SANFL 2017

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2017

Postby am Bays » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:27 pm

Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Magellan wrote:
therisingblues wrote:They'll need to build a bigger restaurant to host that event.

Dunno, I reckon they'll just ask the winner to drive through and pick it up on the way.

Perhaps they could upsell it as a combo with a Ken Farmer medal, premiership medal and large fries?

*Sound of Eagles full forward running - briefly*

Well he is Thick but will give it a Shake...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby therisingblues » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Magellan wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
Magellan wrote:Can't wait to see who wins the 2017 MacGarey Medal!

They'll need to build a bigger restaurant to host that event.

Dunno, I reckon they'll just ask the winner to drive through and pick it up on the way.

Perhaps they could upsell it as a combo with a Ken Farmer medal, premiership medal and large fries?

Only if the winner can say "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickled onions on a sesame seed bun", all within 5 seconds. I think it would really add to the count!
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:27 pm

You had to google that. No possible way you got that off the top of your head! It's been years
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby cennals05 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:29 pm

Saturday is the day for the 2017 SANFL Macca’s League, with 65 per cent of matches to be held in the traditional 2.10pm time slot.

As McDonald’s was on Wednesday announced as the competition’s new naming rights partner, SANFL General Manager Football Adam Kelly revealed that it would rise from 50 per cent in the same time slot in 2016.

Speaking on SANFL Radio, Kelly said feedback from clubs, players, coaches and fans had contributed to the increase in Saturday afternoon football next season.

In other fixture highlights:

A total of seven Friday night matches, including three in the opening round.
One Thursday night match, one Saturday night and two Twilight matches.
The SANFL’s traditional Anzac Day clash between the previous year’s Grand Finalists will see Sturt host Woodville-West Torrens at Peter Motley Oval.
On the back of this year’s success, Multicultural Month will continue in 2017 as will Indigenous Round.
The full 2017 SANFL Macca’s League fixture will be released in The Advertiser and on the SANFL website on Saturday morning.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:29 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Magellan wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
Magellan wrote:Can't wait to see who wins the 2017 MacGarey Medal!

They'll need to build a bigger restaurant to host that event.

I think there's scope for a two-for-one deal with the Mac Oatey medal.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:33 pm

human_torpedo wrote:You had to google that. No possible way you got that off the top of your head! It's been years

It's easily done. I've never forgotten that ******* jingle, 35 or so years on. I can' think of a Big Mac (doesn't happen often these days) without hearing that song and reciting those ingredients.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:35 pm

Magellan wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:You had to google that. No possible way you got that off the top of your head! It's been years

It's easily done. I've never forgotten that ******* jingle, 35 or so years on. I can' think of a Big Mac (doesn't happen often these days) without hearing that song and reciting those ingredients.

Now that I've been reminded of it, it is once again on repeat in my head
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Magellan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:37 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Now that I've been reminded of it, it is once again on repeat in my head

Mark my words, it'll follow you to the grave. As will the contents of the last Big Mac you ate.
Magellan
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:44 pm

:lol:
Nope, the first time it has been of any use to me in all the years that useless phrase has been in my head. For some reason it stuck like the cholesterol from a Big Mac to an artery, and I can impress potential employers by reciting it whenever they ask, "Please convince us why therisingblues would be a good fit for our company!" It has never worked unfortunately, I actually think some of them thought I was a bit weird but I firmly believe that is their problem and I am perfectly okay. Likewise, girls appear to be repelled when I approach them in nightclubs and introduce myself by saying "Guess what I can do..." I am really not sure why people would not be impressed, so these failures have not stopped me from teaching the phrase to my kids, and just as well, because they started getting beaten up at school shortly after! So like I say to them now, it is lucky they can recite the phrase, because they can take solace in their uncanny ability to remember what the ingredients of a Big Mac are when getting smashed up by the school bully.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:52 pm

cennals05 wrote:In other fixture highlights:

A total of seven Friday night matches, including three in the opening round.

Hows does that work? Unless Round 1 is over 3 weeks? :?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2327 times
Been liked: 3513 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:55 pm

therisingblues wrote:
:lol:
Nope, the first time it has been of any use to me in all the years that useless phrase has been in my head. For some reason it stuck like the cholesterol from a Big Mac to an artery, and I can impress potential employers by reciting it whenever they ask, "Please convince us why therisingblues would be a good fit for our company!" It has never worked unfortunately, I actually think some of them thought I was a bit weird but I firmly believe that is their problem and I am perfectly okay. Likewise, girls appear to be repelled when I approach them in nightclubs and introduce myself by saying "Guess what I can do..." I am really not sure why people would not be impressed, so these failures have not stopped me from teaching the phrase to my kids, and just as well, because they started getting beaten up at school shortly after! So like I say to them now, it is lucky they can recite the phrase, because they can take solace in their uncanny ability to remember what the ingredients of a Big Mac are when getting smashed up by the school bully.

And guess what you'll be able to do at Sturt games next year every time you hear 'McDonalds SANFL'.. Re-cite away and impress the pants off all supporters in your area
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby JK » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:03 pm

therisingblues wrote:Only if the winner can say "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickled onions on a sesame seed bun", all within 5 seconds. I think it would really add to the count!

Or the lesser known "Choosy Cheese choosers always say Cheese please, when they choose the cheese in the Cheeseburgers at McDonalds"
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: SANFL 20

Postby VALE PARK » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Three Friday night games in the first round!
Sounds like 2 byes in the first round to me.
Surely not,
supporters would forget the season has started.
Some clubs could probably run trials after the season has commenced!
If so Master planning again by the SANFL.
Would draw interest and crowds bigtime.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby therisingblues » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:36 pm

JK wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Only if the winner can say "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickled onions on a sesame seed bun", all within 5 seconds. I think it would really add to the count!

Or the lesser known "Choosy Cheese choosers always say Cheese please, when they choose the cheese in the Cheeseburgers at McDonalds"

Hey, maybe the Macgarey Medalist and the runner up could have a battle where they try to put each other off by screaming these sayings at each other, over and over, until one of them stumbles over a word. The winner then earns a visit from Ronald MacDonald at their end of season trip!
Talk about raising the stakes, it'd be a television event for the ages!
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:16 am

therisingblues wrote:
JK wrote:

Hey, maybe the Macgarey Medalist and the runner up could have a battle where they try to put each other off by screaming these sayings at each other, over and over, until one of them stumbles over a word. The winner then earns a visit from Ronald MacDonald at their end of season trip!
Talk about raising the stakes, it'd be a television event for the ages!

Then the MacGarey Medalist can do a lap of honour at half time in the Grand (Angus Burger) Final.
Magellan
Coach

Postby HeartBeatsTrue » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:43 am

I take exception to it being referred to as the Traditional ANZAC game.
Tradition says that the game is played on ANZAC Day, between the previous year's grand finalists, AND at Adelaide Oval.

Thats 2 out of 3 seasons where only the above 2 out of 3 conditions are met. (2015 ANZAC game played on 24th April, at Adel Oval, Nwd v PA)

I can accept previous years when its due to redevelopment of the Oval, but is Adelaide Oval not available in 2017? Its 5 days prior to the next AFL game at the venue. and 4 days after the previous.

If theres nothing on at the venue, is it due to low crowds? I guess then it will be finals at suburban grounds next.

Have we seen the last ANZAC day game at Adelaide Oval?

A positive is that its good for Sturt i guess.
HeartBeatsTrue
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby VALE PARK » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:00 pm

Probably costs too much to use the oval given the poor crowds.
A bit like the State game,costs too high maybe?
I wonder about future finals?
Adelaide No 2?
The game is not the same.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:17 pm

Probably a cost effective decision, have it back at Adelaide Oval when the Eagles, South or West aren't involved.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2051 times
Been liked: 3895 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: SANFL 20

Postby Milly » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:57 pm

VALE PARK wrote:Three Friday night games in the first round!
Sounds like 2 byes in the first round to me.
Surely not,
supporters would forget the season has started.
Some clubs could probably run trials after the season has commenced!
If so Master planning again by the SANFL.
Would draw interest and crowds bigtime.

Your logic has me scratching my head.
Why can't you have 3 games on the Friday Night then 1 on the Saturday & 1 on the Sunday? There's 10 teams remember.
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Looks like North are playing at Norwood in one of the three Friday night games in round 1 then have Central at Prospect on Good Friday. Then Port at Alberton in round 3. West in round 4 at Prospect. South @ Noarlunga in Round 5 and Sturt @ Prospect in Round 6.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2051 times
Been liked: 3895 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL