Round 9

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 9

Postby Magellan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:29 pm

o five wrote:
Magellan wrote:
o five wrote:
o five wrote:Just a quick note that the Prospect RSL on Monday, the kitchen will be open. Chicken curry with rice for $5 and $2 Coffees. And I will be selling the lucky squares at half time of the league, all proceeds go to the Prospect RSL.
Cheap beer, cider, wine softdrink and Port of course. See you all there 8)

Must apologize for the no curry and coffee on Monday fellow forum members, unfortunately the cook fell ill early Monday morning and was a scratching. Sorry if it was an inconvenience for anyone. :oops:

The bigger inconvenience was not calling my lucky number out! ;)

Sorry mate, better luck next time ;)

Don't worry, I'll be back. One thing's certain, I'll nab that $20 prize well before I see another North flag.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby o five » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:43 pm

The odds are better :oops:
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby LMA » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:44 pm

therisingblues wrote:
LMA wrote:List management, nothing new there even in Amateurs :roll:

Yes, list management.
and....?
Did you not understand my previous post? I just asked you if you believe the Magpies exist purely to win. If it came down to resting a KPP because he'd be needed the following week to cover injuries, would he be rested as opposed to playing on in order to win that match.
I will give you a hint, the answer will be yes, or no. It will not be "list management"!
The rest of my post focused on the fact that you can recruit players, and STILL be serving to support a more senior team, whose Win/Loss ledger is more important than the reserves team's.
What do you think of that?
Let me give you a hint. The answer will be along the lines of "Yes, you are right", or "No, in my opinion you are wrong".
It will not be, "List management", followed by the rolly eyes symbol.
I think you are confusing what I am saying with a conversation about the MERITS of recruiting those players. If we WERE talking about that, then it would be quite correct of you to respond with "List management". If i were trying to deny the fact that they were there as part of list management, you MIGHT then decide to insert a rolly eyes smiley to show that you are frustrated. Seeing as NEITHER of these things have happened, I am beginning to question your ability to follow what's happening on this page, and I would not at all be surprised if you returned an answer of "Yes, I believe the first maxim of the Magpies is to win, as opposed to practice and develop players for the Power.

Carousel :roll: :roll:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Magellan wrote:
o five wrote:
o five wrote:Just a quick note that the Prospect RSL on Monday, the kitchen will be open. Chicken curry with rice for $5 and $2 Coffees. And I will be selling the lucky squares at half time of the league, all proceeds go to the Prospect RSL.

Must apologize for the no curry and coffee on Monday fellow forum members, unfortunately the cook fell ill early Monday morning and was a scratching. Sorry if it was an inconvenience for anyone. :oops:

The Dark Ales were flowing though - have always enjoyed going to Prospect.
Good to meet you o five.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby o five » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Spargo wrote:
Magellan wrote:
o five wrote:

The Dark Ales were flowing though - have always enjoyed going to Prospect.
Good to meet you o five.

Glad you enjoyed yourself along with pat pirate. Look forward to seeing you again. Hopefully North will put on a better show next time. [-o<
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:05 pm

LMA wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
LMA wrote:List management, nothing new there even in Amateurs :roll:

Yes, list management.
and....?
Did you not understand my previous post? I just asked you if you believe the Magpies exist purely to win. If it came down to resting a KPP because he'd be needed the following week to cover injuries, would he be rested as opposed to playing on in order to win that match.
I will give you a hint, the answer will be yes, or no. It will not be "list management"!
The rest of my post focused on the fact that you can recruit players, and STILL be serving to support a more senior team, whose Win/Loss ledger is more important than the reserves team's.
What do you think of that?
Let me give you a hint. The answer will be along the lines of "Yes, you are right", or "No, in my opinion you are wrong".
It will not be, "List management", followed by the rolly eyes symbol.
I think you are confusing what I am saying with a conversation about the MERITS of recruiting those players. If we WERE talking about that, then it would be quite correct of you to respond with "List management". If i were trying to deny the fact that they were there as part of list management, you MIGHT then decide to insert a rolly eyes smiley to show that you are frustrated. Seeing as NEITHER of these things have happened, I am beginning to question your ability to follow what's happening on this page, and I would not at all be surprised if you returned an answer of "Yes, I believe the first maxim of the Magpies is to win, as opposed to practice and develop players for the Power.

Carousel :roll: :roll:

:lol:
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL