R17 South v North Saturday 2.30

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R17 South v North Saturday 2.30

Postby Wedgie » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:55 pm

I'm off to the pub, don't want to be here when my daughter gets home, she's going to be in a filthy mood.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby locky801 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:57 pm

Wedgie wrote:I'm off to the pub, don't want to be here when my daughter gets home, she's going to be in a filthy mood.
lol toughen up ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:11 pm

locky801 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I'm off to the pub, don't want to be here when my daughter gets home, she's going to be in a filthy mood.
lol toughen up ;)

She scares me, God forbid if Geelong keep losing then it's lucky I don't work next till Wednesdsy, I'll be spending 4 days at the pub! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:47 pm

North clearly the main danger to Glenelg
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby southee » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:44 pm

Putrid performance today !

Could name 4 that did their role.

Lazy, uninspired and gutless.

You would think with the season on line you would play better than that crap today.

Have a feeling we are cooked for 2021.

I’m filthy tonight !
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby am Bays » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:10 pm

southernbulldog wrote:North clearly the main danger to Glenelg

Yep they make me nervous
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:14 pm

am Bays wrote:

Yep they make me nervous

Mate, you've won 6 more games than us, undefeated, and have beaten us twice, you're home, don't worry. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby am Bays » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:19 pm

Wedgie wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Yep they make me nervous

Mate, you've won 6 more games than us, undefeated, and have beaten us twice, you're home, don't worry. ;)

It’ll be one game anything can happen on one day.

1978 Sturt went into the GF sitting on 22 wins from 23 games…
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:12 pm

North- very, very good in the second half- lookout Bays.
South , apart from 4 obvious players, were appalling. No heart, no desperation, no desire, no guts. insipid. Will struggle to stay in the top 5 now after that very limp effort. Time for some egos to be deflated, and kick the dew off the grass next week.
Umpiring- an embarrassment to the league.- A whistle blows.. and everyone-the crowd, the players included, have no clue as to what the call will be. With 3 field umpires ,I'm bewildered why they desperately try to get as far away from the action as they do- thus making it impossible to see and award the first free kick, not the second or third.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby am Bays » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:18 pm

You’ll play finals no sweat with your last two games against Port and West.

However wether you go past week one….

As you said the gulf between your top four players and the rest is stark.
am Bays
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:57 pm

A great win. Didn't think we'd win by that much, given the game was at Noarlunga and there was a lot on the line for South to play for. Really liked how we pulled away after half-time. Great to see Hartung back in (25 touches, and I reckon 23 were after quarter time) and not injured. Need to keep the momentum rolling against Norwood and Sturt in the last two rounds to hold the double chance.

Impressed with Haines ability to accumulate the ball, and Skinner's marking power. South's luck with ruckmen again ran out, losing Griffiths in the first quarter. As am bays said, they'll make the five, the question is how deep they can go. They should win their next two games, so they should enter the major round with some confidence.

On one hand, I wish we could play the Bays before the end of the minor round - I'd love to know how we would stack up in our current form. The two prior games this year the Bays were comfortable winners, but we weren't firing on many cylinders back then. That said, perhaps remaining an unknown quantity offers us some sort of advantage.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby robranisgod » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:06 pm

Magellan wrote:A great win. Didn't think we'd win by that much, given the game was at Noarlunga and there was a lot on the line for South to play for. Really liked how we pulled away after half-time. Great to see Hartung back in (25 touches, and I reckon 23 were after quarter time) and not injured. Need to keep the momentum rolling against Norwood and Sturt in the last two rounds to hold the double chance.

Impressed with Haines ability to accumulate the ball, and Skinner's marking power. South's luck with ruckmen again ran out, losing Griffiths in the first quarter. As am bays said, they'll make the five, the question is how deep they can go. They should win their next two games, so they should enter the major round with some confidence.

On one hand, I wish we could play the Bays before the end of the minor round - I'd love to know how we would stack up in our current form. The two prior games this year the Bays were comfortable winners, but we weren't firing on many cylinders back then. That said, perhaps remaining an unknown quantity offers us some sort of advantage.

This is certainly no criticism of Haines, he is a wonderful player, but for how long have kick ins after a point been counted as a possession. He still had 30 touches but 40 touches was a bit over the top given that North scored 10 points.

Skinner looks to be a top defender. Apparently he came to South as a forward from Brisbane. He looked AFL standard yesterday as a defender. For South's sake I hope he isn't another Highmore, but on what I saw yesterday there are a lot worse going around in the AFL.
Last edited by robranisgod on Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby locky801 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:19 pm

robranisgod wrote:
Magellan wrote:A great win. Didn't think we'd win by that much, given the game was at Noarlunga and there was a lot on the line for South to play for. Really liked how we pulled away after half-time. Great to see Hartung back in (25 touches, and I reckon 23 were after quarter time) and not injured. Need to keep the momentum rolling against Norwood and Sturt in the last two rounds to hold the double chance.

This is certainly know criticism of Haines, he is a wonderful player, but for how long have kick ins after a point been counted as a possession. He still had 30 touches but 40 touches was a bit over the top given that North scored 10 points.

Skinner looks to be a top defender. Apparently he came to South as a forward from Brisbane. He looked AFL standard yesterday as a defender. For South's sake I hope he isn't another Highmore, BUT on what I saw yesterday there are a lot worse going around in the AFL.

Kickins after a point are only a stat if the come out the goal square which they all do these days anyway stupid really
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby saintal » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:42 pm

Terrible second half, particularly the final term. So many “soft” goals given up. North far too good.

Not the first time South have been left wanting on their home deck after half time against good opposition:

R17 v NA 2.3 to 10.5
R13 v WWT 1.5 v 6.1
R7 v GLG 3.4 v 8.6

Performances that you wouldn’t have associated with Wright-led teams in recent years.

Hopefully can add O’Neill, Cross, Rose, Schwarz and Milsom in coming weeks, but for this time of the year we’re relatively healthy.

Don’t have anybody who has kicked over 20 goals- Fitt (18 from 12 games), Tarca (17) and Skinner (16, who's been terrific in defence the past fortnight)
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL