than 5 goals and was competitive in all games except 1 which I couldn’t have said in previous seasons.

Not once did we play with our best 5 players on the ground all year, captain Brand didn’t play at all.

Adam Hartlett continues to improve this group and deserves a lot of credit. A couple of goal scoring talls would be exactly what we need
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby northerner » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:44 pm

Brodlach wrote:
am Bays wrote:More evidence for the current Westies to say the green shoots are maturing and we’re on the right track

Yep agree, only won 4 games but was only beaten 4 times by more than 5 goals and was competitive in all games except 1 which I couldn’t have said in previous seasons.

Not once did we play with our best 5 players on the ground all year, captain Brand didn’t play at all.

Adam Hartlett continues to improve this group and deserves a lot of credit. A couple of goal scoring talls would be exactly what we need

And an SANFL star who will be joining for mums cooking will help.
Last edited by northerner on Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 437 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby another grub » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:03 pm

no Maxie Marslen hurt
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 421 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:48 pm

northerner wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

What does that mean?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Thiele » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:40 pm

Brodlach wrote:
northerner wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

What does that mean?[/quote ]Think of the CEO of West Adelaide, her son plays for Sturt
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby Thiele » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:47 pm

I must it was nice to see Adam give the young kids ago like, Bock ,Thackery, and in the last round like White and Obst and they didn't look out of place
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:58 pm

Ah, gotcha!

I wish but just a dream
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby wedgetail » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:24 pm

Didn't see the game but disappointing the Eags couldn't send off Sheeds with a win. West are no longer easy beats and have shown a lot more resilience this year. Lonergan's retirement predictable. A valuable component of our back to back premierships and often under estimated in his impact on games.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby northerner » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:38 pm

Troy Menzel copped a two-game ban for a bump, that certainly could be argued the opposition was as much at fault for causing the collision.

However, I am not sure the Club will challenge on Troys behalf, especially as it seems he is unlikely to be there next season.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 437 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Big Phil » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:50 pm

northerner wrote:Troy Menzel copped a two-game ban for a bump, that certainly could be argued the opposition was as much at fault for causing the collision.

However, I am not sure the Club will challenge on Troys behalf, especially as it seems he is unlikely to be there next season.

Could be a home coming of sorts, perhaps? TTG maybe?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Sticks28 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:10 pm

Big Phil wrote:
northerner wrote:Troy Menzel copped a two-game ban for a bump, that certainly could be argued the opposition was as much at fault for causing the collision.

Could be a home coming of sorts, perhaps? TTG maybe?

I could potentially see him ending up at Golden grove with his brother. Unless they both go out to the country for monster amounts of cash
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby MW » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:56 pm

wedgetail wrote:Didn't see the game but disappointing the Eags couldn't send off Sheeds with a win. West are no longer easy beats and have shown a lot more resilience this year. Lonergan's retirement predictable. A valuable component of our back to back premierships and often under estimated in his impact on games.

I hear this at the end of every season...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:05 pm

MW wrote:
wedgetail wrote:Didn't see the game but disappointing the Eags couldn't send off Sheeds with a win. West are no longer easy beats and have shown a lot more resilience this year. Lonergan's retirement predictable. A valuable component of our back to back premierships and often under estimated in his impact on games.

Yep, the bigger concern is the poor performance across the grades.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby MW » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:32 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
MW wrote:

Yep, the bigger concern is the poor performance across the grades.

Yeah normally strong in the lower grades, not this year. Maybe due to the senior team pinching them throughout the year? who knows...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:30 pm

Had to do something different this year and they played the kids. Hopefully they stick together and success comes.

Certainly effected the lower grades
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL