R13 Central v Port Saturday 2.10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R13 Central v Port Saturday 2.10

Postby TDJ44 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:39 pm

beef wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
beef wrote:
Maggies2002 wrote:Name the players that wouldn't get a game elsewhere?

I'm sure west would take them

Apart from West I don't think any of these players get games at sturt north eagles Glenelg Norwood or south
Marsh
Haydon
Grant
Lleyellwen
Weaver
Dahms
Pisani
Morton
Olsson
Gillard

Beef, I am stunned by some of those names.
Harry Grant has been our best player in a number of games this season; Dylan Morton has been very reliable down back all season; Dylan Weaver has been a consistently good member of our backline; Coooper Dahms is an extremely talented young player; Nick Gillard was best on ground only a couple of weeks ago; Ryan Llellewyn has been important since coming back from a really bad injury. The only one on that list whom I think may struggle is Johnathon Marsh but there are far worse players in the league than him.
Cheers

Some have been good for centrals in game but doesn't mean they are good enough to get games in better teams. Just my opinion and some have improved but still not good enough for other teams. Not a dig at the players and they are getting the most out of their ability but just not good enough.

The skill level of a few of the guys mentioned are horrible......Morton and Grant are usually good with the footy.
Dahms and Gillard are 2 of the worst left footers I've seen,even Ingo was better.
Llewellyn competes well every week and does his job.
Marsh has taken 16 marks this season which is not good enough.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby beef » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:41 pm

Which is my point. They have a crack and win some one on one's, but their skill level wouldn't cut it at other clubs. The constant message on this forum is exactly that, compete hard but still lose due to skills or size.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby goddy11 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:37 pm

Interesting choice of music played at half time according to the Advertiser.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/af ... rallPos=10
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby TDJ44 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:42 pm

beef wrote:Which is my point. They have a crack and win some one on one's, but their skill level wouldn't cut it at other clubs. The constant message on this forum is exactly that, compete hard but still lose due to skills or size.

Weaver and Haydon do compete well also but lack skill and creativity.
Both can't kick on their opposite foot .
Pisani and olsson are also limited with their skills,I'm sure some Norwood supporters would agree.
Marsh simply can't mark and can't kick.
We wonder why we produce similar results week to week or from year to year.
Too many players who have poor skills.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:54 pm

goddy11 wrote:Interesting choice of music played at half time according to the Advertiser.

More interesting that this gets a column on page 2 of the Sunday Mail - but the SANFL scores are no longer printed on the first page of the sport section, the game writeups are buried somewhere in the back section, and the ladder hasn't been seen all year.

Seems the only time the press wants to mention the SANFL is when it can print "bad" news.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby goddy11 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:32 pm

Pseudo wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Interesting choice of music played at half time according to the Advertiser.

More interesting that this gets a column on page 2 of the Sunday Mail - but the SANFL scores are no longer printed on the first page of the sport section, the game writeups are buried somewhere in the back section, and the ladder hasn't been seen all year.

Seems the only time the press wants to mention the SANFL is when it can print "bad" news.

I recall the song as a boy. I thought of it as clever at the time and how can anyone find it racist. Probably Centrals could have found some more music by an indigenous musicians rather than one from a pom. So many songs about different people (nationalities) about and no one complains about them. Too much wokeness in media. You are correct, why not put a SANFL review on page 2.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:54 pm

Wedgie wrote:Classy effort by Central to play My Boomerang Won't Come Back at half time of Indigenous Round!

WTF!? :lol:

Central District apologises for racist song played during SANFL Indigenous Round clash, says it was ‘an error’

Central District has apologised after an offensive song was played during the Indigenous Round clash against Port Adelaide.

The playing of an offensive song in the halftime break of Saturday’s SANFL Indigenous Round clash between Port Adelaide and Central District was an “entirely unintentional mistake”.

Central District Football Club chief executive Kris Grant said the club was “deeply sorry” for any offence or distress the playing of 1961 song My Boomerang Won’t Come Back may have caused to anyone.

He said it was an “entirely unintentional mistake” the song was played and it was simply chosen on the day because of its title.

The song, by UK comedian Charlie Drake, was banned by ABC Radio in 2015 complaints about its racist lyrics.

An offended spectator contacted the Sunday Mail just after the song had played at Elizabeth Oval, Central District’s home ground.

Mr Grant said though an unintended error, the club acknowledged the song “was wrong and offensive”.

He said the match day had otherwise been a fantastic celebration of SANFL’s Indigenous Round, in which the club acknowledged the outstanding contribution of Indigenous players past and present.

SANFL chief Darren Chandler also apologised on behalf of the league.

“We have spoken to the club and the decision to play the song was made only with good intentions,” he said.

“All of our clubs, including the Central District Football Club, have worked extremely hard to embrace Indigenous Round.”

Yeah i heard it pretty catchy funny song in the day when i was a youngster read in the paper this morn some one complained.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:56 pm

Perhaps Central should try waving the footy all over the place till they're black in the face, then it might come back. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:59 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

I recall the song as a boy. I thought of it as clever at the time and how can anyone find it racist. Probably Centrals could have found some more music by an indigenous musicians rather than one from a pom. So many songs about different people (nationalities) about and no one complains about them. Too much wokeness in media. You are correct, why not put a SANFL review on page 2.
\

I was at the game and in actual fact Central District also did play other traditional indigenous didgeridoo music but the gutter press forgot to mention that !!!!!!
Last edited by Apachebulldog on Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:00 pm

They could of changed the words to my " Premiership won't come back " :lol: :lol:

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Maggies2002 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:16 pm

beef wrote:
Maggies2002 wrote:Name the players that wouldn't get a game elsewhere?

I'm sure west would take them

Apart from West I don't think any of these players get games at sturt north eagles Glenelg Norwood or south
Marsh
Haydon
Grant
Lleyellwen
Weaver
Dahms
Pisani
Morton
Olsson
Gillard

Don't agree with pisani, weaver, morton, grant, or Llewellyn.

Some case for the remainder

Marsh not up to it as a first choice ruck.
Maggies2002

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby whybother » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:38 pm

Is the Pisani mentioned in the list related to the WT hard nut of the 1990s Paul Pisani ?
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby whufc » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:46 pm

beef wrote:Which is my point. They have a crack and win some one on one's, but their skill level wouldn't cut it at other clubs. The constant message on this forum is exactly that, compete hard but still lose due to skills or size.

Couldn’t agree more

Which is why we have blokes like Gillard who can play ressies, kick five in the league side and could end up back in the ressies by season end. We have to many of these too good for ressies not consistently good at league types which spells to me their simply not good enough if we are going to head north up the ladder
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bulldogproud » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:47 pm

I don't think we are as far away as some seem to suggest. Yesterday we kept a Port side that was strengthened by the return of AFL listed Butters, Clurey, Hartlett and Mead down to 12 scoring shots for the match. If it wasn't for these we would most likely have won comfortably.

Not once has a team blown us away all season. We have not lost any match by more than 40 points and have been in almost all well into the last quarter. We have also had more Inside-50's than our opponents in the majority of our matches.

Our defence is fine, hard-working and cohesive. We probably need a couple more forwards (one tall and one crumber), plus a more talented ruckman. We also need to improve our goal-kicking. I am pretty sure we are last in the league for scoring accuracy.
Unfortunately we were not able to successfully replace the following this year: John Butcher, Troy and Dan Menzel, Isaya McKenzie and Ryan Falkenberg. If we even had just two of these players (or similarly talented) I believe we would be playing finals.

Cheers
Last edited by bulldogproud on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby spell_check » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:58 pm

whybother wrote:Is the Pisani mentioned in the list related to the WT hard nut of the 1990s Paul Pisani ?

Yes - his son
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby southernbulldog » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:32 pm

Fellow dogs supporters we know we have trouble scoring and lack height Fraser Fort is doing as well as he can but he can also be good for us in defence,would it be worth sticking Leek Alleer up forward we know he can take a grab and he would be a hard match up for opposition also if he doesnt complete the marks he flies for it wont hurt as much if the ball gets over the back.I know he is doing a great job in defence would it be worth a try ?
southernbulldog
Reserves

Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:54 pm

bullydog wrote:Ben nason gone? a B nason played for Gaza yesterday

yes
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:21 am

southernbulldog wrote:Fellow dogs supporters we know we have trouble scoring and lack height Fraser Fort is doing as well as he can but he can also be good for us in defence,would it be worth sticking Leek Alleer up forward we know he can take a grab and he would be a hard match up for opposition also if he doesnt complete the marks he flies for it wont hurt as much if the ball gets over the back.I know he is doing a great job in defence would it be worth a try ?

Cant see why not....at very least you think he will make a great contest and bring the ball to ground for hopefully the mosquito fleet to work off. From the limited ive seen he also has an appetite for second efforts.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby TDJ44 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:41 am

It's hard to score when certain players can't deliver a 20m pass to a teammate under no pressure.
We need to start selecting players with good skills ,and who knows maybe we might score more.
Last season we had 6 goalless qtrs, this season we've already had 8.
Our average points for per game is 63.1 compared to last seasons 67.5.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Postby southernbulldog » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:02 pm

Problem is we have a lot of players in the ressies with the same issue our skills are poor at times but its just not this season its been on going for while now .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL