Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: R18 West v Glenelg Friday 7.40

Postby Pseudo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:55 pm

A very uninspiring game with little for the highlights reel.

The only thing I'll take from that is that Hosie got to work up some form in the league. Lord knows the Bays need him, with McBean being the decoy to keep the opposition's best scragger occupied...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby PanthersFan » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:04 am

Well the result wasn’t unexpected, West showed a bit of spirit but Glenelg are just too good and it’s going to be hard to stop them on their way to the premiership. Bays fans, you need to stop being bad winners. Some very ordinary comments and behaviour tonight. Certainly not saying it’s everyone, but there were a lot.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Spargo » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:07 am

PanthersFan wrote:Bays fans, you need to stop being bad winners. Some very ordinary comments and behaviour tonight. Certainly not saying it’s everyone, but there were a lot.

Are you talking about at the game?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby PanthersFan » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:15 am

Spargo wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:Bays fans, you need to stop being bad winners. Some very ordinary comments and behaviour tonight. Certainly not saying it’s everyone, but there were a lot.

Yes
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Postby am Bays » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:25 am

PanthersFan wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Yes

Anecdotal reports are that it was the Westies fans getting turfed, maybe typo here PF?
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby PanthersFan » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:56 pm

am Bays wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Yes

Anecdotal reports are that it was the Westies fans getting turfed, maybe typo here PF?

I can only comment on what I see and hear. Like I said before, I'm not saying it's every Glenelg fan, but there were five or six blokes last night sitting around us who were constantly abusing West players and the umpires. I get as fans we are always going to disagree with some umpiring decisions, but when it's EVERY SINGLE DECISION that goes against your team you don't need to keep yelling about it until the next one. This happened all the way to the end of the game when Glenelg had it well wrapped up and when they weren't abusing the umpires they were abusing the West players. I just don't get the mentality, especially when you've got the minor premiership sewn up, the game sewn up and the actual premiership more than likely sewn up. Just enjoy your team's winning season in historic fashion, then you might have some opposition supporters actually want to congratulate you. (Sorry about the long post, and when I say "you" I don't mean you personally).
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Postby Spargo » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:53 pm

Maybe you could’ve sat somewhere else?

Spargo
Coach

Postby stampy » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:59 pm

and maybe we are sick of being screwed by the magots, 15-28 last night, 21-31 against the dogs and 18-38 v norwood, thats 54-97 in the last three games ffs.....
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:13 pm

stampy wrote:and maybe we are sick of being screwed by the magots, 15-28 last night, 21-31 against the dogs and 18-38 v norwood, thats 54-97 in the last three games ffs.....

Learn to tackle correctly maybe :shock:

Richmond have been the same the last few years, maybe the ferocious attack on the ball just causes them to give free kicks away?

Nothing in rule book says the free kicks need to be equal, is just a pathetic comment whenever you here it :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby stampy » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:20 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
stampy wrote:and maybe we are sick of being screwed by the magots, 15-28 last night, 21-31 against the dogs and 18-38 v norwood, thats 54-97 in the last three games ffs.....

Richmond have been the same the last few years, maybe the ferocious attack on the ball just causes them to give free kicks away?

Nothing in rule book says the free kicks need to be equal, is just a pathetic comment whenever you here it :shock:

the differeintial is huge, generally when you are winning you are first to the ball, blows you argument out of the water, what is pathetic the ineptitude of the umpires the umpires, our fullforward gets raped every game and the blind magots dont see it, give me a break :roll:
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby Spargo » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:21 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

No one said that. Watch the 3 games Stampy mentioned then get back to us.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:24 pm

FWIW I thought the umps were fairly good last night, apart from some inconsistent interpretation of the holding-the-ball rule.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Spargo » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:26 pm

stampy wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

the differeintial is huge, generally when you are winning you are first to the ball, blows you argument out of the water, what is pathetic the ineptitude of the umpires the umpires, our fullforward gets raped every game and the blind magots dont see it, give me a break :roll:

The umpires see it, everyone at the game sees it. They choose to ignore it.

Spargo
Coach

Postby topshelf » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:07 pm

stampy wrote:
am Bays wrote:Holding McBean, anyone?

FMD!

happens every week

Not sure why he doesn't get the free kicks though, it's obvious. Think he will come finals time at Adelaide Oval.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby am Bays » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:25 pm

Pseudo wrote:FWIW I thought the umps were fairly good last night, apart from some inconsistent interpretation of the holding-the-ball rule.

Agreed, I didn’t think it was that bad.

However the vcontinued holding of McBean is beyond a joke. It’s a basic lack of forward vision by the EZ umpire. When the law Book starts with the player who is making the ball his sole objective shall be given every opportunity to do so, it’s obvious that any attempt to prevent the forward going for the ball is worthy of a free kick let alone the obvious jumper holds and arms wrapped around the body.

My othe bug bear is players who are first the footy are tackled, they knock the ball on but have the ball dragged back into them and then they get penalised. Happened to poor Snooky at least twice last night.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL